Author Topic: Single Chinese Girls looking for husbands.  (Read 80988 times)

Offline shaun

Re: Single Chinese Girls looking for husbands.
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2014, 10:24:28 am »
Still it is amazing to me that I am considered dishonest and was not asked to be a member.  It casts new light on the image of what this site is all about.  I mean it is what Arnold said long time honest.  So you can see why it might cause an issue as far as I am concerned.  It doesn't matter whether it is not defunct or not.   I didn't qualify because I am considered dishonest.   I don't know what I did to deserve that honor but a mod is the one who started this venture....    Just saying!

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2014, 10:46:49 am »
I just found out about this thread, so I want to explain a few things. First off, there is a couple of hidden areas the most members. There is the mod section, the administration section, and a VIP section. I do not remember who suggested the VIP area, but it was an attempt to keep married members from leaving the site. It was originally planned as an area we're married men could discuss issues around married life. It was a test area, and never really took off. Married guys were generally still leaving the site once their wives join them. Nobody new has been added in years because it just wasn't being used.it was never about having favorites, or holding certain members in higher regard than others.we were looking for a way to keep married guys activeley involved in our site.realistically, the section should have been closed a long time ago, but just hadn't.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 04:17:54 pm by Rhonald »

Offline maxx

« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2014, 10:54:38 am »
So I see the conspiracy are running rampant. It is and was just a place for the married members. Who's wives are in there own country.

Why weren't certain members invited to join. I have no idea it is above my pay scale.I do know that it died a painful and slow death years ago,Most of the members there are not even on this forum anymore. Like Rhonald said nobody has posted on there in a longtime.

I talked to Martin this mourning and he said that he will come and enlighten those members that are concerned.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2014, 03:12:29 pm »
I have opened up the VIP area for everyone to see.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2014, 04:27:31 pm »
registered members. You should be able to see it if you just keep scrolling down the page.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2014, 04:30:25 pm »
It looks broken Martin, as now I don't see it anymore and when I click on the quote I posted from that section here, it gives me an error message.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2014, 04:39:13 pm »
try it again. I might have clicked the wrong button. Let me know.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2014, 04:43:52 pm »
I see it now.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline shaun

« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2014, 06:27:10 pm »
Maxx, there isn't any conspiracy theory here.  I only responded to what I read in Arnold's post. There were two points; longtime members and honest members.  Well I'm a long time member so that led me to only one conclusion.  I objected to the honest members part.  I didn't know anything about that site and after Martin's explanation it made sense.  I knew from previous mods that there were places where mods could talk but it didn't concern me and now that I know what the other place is or was it does not concern me.  Martin's description of the site and what little Arnold said doesn't resemble the same things.  You need to remember that most of us are not privy to the things you are being a global mod.  So jumping to the conspiracy theory was out of order based on the knowledge that was imparted only by Arnold.   That is all most of us had to work with.

I am glad to see Martin that you've given good thought to member retention.  It has always bothered me that once most people get their wives home they leave the site.  I'm not sure what the answer is.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 07:38:02 pm by shaun »

Arnold

« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2014, 02:15:19 pm »
Boy Guys, I did not intent to cause such an uproar with this. Yes that VIP section was created right after Irishman build us this Forum site and was used by only the us Mods and we had planned bigger things with it.. but it never took off. So it got put on the side-burner and almost forgotten. I try'd to find a use for by mentioning it with my post.
Also, by me meaning LONG-TIME members.. this is what it was set out to be used for. For the HONEST part, well this was meant for people that come and stay here and (like told by earlier posts) not be the fly-by's that cause trouble or steer thing up for their pleasure only. In a way it was just like the PM system and that did not offend anybody by Members talking to eachother (Secretly) among themselves. So there is no need to feel hurt by not being included into a section that really never took off.

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2014, 05:39:56 am »
The easiest thing would have been to make an announcement that the Vip lounge is now open to use...
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2014, 09:50:03 am »
The easiest thing would have been to make an announcement that the Vip lounge is now open to use...
If it is open to all and sundry then what is the point of it?  ???

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2014, 09:38:20 pm »
Willy,
Martin said it was open for registered members only.

Yes I hear that but what is a registered members? Is that anyone who provides a email address and gives the merest details of them selves other than the guests who float around?

In my view a VIP area should be just that a special place for invitees only.

If we all start dealing in a VIP area alone then serious newbies looking for a forum to join will have nothing to see!

If we keep the VIP area for women who want some sort of privacy then who can find them?

The woman should be contacted from this Forum only by using the members message service.  Receiving one bad one of these can bring down the 'Wrath of the Mods' upon the sender.

As we know no one should give out their private contact details, willy nilly, for the world to see.

Lets keep the VIP area for mods where they can freely slate us minions.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline shaun

« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2014, 01:46:24 pm »
hon·est adjective \ˈä-nəst\
: good and truthful : not lying, stealing, or cheating

: showing or suggesting a good and truthful character

: not hiding the truth about someone or something : not meant to deceive someone

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2014, 02:48:50 pm »
I'm not so sure that a VIP area serves any useful purpose at all, in fact it could likely be seen as elitist and detract from overall exchange of info from old hands and newbies.

If Mods want to sound off to each other, then they can do it on PM...privately.

If newbies see a VIP area that they are forbidden to use, they may feel excluded from the mainstream Forum activity.

So many good guys have dropped off the Forum, we need dome positives to bring them back and/or attract new people who are beginning this "journey".

But maybe we can have a VIP area that deals with only matters of a sexual nature.........that should attract some interest  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ps...Shaun...chill out, we all know you are honest....I am sure that no personal slight was intended in not asking you to join the VIP section. They did'nt ask me either, but I aint honest and so I did not get offended (LOL)