Author Topic: Single Chinese Girls looking for husbands.  (Read 80982 times)

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
Re: Single Chinese Girls looking for husbands.
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2014, 03:09:15 pm »
I am repeating myself now but Martin said it was open for registered members only. 

That means newbies, old-timers and the walking dead are allowed into the VIP area as long as they are a registered member. I can go there and I bet you can too. But the non-registered casual visitors are not allowed in there. So I can leave my lady friends introductions here in public but move their contact information into the VIP area. Maybe that will increase membership of really interested guys.

Right Martin?

BTW Martin or other mods. What has happened to the little dashboard that was available during a post. You know the one that allowed you to choose the font , size, insert a URL and etc.   It is no longer available to me. Did it get removed or did I mistakenly turn it off somehow? The only way I can make them work is to enter them manually.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 03:14:43 pm by Pineau »
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2014, 05:48:33 pm »
the VIP section was opened up so that people could see that there was nothing unusual being said their. That section hadn't been used in a long time and was going to be deleted eventually. It still will be. It has no real use to this forum that I can see.

I can change the size of my fonts. Maybe something you shut off?

The VIP section was never an area for the moderators to discuss site issues. We have another area that is out of sight for just that purpose.

Offline shaun

« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2014, 06:35:14 pm »
David initially I was upset by the word honest.  Then I was given a definition of honest that has nothing to do with the word honest.  I was told two different things as to what the site was all about.  Then it opened up and I saw that neither description was necessarily accurate.  Finally I am told that I shouldn't worry about it because it is no longer used. But the intent was clear.   I kind of feel like I am a mushroom.   Kept in the dark and covered with ....

I would have been more understanding if the powers to be just came out and said we had a site that didn't work where I could talk with my personal invited friends.  I'd have nothing to say about that because I can't be everyones good friend.  It is understandable.

Now it is more of a wake up call for me.  I talk less and less because of issues of the past.  Now I see that I still talk too much.  It is what it is.  No more no less.   Real life.   Segregation is what it is all about.  I simply lost sight of that fact.

I'm not offended just disappointed.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 06:57:07 pm by shaun »

Offline JohnB

• Board Moderator
  • the less traveled road has made all the difference
« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2014, 09:40:25 pm »
have to agree with DavidE on his post.
"I'm not so sure that a VIP area serves any useful purpose at all, in fact it could likely be seen as elitist "
great post!
maybe blame Dobie Gray's big hit long ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOWO--z1S8A
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 10:07:42 pm by JohnB »

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2014, 04:05:25 am »
forget the vip loungue, why not bring back the chat box where the guys can talk to each other quicker than posting...There was noting wrong when we had tha 'Chat box in the beginning...I'm not sure about some of the others but I (because of the time difference) used to enjyo staying up late to chat to the guys from all over the place...  And Yes David E you are not honest...lol :D :D :D :D...in a honest way.....lol.....I think :o :o :o :o :o :o :o ;D ;D
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 05:48:35 am by Scottish_Robbie »
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2014, 05:21:13 am »
forget the vip loungue, why not bring back the chat box where the guys can talk to each other quicker tan posting...Tere was noting wrong whe we had tha 'Cat box in te beginning...I'm not sure about some of the others but I (because of the ime difference) used to ejo staying up late to cat to the guys fom al over the place...  And Yes David E you are not honest...lol :D :D :D :D

Chat box!!! First you need to get your chatting understandable. ;D ;D ;D ;D  Or get your word checking up to scratch! Or is the scratch what the Cat Box is for.

Willy
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 05:23:23 am by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2014, 05:44:50 am »
Bloody stupid keys and typing to fast :( :( ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2014, 06:51:32 am »
Are you saying - fat little fingers trying to hit the right spot?  ;D ;D ;D

I did not think you had problems with that!   Well so I hear. ??? ::)

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Pineau

• Board Moderator
    • Youtube
« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2014, 10:52:27 pm »
Ok, the dust has settled. I think it is safe to come out again.

Allow me to introduce Mandy. I have known her since about May 2012. She lives in Guangzhou. I knew her while I was living there but we I never got a chance to meet in person. We are just QQ buddies.

She is 41  years old and will be 42 in July. She weighs 105 pounds and is 5 ft 3  tall.

She was born and raised in Guangzhou and all her family lives there. 
Her husband passed away from liver cancer 4 years ago. She has been single since then.

She has a 16 year old son of who she is very proud. He is in high school and very good at mathematics, physics and chemistry. When I first met her she was an elementary school teacher but now she is the school principle. It is a steady job and good income.  This is her primary worry ( Finding a job in a foreign country).    She has been alone for 4 years and thinks it is time to find a husband. She, like many of my friends have observed the marriage of my wife an I. She wants to marry a western man. 
She says her English in no-good but with the help of a translation software we have had no problems communicating at all.

I have her contact information and will give it to registered members of good standing. (That means... you have been a member for a while, you have made contributions to the forum, and your profile is complete and accurate.) She is looking for someone between 48 and 55 but I guess the is some leeway there.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 02:39:05 am by Pineau »
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.

Offline fivetrout

« Reply #99 on: March 18, 2015, 06:54:27 pm »
Someone is getting really attached to the "the most interesting man in the world" photo!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline shaun

« Reply #100 on: March 18, 2015, 07:32:12 pm »
I was going to say something here but....  why?    It is what it is.

Offline shaun

« Reply #101 on: March 19, 2015, 04:51:19 am »
In my opinion if you had been looking for a little common courtesy like you said then you wouldn't have used the word hijack.    No one intended to take your thread away from its intended purpose.  It was a valid concern that revealed itself on this thread, it was discussed and abandoned.  The thread laid dormant for almost a year so I don't think anyone was intending on "hijacking" it. What happened, happened and it needed to be fleshed out once it was revealed.  Personally I think it pissed you off and you have over reacted to it.  Common courtesy would have asked people to they to stick to the subject of the thread.   Just my opinion though.

Offline Pineau

• Board Moderator
    • Youtube
« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2015, 12:46:55 pm »
Just so you know I feel responsible for the ladies I introduce here. I will stay close until they feel safe. Then I let go.

Offline fivetrout

« Reply #103 on: March 21, 2015, 03:43:36 pm »
Gerry, I was just ribbing you... as you did state at the time the photo was temporary. No harm no foul!

Offline Axiom

« Reply #104 on: May 05, 2015, 04:49:22 am »
Finally saw this,

Yeah, I would like kids. If that is not a problem for you, let me tell you, ELLA IS A SUPER SWEET PERSON! Any guy would be super lucky to have a woman like her.