Author Topic: Chinese Women and Money?  (Read 18161 times)

Offline Clayton

Re: Chinese Women and Money?
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2011, 09:52:57 pm »
Thanks to David E and Willy for reassuring me, I hate to think of my wife as a money grabber but a little bit of doubt came over me when this subject came up, I guess all this waiting for a visa causes my thinking to stray sometimes.
I'm sure she'll like it here with the moonlight walks along the beach  ( we can't go out during the day ,she hates the sun )our own house, and I'm waiting for her to get here to help Finnish painting and reflooring etc,
She will also have daily access to family and friends back home via QQ and phone

We have a large group of friends and family who can't wait to welcome her, and she says she is ready for the quiet life ,hell anywhere would be quieter than Shenzhen.

I told her the other day she will never be clod,never suffer from heat and humidity, never go hungry, always be clothed,well most of the time anyway, and as long as she is a good wife she will be loved and cared for for the rest of her life.

That was my promise to her, I can't do any more than that.

Cheers
Leeroy
This is the way to go

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2011, 12:42:00 am »
I must agree with Willy, (geez will get deported for agreeing with a pom) anyway honesty is the best policy.  I told Xia when I first went to China that I was living with my brother after my divorce and walking away with nothing (by choice), and saving to start life again.  I also explained how my plans for the future and evern went so far as to show her facts and figures.  Made it easier to understand and explain. 

But since Xia has been here with have been fortuante enought to have purchased our house now.  Move in second week of the new year after I paint it all, expecting a baby in late March/early April.  I do not think that I would have worried about buying a house if it had not been for her being here.  She has made life so much better in so many little and big ways.

I guess there are two sides to this.  1.  I was very clear and honest with her when I first went to China and explained everything about my situation.  Of course everyone's will be different but somehow from all the stories I have read they are the same in so many ways.
2.  Your wife will change the way you do, look and appreciate things for the better.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Vince G

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2011, 07:23:24 am »
I definitely agree. If there is going to be any problems about it? best it's at the start of the relationship rather then later, married and you get to hear her nagging at you day & nite.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2011, 08:12:40 am »
I definitely agree. If there is going to be any problems about it? best it's at the start of the relationship rather then later, married and you get to hear her nagging at you day & nite.

Leave it too late and you may get Chinese acupuncture with 6 inch blades. ;D
Especiallyif you tell her 'wo bu dong" everytime.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline shaun

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2011, 08:32:27 am »
Willy thank your for starting this thread.  It is a good one.

One thing the we all need to be aware of is that as you explain your financial status to your prospective wife that she is deciphering this through close friends to better understand what you are saying.  Quite often they get the wrong idea and they will come to the conclusion that you are much more wealthy than you are.  We as men don't help that either.  Most of us are divorced and have been told that we are less than adequate financially.  Now we are told we are rich and we like that feeling.  Our job is to gently bring them back to reality.  Even doing this gently you may catch a little crap because now she is going to lose a little face.  Problem is quite often the man runs for the hills yelling gold digger.  Yet if he will stick it out a little while longer he may find out that she will adjust and everything will be fine.

Vince G

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2011, 01:03:14 pm »
The subject sits on so many levels it's almost the same as the word scam? A woman wanting to know what her future will be like isn't a gold digger in my book. It is more apparent with her actions anyway. I commonly make the call by their conversations and their actions. ex: Buy me a car and it better be a new one. Some aren't so direct. The obvious is the much younger very attractive woman hanging on the older gentleman's arm. But I have seen and experienced the un-attractive, over weight, homely looking woman with the same tactics.

Here's an article that can explain it better...    http://www.wikihow.com/Spot-a-Gold-Digger

Vince G

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2011, 03:42:12 pm »
Well, they have things in common? He's 91 and she's 19   ::) ;D

Arnold

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2011, 06:11:25 pm »
Well here in the west , this might fly .. but if she was a Asian Woman .. I see NO Visa approval any time soon . He might have to wait longer then Rhonald . :'(

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2011, 08:27:52 pm »
Gold- Digger or super-hot grand-daughter? ;)

Robert

Dont be such a cynic...anyone can see that this must be true love at first sight.

I think I will hang on 'till I am 91...........looks like the benefits are worth it  ;D ;D ;D

ps...that key he has hanging around his neck...the key to his heart...or his wall-safe ????

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2011, 08:32:01 pm »
Is that not a photoshopped picture of a certain Scottish member?
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2011, 08:33:24 pm »
ps...that key he has hanging around his neck...the key to his heart...or his wall-safe ????

Her chastity belt  :o
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

• Board Moderator
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2011, 08:44:23 pm »
I checked out the 91 year olds family history. I have attached a photo of him taken three weeks before he met this lovely lady.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

• Board Moderator
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2011, 10:43:20 pm »

I heard from reliable sources that he was somewhere else when that lady was in town!

Robertt!!! You've just blown my cover.  I told the wife I had been to a terrible city.  I really did tell her the truth as I said "I have been to one Hell of a place"

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline JohnB

• Board Moderator
  • the less traveled road has made all the difference
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2012, 09:19:57 pm »
ATM lifestyles

I was visiting the other site's forum yesterday and stumbled on something of interest. It had to do with money. Kind of straitforward...it was a comment concerning a couple of women from northern China advising a southern Chinese woman in the “how to” or the art of extracting money from their foreigner. If I have that correct. Good. If not, it does not matter. Still this got me to thinking of husbands and wives, domiciled together. In other words, husband & wife together under a roof acting like husband & wife normally do.

Now the thing is, my northern China wife will be coming to me in early March. Any monies sent to her have seemingly disappeared into a China void. Accountability be damned. When she is here I want to set up OUR account. I also will maintain my own account to pay the mortgage and revolving credit card debt. Maybe the power bill & so forth. I figure she can be responsible for the household features. Food, cooking, & cleaning, so forth. Her English is nill. She will contribute to whatever workload of comfort exists. She is a great cook, she is great in all facets in the relationship. Until there is an issue.
But I am learning to speak her language, “yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes...whatever...yes, yes, yes, yes...”. I was advised this by a Korean woman where I work. Always say yes, never no. Also, spoil the wife like a baby. Treat her like a baby. Always. I guess this is the ultimate key to success when logical line of reasoning fails. Of which, if you are married to a Chinese woman, all reasoning is lost in translation, or is it. Always take the safe tact of attack. Say yes. Retreat to the rear.

Getting back to my original intent. What are the members experiences when the wife and husband are together? I plan to transfer monies into our common account for her to pay the grocery and household expense items, miscellaneous expenditures & so forth.  Do you think that in itself is enough to please her? I mean your woman is with you now. Not China. Of course I will monitor it since I am to fund it. When she is here, I will sit her down and explain the rules of the road. Yeh right, if that will happen. The monies are hers, for food & household expenses, whatnot. But I know there has to be some 'slush' of sorts, I mean there has to be some 'mad' money for her. How do you guys do this? Is there some easy way? Any logic to this unseen madness.
Money is important to these women.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 09:23:04 pm by John »

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2012, 10:16:16 pm »

Just found this thread, I do hope there is another member who is Scottish on here and your not talking about meJason matey? :o :o ;D ;D ;D
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill