Author Topic: Here I go again  (Read 15356 times)

Offline Peter Arnold

• Milestogo
Re: Here I go again
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2012, 08:04:15 pm »
John, I concur with you about Davids' comments. He is a wonderful source of sound wisdom.
It is never too late to be what you might have been

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2012, 08:37:10 pm »
David E,
I will tell you that your few words were probably as good as anything I have ever read on this forum.

John I wish you hadn't have quoted this paragraph...Now we will never stop him ;D ;D ;D haha only joking mate

Seriously though john, I concur with almost everything thats written about David, He is a close and good friend.,, :)

And David I don't for one minute believe what people say about you (you know the bad things !!)  hahaha ;D ;D
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2012, 05:37:19 pm »
And David I don't for one minute believe what people say about you (you know the bad things !!)  hahaha ;D ;D

Rob......

Here is another of my weaknesses...( ;D ;D ;D)...."I dont give a large rat's a** what anybody thinks of me...as long as they get my name right " !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

It's all good fun....I wouldn't be dead for quids...(another example of the Aussies' immaculate use of the English grammar, syntax and colloquillism ) ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 05:41:13 pm by David E »

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2012, 05:43:58 am »
Ha ha ha i knew that about you mate...If you remember and old age is NOT creping up on you, you may remember we have chatted about this  ;D ;D ;D

and that's the way to be...

Now reve it and that is me!!! :(
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline Peter Arnold

• Milestogo
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2012, 03:32:57 am »
   It is pretty quiet on this site. Seems like a good time to update my experiences in Harbin and show some pictures of the woman I spent my time with.
   Things got pretty stressful for me when we got back from Tianjin,as the family went into 'Lets get this wedding organised' mode. It was like being on a train that I could not get off. I eventually did slow things down when they started talking about getting the wedding photos done before I left. They said I would have to pay a deposit for the wedding package deal if we got photos taken before I left. I told the family that I could not get access to my money in China. I also said that I needed to discuss things in private with their Aunt/sister,Candy.
  I only had two days left if I was to get photos taken. I was not ready to do the photo trip yet,if at all. I really did not want a full blown wedding package.
   Anyways,I got more stressed than I was aware of, and ended up sick in bed the day before I was to fly home. Luckily Candy dosed me up and I was well enough to fly home. I know this does not sound good, but I was glad to be going home. I needed some breathing space to contemplate my future with Candy, and what I wanted, not what the family wanted.
    I told Candy today that I will fly back, and we can get married secretly, then invite the family to a restaurant to celebrate. The money we save on the wedding, we can spend on a honeymoon to Thailand. She liked the idea.
    Our relationship is still in flux, but I think Candy can finally see the things that I found annoying,and seems a lot softer and steadier. There are a lot of good things about how we relate. I just needed to know that she has a responsible mature side that can be relied upon. This is not an easy path to travel together.
   I will leave you guys with my pick of us together. One photo is of her adorable nephews daughter. I told them that 
she can come and live with us in Australia. She is so sweet.
   Enjoy!
  PS,I have resized some photos,but they will not send as the site says they are too large.I have used word document to Copy and paste as a special paste. Can someone help me out here!

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2012, 06:36:39 am »
Any more I dont go through the trouble to resize the photos. I open them in a viewer (like windows live photo viewer) then I use QQ screen capture feature to crop the photo. Save it and upload it. The size is usually small enough to be allowed on this site.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Arnold

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2012, 11:57:07 am »
Man Peter, looks like you just got out of that (Family) whirlwind just in time! They don't seem to care much when it comes to someone else' Money.. but their own.  :D :o
I like your Plan about the secret Wedding, but do take lot's of Photo's to share later with Family while you give them some RED Envelopes ( at the BIG dinner ) to the Family Circle.

Offline Clayton

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2012, 11:39:16 pm »
Good on Ya Peter, you did not let the family railroad you into something you did not want to do, you've taken a step back so you can contemplate your future and that's a good thing.
I totally agree with you about the wedding, just go out like a lot of us others did and get married at the registry office, or what ever they call it, my wife's brother came with us, and then invite everyone to the restaurant and kick up your heals and have a good time.  My advice, when you make the booking for the restaurant, make sure it is just you and Candy who organise the format that way the nosey family don't have any say  in your big night and therefore no arguing, maybe.

Like you said Peter, you first have to work out if you and Candy are really suited and that is something only you can do.   Just one thing came to mind, once a nephew of mine asked me if he should marry the girl he was dating at the time and i put it back on him this way.  If you could live with her the rest of your life without sex then go ahead and marry her.  They lasted about a week after that and then he let her go.

Peter you have doubt in your mind and that is why you are going the right thing by stepping back, now you can consentrate on just you and Candy, no body else.

Good luck and all the best Peter and Candy

Cheers Leeroy
This is the way to go

Offline Peter Arnold

• Milestogo
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2012, 11:55:45 pm »
Thanks Clayton for your words. That is a good way to look at a relationship. We seem to be getting on well at the moment. She is much more easy going and we feel closer.Yes, I need to know that I can live with this woman 24/7 without the attraction of sex. I am still having trouble getting these photos into a format that I can send.I have no trouble reducing them to send as an email, but I cannot reduce them enough for this site. I have downloaded photos before on this site, but not this time. I still need help.

Offline Clayton

« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2012, 01:22:14 am »
I had the same trouble Peter, someone put me on to this link,have a go

Cheers  Leeroy
This is the way to go

Offline Peter Arnold

• Milestogo
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2012, 02:59:11 am »
Clayton, I can't see the link?

Offline Clayton

« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2012, 03:07:11 am »
Sorry Peter I'll try again

Cheers Leeroy

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/resize.php
This is the way to go

Offline Peter Arnold

• Milestogo
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2012, 09:46:57 pm »
Thank God for intelligent sons. He put me onto 'Irfanview' to resize the photos. I had tried everything.

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2012, 11:34:48 pm »
Good pictures Peter, WOW, She owns a nice car  8), John

Offline Peter Arnold

• Milestogo
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2012, 12:20:29 am »
John, its the car that may well clinch the deal for me. Kidding. At least she hasn't asked me to buy her an Aston Martin. Anybody got an idea of the cost of this thing? We found it in Tianjin