Author Topic: After the fact  (Read 3168 times)

Arnold

Re: After the fact
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 08:27:06 pm »
Like Maxx said , it's not that hard . Qing's SS Card came with her Green Card . The only thing with with that , was that both had the Name wrong . So back the Green Card went and as long it was their Fault ( Guangzhou ) it's free .. otherwise it would have cost us about $ 580 .. blood suckers ! Well it was their Fault . The SS card , we just went in the nearest Office and very nice People there ( surprise ) was not a problem at all . Four weeks later she had it back correctly . The Green Card took a little longer . The two year perm. green card adjustment is just like Maxx said .. more of preety much the same paperwork all over . Oh .. and more Money of course . Isn't that the reason for more Paper's / Loops ?

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2012, 09:33:15 pm »
Someone on another post mentioned giving their wife a certain amount out of each pay check so they would have some money of their own to do with however they wanted. I thought that a good idea and plan on doing that.
Don

On two counts it is a good idea to give your wife some money that she can call her own...
1) She will appreciate the gesture and it is good for her to buy some of the things she wants without reference to you. To give her regular funding for this will be very much appreciated.

2) Further down the track, (here in Aus anyway) we will need to prove that she has properly integrated into my FINANCIAL life (as well as my emotional one !!!) when we apply for her Permanent Residency.
    Getting her a seperate account, registering both our names for Utility Bills, Council Rates etc etc proves this integration.

We have a cash card in Mings name into which I put an amount each Month, how she spends it is up to her...but like all Chinese Women, she is very happy to save some of it and watch it grow  ;D ;D

She has a different, joint cash card that she uses for groceries and any household expenses. All of the bigger Bills, I pay myself from our Main Bank Account.

Offline JohnB

• Board Moderator
  • the less traveled road has made all the difference
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2012, 10:03:20 pm »
Thanks much to all. I did not give the 'legalize' much thought on my wife's entry. I figured since she is a Chinese national, passport & all, it is best for her to maintain her China identity in all matters China and for her to have my surname on all things America. This latitude maybe is too simplistic. I suppose that dealing with this will be a little more work than I initially thought.
All the monetary events I suppose I will begin maintaining two accounts. Kind of funny in a way, the mundane things like 'personal possessions', 'clothing', whatever of necessity has popped up on the radar. Things are winding down in Beijing. She is mailing home to Fushun her things. On departure from Guangzhou, I had left her a larger travel bag. This travel bag usually allows a weight of approximately 50lb or 25k or so. I figure she will be arriving with two travel bags. I have not the foggiest idea whatever else she plans to bring along. She does have a fair amount of clothing. Jing being Jing probably has a grand design of a flotilla of sorts. Couple of months I suppose I will find out.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 11:26:02 pm by John »