Author Topic: Reputation Points  (Read 6152 times)

Offline Scottish_Robbie

Re: Reputation Points
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2012, 07:58:37 pm »
Unbelievable... We have 700+ members and yet less than 0.1% of them take the time to vote... :o :o
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2012, 10:05:40 pm »
Robbie - do not kid yourself.  We have no more than 40 or so members if that.  The rest are just window shoppers.  They are like ships that pass in the night never to be seen again.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2012, 10:07:30 pm »
Robbie - do not kid yourself.  We have no more than 40 or so members if that.  The rest are just window shoppers.  They are like ships that pass in the night never to be seen again.

Willy

ps. how do i see the results. I click on view results and get nothing.
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2012, 10:28:40 pm »
Here is a screenshot Willy. :)

Vince G

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2012, 12:06:40 am »
Wow yours looks different then mine? keep your eye up here lol

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2012, 01:32:42 am »
Please get rid of this Reputation Points. Already, there are too much arguing and disagreements going on here on this site  to agitate each other. Enough already.
Thanks.
Wilfred

I would have to hotly disagree with this statement...its just not true. Compared to other Forums (not related to Chinese Women !) that I belong to, we have almost zero anger and disagreement here. On very rare occasions we have a potential conflict issue, but to say that we have a lot is not right. Anyway, what is wrong with a bit of HEALTHY disagreement now and again. I certainly wont hesitate to disagree with anyone if I think they are wrong...but I hope to always be rational about it.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2012, 11:13:14 am »
Compared to other Forums (not related to Chinese Women !) that I belong to, we have almost zero anger and disagreement here.

I agree totally with you David. Especially on Youtube when you try to be logical expressing a view point, the reply is usually more insulting than logical. I have made comments about Bruce Lee and it amazes me the things that people believe he was capable of doing. The attacks are so fanatical that it approaches religion. At least with Religion, people do say that Faith is needed when direct evidence is not available.

I certainly wont hesitate to disagree with anyone if I think they are wrong...but I hope to always be rational about it.

At least with you David, you have never needed to ration all rational opinions as you seem to think before you speak.

I know that with Willy the rep point scheme(when you could tell who clicked) had us flinging Singapore Slings and arrows. I also remember how it affected me when I took a hit. It made me pause and rethink because I remember how easy it was to click in the heat of the moment, while a worded rebutal would have made me pause and reconsider.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 11:21:06 am by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2012, 12:01:53 pm »
Wow yours looks different then mine? keep your eye up here lol

Vince,
 You use the Glassy Curve theme and I use the Forum Default that is why mine has the graph with the screen shot.

Vince G

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2012, 01:40:32 pm »
I see that Robert I just didn't know a graph would be in one and not the other? But I'll stick with the one I have for good reason. When we first came to this forum I picked one of the themes and was stuck? I had blank pages and no way to change it back to one working. Had to get Irish to get on and change it, so this one works I'll stay with it.

The word Reputation replaced another name? (here or was it the old forum?) and what was the name it was called before?

Offline joeswuhandream

• the good life with a good wife
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2012, 01:53:04 pm »
were the  hell as my -reputation point gone  dam you bloody lot >:( >:( i was looking forward to extending my points total
this forum is going to the dogs 

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2012, 05:37:04 pm »
The results of the poll are in, and the results are 6 voted to keep the reputation points, and 17 voted to abolish the system.  While I know that this is not representative of the actual number of members, this is the way the majority of those that voted did vote.

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2012, 09:55:21 pm »
I see that Robert I just didn't know a graph would be in one and not the other? But I'll stick with the one I have for good reason. When we first came to this forum I picked one of the themes and was stuck? I had blank pages and no way to change it back to one working. Had to get Irish to get on and change it, so this one works I'll stay with it.

The word Reputation replaced another name? (here or was it the old forum?) and what was the name it was called before?