Author Topic: 2nd Time Around  (Read 4210 times)

Offline maxx

Re: 2nd Time Around
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2012, 02:02:01 am »
Shaun it wasn't me.I don't see where anybody has edited your post.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 02:03:39 am by maxx »

Offline shaun

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2012, 05:22:21 am »
In the words of Peggy, "Maybe I to do wrong."    I'll correct it here.  Sorry Jason.

Rob, That isn't fair.  You know those boys down under can't count.  ;D

Really, Really,  I'm fond of you guys in OZ.  Good ole blokes.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2012, 09:02:41 am »
Quote from: john1964 link ::)=topic=3401.msg58232#msg58232 date=1328520077
Having said that...I know there are only 2 guarantees in life...death and taxes   

AND GOING BALD ;D

::) ::) ::) That to my reaconing is 3 mate !!!  ??? ??? ??? :D :D :-X

Actually the Count is correct at two, since going BALD is the Death of Hair follicles. No need to Duke it out guys this Early in the morning as it is becoming a Royal Pain! Okay I have now taxed my logic and need a respite.  ::)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 09:05:08 am by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 12:02:12 pm »
Good question Willy.  There are no guarantees, as we are all well aware of.  Even in this venture of going to China to meet a significant other.  I married my first wife in the traditional way, meaning, we met, we dated, we eventually got married.  Between my job as a long haul trucker, and her hitting a mid life crisis, she decided it was best to move on, and look for greener pastures.  Unfortunately for her, she is still looking, and has broken a few more hearts in the process.

So the second time around, I thought I had it all figured out.  Sadly, I made a lot of huge mistakes myself, and as everyone knows, that marriage came crashing to a halt just a few months after it got started.

So would I try a third time, and would I make changes?  Absolutely!  We all want companionship and love.  I am no different.  So what would I do differently?  I would take my time, and not rush it, as I did with number 2.  Communication is the biggest thing that lacked in both of my marriages.  First was really both our fault, and 2nd was a language barrier.  So in the future, that would be the biggest thing I would change in my relationships, is making sure that both I, and her have the ability, and desire to communicate well with each other.

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2012, 03:12:06 am »
I wondered how those who have had one or more previous marriages (or proposing a further marriage) consider their chances of not having failures this time round. Of course this question does not apply to those who were made widowers.

What have you changed, or proposing on changing, in your way of life from the last time/s to reduce the risk of a failure ocurring again?

There are a few on us on here whose marriage is the first so I ask this out of interest. 

I also note that many have had problem with divorces, custody and child care and wonder why your risking going through all this again.

Willy

The main thing I have done is to not marry another American woman. This seems to be a great way to avoid Divorce.
Things are going great with Libo and I, She has been here almost a year now.
We are planning a trip to China next year to visit her family and this time we are taking my girls Emily and Abby with us.
Jimmy Henson

Offline 2hip

• Red Wabbit
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 11:09:32 pm »
When I was in my late 30's and had been married for almost 18 years I never thought I would be married more than once.  I had the choice of jumping out of a window and death by sudden stop..or get divorced.  The second wife could be as sweet as the day is long in mid Spring.  She also had a mean streak a mile wild.  Even her roommate told me she was "damaged goods" and to think twice.  Have you ever been decked twice by a woman?  Ever been to the hospital for injuries that occured while sleeping?  Third wife died of cancer.  Never laid a hand on a woman and my daddy never raised me that way.

So, here I am.  I am now 60 years old and know very well that this is my last attempt  Frankly, I am scared poopless to fail in this last attempt.  I know it is all in or don't swim in the pool at all.  I have met some very very nice ladies and they seem to be sincere and genuine.  But I have thought that way before and turned out poorly.  Lots of email with probing questions, many phone calls, and many visits before popping the question.  But still...there is such limited amount of time together before you have to ask.  It scares the begezus out of me.

I think I am more in tune with what works for me and what does not work for me.  I know what I am willing to do for my woman and am very honest in what I can do or not do.  I try to portray myself the way I really am.  I think that is very important.  I also make very sure they understand my economic situations and that America.  Is not the land of milk and honey.  I still have a feeling that it still comes down to the luck of the draw sort of thing.  If that is so...I am due...he he he