Author Topic: The landing process  (Read 1947 times)

Offline Mark_in_Canada

The landing process
« on: March 28, 2012, 09:38:02 pm »
I was wondering how the landing process will work once Lan comes to Vancouver. How long does it take? Will I be able to help her through the process or do I have to wait until she is done? I would be glad to hear from anyone that went through this.
Thanks!!!

Offline maxx

Re: The landing process
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 02:56:36 am »
Mark if your not flying back with your wife.She is all on her own.I don't know how good your wife's English is.But all she has to do is follow the crowed.If she gets in the wrong line at immigration.Somebody will point her in the right direction.The only problem I can see is if your wife gets rattled easy.Or if she has to switch planes.It can get confusing.

If it was me.I would just go and get her.save yourself the worry.If you can't go I would write down what your wife needs to do in English.Then translate it to Chinese.Send it to your wife.Then just go over it with her a few times.So that she knows it real well.Make sure your wife has your phone number.And make sure you have a copy of her flight itinerary.That way if she does get confused or overwhelmed she can call you.And you can walk her threw the process on the phone.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 04:16:30 am »
Good advice Maxx. 

In the UK there are seperate lanes for non EU citizens but we can go through the same channel as the wife.  I think it will be money well spent to go and get her.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 06:54:53 am »
I too thought of letting my wife travel alone and then I also thought because of her limited English she could have a few problems, I have been re-directed to different places with my flights and if she lands in a non Chinese speaking country she would be in real trouble, Although it may be a little expensive I have decided to go and we return together , At the same time I love China and would love to see the family again, John.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 07:33:25 am »
John what could be better than travelling together on what will be the journey of a lifetime. I am with you on this.   

You guys must not get your wife delivered  like a pizza.  Go and collect her.

She will have been likely never to have left China before - maybe never been in a plane.   

Start your life together in China.  The cost will be minimal compared to the journey which will be the greatest you will ever make together.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 08:05:26 am »
I agree with you 100% Willy, I hate the term "mail order bride", The cost is really minimal since China Southern Airlines have begun to fly from Perth, Total cost for us both is $ 1668.00 , A small cost, John .

Offline Chong

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 09:26:31 am »
If your wife's English is above basic, she'll be fine. At the immigration desk, they'll ask basic questions like who her husband is, where will she live etc etc and they'll confirm all the information on her landing paper. I know this situation because I came back with my wife.

If you can't go back, practice these question scenarios with her over the phone.