Author Topic: UK Forum get together.  (Read 5259 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
UK Forum get together.
« on: April 27, 2012, 01:12:42 am »
Starting from the 1st May I will be in the UK for two weeks and at end of the first week I will be meeting up with. er , er what's his name, err, you know, that cute guy thats rides a wooden horse.  His name begins with S - sid - no, sarah - sounds familiar but not that. Look I know it starts with something.  ;D

Anyway we are meeting up  around the 5 - 8th May for a few days. I will be venturing into the northern plains of England.  Thats where the sheep farmers all wear Wellingtons (Rubber waterproof boots) even in the summer months. So if anyone fancies a trip over to meet up with us then I will pay, well that is just for the first round of drinks.

Seriously the Wee Scottish Gentleman and I are going meet up in the Lake District then I will be going down to Burnley for 9th, 10th and 11th May and back to London for the 12th.  So anyone who wants a get together in that time we may well be able to fit you into our tight schedule. (tight only because, like a true Scot he keeps his hands in his pockets.)

So anyone in need of a Jolly Boys Outing then get in touch.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
Re: UK Forum get together.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 04:57:59 pm »
Sounds good Willy   ;D ;D

Of course, on the way home you may well stop by Perth (only a tiny detour) and then I will have great pleasure in buying you a beer  ;D ;D

You could even squeeze the Scotsman in your suitcase...save a bit on air fares so you both can come to see us !!!

Have fun....David

• Board Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 12:23:54 am »

You could even squeeze the Scotsman in your suitcase...save a bit on air fares so you both can come to see us !!!

Have fun....David

What are you suggesting David. That the wee fellar spend hours in the cold unheated hold of a jumbo jet.  I would never do that to him. 

At least he can travel Business Class, in my hand luggage with a torch, in the moderate comfort of a business class overhead locker.

Mind you, him in Perth, does not bear thinking of.  You obviously do not know what he can do to a flock of ewes in the Lake District!  Just imagine the damage likely to half a dozen Joeys in Perth.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 12:43:44 am »

Have fun....David

What are you suggesting David. That the wee fellar spend hours in the cold unheated hold of a jumbo jet.  I would never do that to him. 

At least he can travel Business Class, in my hand luggage with a torch, in the moderate comfort of a business class overhead locker.

Mind you, him in Perth, does not bear thinking of.  You obviously do not know what he can do to a flock of ewes in the Lake District!  Just imagine the damage likely to half a dozen Joeys in Perth.

Willy

• Board Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 08:47:25 am »
That is never Scottish Rob on the motorcycle.  I can tell at a glance because the sheep in the front does not have a big smile on its face. ;D ;D

Willyu
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 01:37:53 pm »
That is never Scottish Rob on the motorcycle.  I can tell at a glance because the sheep in the front does not have a big smile on its face. ;D ;D

Willyu

Using the motorcycle is an old Highlands technique that forces the sheep to participate. Every time the shepherd pushes forward, the sheep pushes backwards to keep from going over the handlebars onto the roadway!  ;)

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 06:14:39 pm »

Willyu

Using the motorcycle is an old Highlands technique that forces the sheep to participate. Every time the shepherd pushes forward, the sheep pushes backwards to keep from going over the handlebars onto the roadway!  ;)

I'd rather not know that !!!...too much information... :o :o

• Board Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 04:56:50 am »
Now I know why he has the smile and not the ewe.   ;D

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline shaun

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 08:15:29 am »
The reason the ewe is not smiling is because one of two things.  1. I'm not a female.   2. Is that all you got?

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 06:58:54 am »
HOI...... :o :o :o :-X :-X ;D ;D

With friends like you lot...WHO needs enemies!!!... :D :D :D
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Arnold

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 11:42:09 am »
Mmmmmmh... you have the "SAME" smile on that Horse as on that Bike. What are you doing/up to? :o ???

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 04:23:27 am »
When your good.....YOUR ....GOOD..... 8) ;D ;D ;D
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

• Board Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 03:25:49 pm »
When your good.....YOUR ....GOOD..... 8) ;D ;D ;D
And when your bad your Scottish Robbie  ;D

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

• Board Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 05:07:32 pm »
As some of you know I am in the UK for a couple of weeks. First night in North London Hotel woke up went down stairs and all I Icould see and hear was Chinese. The hotel was full of them. Made me feel at home.  They are part of the Chinese olympic team and had chosen that hotel as there base before moving into the Olympic village closer to the date.

Either they heard that it was a good hotel, or more likely they had heard that I would be staying there during my stay!!!!!!! 8)

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2012, 03:41:13 am »
Next stop is mine tomorrow... ;D Look out Barrow in Furness ;D ;D