All About China > Visas, Immigration and Emigration

Denied

<< < (2/5) > >>

john1964:
Neil, I know your pain of the rejection but mine was only a visitors visa, Appeal as soon as possible, You have the full support from all the guys and girls here and i am sure they can give good advice to you, WOW, 6 times to visit your wife and they have doubts, That sucks, Good luck mate, John.

Scottish_Robbie:
Neil, sorry to hear the news... >:(

shaun:
Neil, I am real sorry to hear this.  My heart is breaking for the both of you.  Hang in there and as Larry the Cable guy would say, "Get er done!"

JamesM.Roberts:
Yes Neil very sorry to hear this-I in no way know what the Canadian requirements are .....but is language skills really one of them???
The reason I ask is-Ping was worried about her "lack of the language" but did the whole interview in Chinese-I know it isn't a requirement for the U.S.
You would think a thousand pages of chat logs would not only show a genuine relationship, but also the ability to communicate.
Hope this doesn't keep you down for long.                    Remember if it's a fight they want-it's a fight they'll get

Neil:
Thanks everyone.  I don't plan to give up.  If anything, they've awakened the sleeping giant. 

I don't understand how they can think it's not a genuine relationship.  Obviously I need to do a better job of convincing them.  I should say, we need to do a better job.  I can explain how supportive and encouraging my family is.  I can explain how I have friends in town that are Chinese.  One of my Chinese friends owns a hotel and employs Chinese immigrants as housekeeping staff - they are always needing more help and he would gladly hire her.  I can get that in writing from him. 

Communication is another issue I think they doubted.  All our chat logs are in Chinese.  It is easiest for us since I can quickly translate messages and most of her communication is through her cell phone on qq.  I agree, we need to talk more, but it's not always easy or convenient.  When we are together, we never have a problem.  I have learned a few phrases in Mandarin and she has learned a few in English.  When we have something important to say, we have plenty of translation options: cell phone, electronic translator, relatives, friends that speak a little of both languages both here and in China. 

To top this off, I've also been dealing with a plumbing issue at my apartment for the last week.  It's still not solved.  The plumber and carpet cleaner have been back a few times. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version