Author Topic: My Gripe Box  (Read 24673 times)

Offline shaun

Re: My Gripe Box
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2012, 06:38:28 pm »
David who says an adulterer can go to heaven?   I am assuming you are speaking of some Christian organization.  That completely contradicts what the Bible says.

Morality and ethics are questionable today.  I guess this is one of the reason I went for an older Chinese woman.  They are cut and dried in what they believe.  Not at all like an American woman.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2012, 07:07:35 pm »
Shaun

I attended a meeting last week (it was about a Charity function, of which I am the Sponsor)

After the meeting there was a discussion of sorts amongst some of us, which included a "gentleman of the cloth"

As you can imagine, he and I gently crossed swords over many issues, one of which was my query that heaven must be getting very crowded about now, considering the billions of people who have allegedly gone there....but I opined ??? that it was a lonely place because he told me that only "people" who had a soul could get to heaven...no dogs, cats, birds, fish, plants, bacteria, amoebas, etc etc.

The subject of thieves, murderers, corporate criminals, adulterers, fornicators all got discussed and I was told that provided ANY type of "nasty" human repented before death they could indeed go to heaven....

So I assumed heaven is filled with "repentant" adulterers too.

But as you know, I dont have any expertise in this matter...just passing on wisdom from somebody I thought had a mandate on the truth !!!!

Offline shaun

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2012, 08:59:35 pm »
David that is a subject that Christian can't even agree on therefore might be a subject for the other thread.  :o

I wish I had been a fly on the wall in that meeting though.  I imagine you had him in your cross hairs a couple of times. But you being the consummate gentleman let him out easily and kept it on the light side.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2012, 09:20:03 pm »
Observing life, among many observations I think my cat is more likely to "go to heaven" than many scumbags who confess to a priest every week.

That would imply that Catholics are scumbags  :o

I remember reading a book set at the turn of the century in the American South West. The some time trouble maker/ part time hero, the protagonist of the book, noted that the towns he frequented were either Catholic based (due to a large Mexican/American population) or a Protestant town. He noted that Friday & Saturday nights the Catholic based town was were the fun was to be had, while the Protestant based town was a bore. He attributed it to the ability to ease the guilt by confession for the Catholic towns. But I would dare say that the Protestant towns would hold an equal sway of scumbags.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 09:22:51 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2012, 09:34:47 pm »
David that is a subject that Christian can't even agree on therefore might be a subject for the other thread.  :o

But even if Christians did finally come to an agreement, it would not make it a fact. We would need someone to come from the other side where the light is brighter with the official rules & regulations of Heaven before we could say in confidence what grade point average we needed to get in. I am sure it would not be 4.0 (being perfect) but maybe only a reasonable 3.1415 - after all, who doesn't like a little pie?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 09:36:21 pm by Rhonald »

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2012, 11:31:27 pm »
1. I am well aware of that. Already covered under "morale". You are suggesting she had a need (implying to put blame on the husband as well), rather than a desire (like a horny animal). What authority are you on matters like this? You might be less judgemental on people who share their misfortunes.

2. Yep, never marry so no wife will ever do you wrong.

3. We are talking about "civilised people", in a "civilised" society. Not discussing monkeys.

1) I am as much an authority on these matters as any person who has lived a full life with all it's ups and downs. My comments are not judgemental, they are observations made from My own unique   
    experiences which of course are different from yours or anybody else's. Yes she had a need, I cant define what this need was all about, dont have enough info. dont need it. But sure, she had a need and it
    happened. Need, desire, horny, lonely, unfulfilled, drunk, stupid ...put any label on it that you choose you cant change the outcome. To imply that anything I said assumed any level of blame on either party
    is a pure wild assumption on your part. There is NO blame in these situations....just facts..

2) Wrong....marry if you choose and enjoy every wonderful moment......only dont expect that nothing bad can happen...and when it does...you dont die, you dust off, get up and carry on with life...a bit wiser   
    maybe...but nil desperandum.

3) Civilised...civilised.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..you have the nerve to label modern humans as civilised.  Mate, the monkeys have got it over us every time in this department.

Offline yvictor

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2012, 12:43:08 am »
3) Civilised...civilised.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..you have the nerve to label modern humans as civilised.  Mate, the monkeys have got it over us every time in this department.

Speak for yourself, DavidE :-)

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2012, 09:38:27 am »

It is similar to the scammer issue we all face in International/Internet Dating.....if you never send money...you never get scammed and scammers cease to exist.

I disagree with this statement. Yes if you don't send money you won't be scammed out of the money. But scammers are like mosquito's always intrested in drawing blood. Maybe this time they only got some personal information or maybe a friends name. Never sending money is a good safe guideline that will get rid of the majority of easy scams but just like insect repellent, it is not total protection.

There are enough stories that scammers  will gather enough information about someone, and will send requests to relatives or close friends with the intent to pose as that person and saying because of an emergency please send funds.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 09:41:55 am by Rhonald »

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2012, 01:01:08 pm »
I am reading this thread and want to know ZOMBIE why??? are you being so aggressive from the very start?

You are telling 'us' something and then trying too (notice I said TRYING) to verbally attack anyone that types something..

If you dont like the info anyone gives why dont you just p..s off instead of attacking those giving the info

To the Mods and others...Sorry for the outburst but this guy has done nothing but (in my eyes) verbally attack other brothers
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 01:10:57 pm by Scottish_Robbie »
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline shaun

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2012, 03:55:33 pm »
 :o   ???   :(   ::)   ;)   :-\   :-X

Offline Zombie

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2012, 04:12:32 pm »
Observing life, among many observations I think my cat is more likely to "go to heaven" than many scumbags who confess to a priest every week.

That would imply that Catholics are scumbags  :o

Not at all. I was comparing my cat to many scumbags. That's very different to saying all Catholics are scumbags.

Sorry if my post offended you, but won't be posting again. I felt that DavidE was attacking me and being judgemental.

I removed all other posts, everybody happy :)

« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 04:27:18 pm by Zombie »

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2012, 04:28:26 pm »

Not at all. I was comparing my cat to many scumbags. That's very different to saying all Catholics are scumbags.

Sorry if my post offended you, but won't be posting again. I also removed all other posts, everybody happy :)

I was just doing a tongue in check reference to your comment and did not take offense. Although some of your posts might seem a bit vocal to long time members here - especially with you just starting here - I can also see the sincerity in your observation. I think David's comments hit close to home for you with personal reference to you own situation.

Sometimes we post here in generalities, but in sensitive situations people tend to think the observations are too direct.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 04:31:00 pm by Rhonald »

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2012, 04:49:35 pm »
To the Mods and others...Sorry for the outburst but this guy has done nothing but (in my eyes) verbally attack other brothers

I try to see the logic & knowledge in a statement first, before I try to let the tone of any statement affect me. I can see Zombie's point of view, although yes, his tone was aggressive. But Rob, his own situation that he contributed to was also attacked and he took offense to David's tone. Of course us longer time members are use to David's method for getting his point across and did not see it as such.

Sometimes we on this site let our masculinity get in the way of our manhood - the below from

http://www.tnation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/the_testosterone_principles_the_antipussification_program
Note that there's a big difference between the two words, masculinity and manhood. Masculinity is a psychological characteristic that evolved to support the demands of being male. It manifested itself in a need to compete with other males for resources and sex. If resources and sex weren''t an issue, it sometimes manifested itself in destruction, rebellion, and anger.

Manhood, however, is culturally defined. It channels the energy of Testosterone into socially acceptable or downright pro-social activities. Without the right kind of socialization, you and I might be in street gangs or have ended up in jail. We might be serial wife beaters or strung out on drugs. We might be too aggressive or hostile to even hold down a job. Or, we could go in the opposite but equally lamentable direction and turn into Ryan Seacrest.

This isn't the first thread were we ever had words getting heated, but then we usually do have new members introduce themselves first before diving into the deep end.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 04:53:54 pm by Rhonald »

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2012, 05:21:12 pm »
Oh Dear Mr Zombie

You have managed to contribute 18 posts in a very short time to this Forum.

Your first post was (IMHO) contentious and inflammatory.

Next you decided that John 1964 was stupid

Next you consider that I talk like an idiot (but not calling me an idiot ) !!!!!!

You share nothing with us about your life...yet you feel the need to dictate your views on everybody else.

Let me ask you....which one of us is descending to personal abuse and villification ????

If you want to come here and just flame everybody, dont complain when some of us bark back.

If you want to contribute...that's great.

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2012, 05:22:23 pm »
Sorry Rhonald, but please point out to me where he was attacked, I saw genuine answer being given then zombie doing the macho piece. sorry if I offended anyone :-X :-X

I would not have minded if this person had done a few postings or introduced himself to the group... :-X :-X

Well said David
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill