Author Topic: Chinese Space Craft  (Read 2173 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Chinese Space Craft
« on: June 16, 2012, 06:38:13 am »
I have just watch the Chinese Space ship departing the Earth with first Chinese woman on board to meet up with their space station.  I was quite impressed by the coverage.  Cameras right on the takeoff platform.  Cameras on the outside showing the boosters being ejected then the secondary ejection of further boosters and camera inside showing what a smooth ride the crew were having.

As I say I was quite impressed and that comes from someone who cannot get his head around 'spaced'.  I need a beginning - Earth and I need an End.
the bit in between baffles me and makes my head hurt to even try to contemplate it.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
Re: Chinese Space Craft
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 07:14:35 am »
Willy , do not worry , it is just a VFT that goes vertically with only 1 station stop , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

• Board Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 08:56:01 am »
Its not the craft the concerns me. its space.  I must be the only person who hates star gazing.  I just get a sick feeling thinking about it and looking through the galaxy.   There must be a 'phobia' for it.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 02:51:43 pm »
I'm sad I missed it.  I was in China during one of the previous launches.  We all watched it on the CCTV English channel, and it was amazing. 

I'm so glad nothing went wrong with the launch.  Truly an amazing achievement.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 05:13:39 pm »
Its not the craft the concerns me. its space.  I must be the only person who hates star gazing.  I just get a sick feeling thinking about it and looking through the galaxy.   There must be a 'phobia' for it.

Willy

Dont worry Willy....it is quite normal for human beings to get that "sinking feeling" when gazing into the immense and awesome void that is our Universe. It is your human, finite brain reacting to the perception of infinity.......we are not very well equipped mentally to imagine infinity...we are finite beings after all.

Have a lie down and a cup of tea...it will pass.   ;D ;D ;D

Offline shaun

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 05:38:52 pm »
Willy follow David's remedy but please remember to keep one foot on the floor to keep the room from spinning around.  ;D

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 08:06:27 pm »
its not space that concerns me...its the possability that there may be little green men in that space undetected ??? ??? ??? :-X
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

• Board Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 10:12:33 pm »

Willy

Dont worry Willy....it is quite normal for human beings to get that "sinking feeling" when gazing into the immense and awesome void that is our Universe. It is your human, finite brain reacting to the perception of infinity.......we are not very well equipped mentally to imagine infinity...we are finite beings after all.

Have a lie down and a cup of tea...it will pass.   ;D ;D ;D

Thanks David. But please get your advice in the correct order. I lay down and had a cup of tea.  But the only thing that passed was tea all over me and the bed.

Now I have spent 3 hours getting the tea stains off off the bed covers and from my t shirt.   ;D ;D

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

• Board Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 10:15:35 pm »
its not space that concerns me...its the possibility that there may be little green men in that space undetected ??? ??? ??? :-X

Well Robbie I have been suffering nightmares from little chappies for a while now, colour undefined.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Willy
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 12:38:59 am by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner