Author Topic: My 2nd trip to China.  (Read 13820 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Re: My 2nd trip to China.
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 09:44:02 pm »
And if things really go South then that's where I am.  Just South of Guangzhou in Zhongshan.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 09:47:23 pm »
And Will has lots of money to feed and entertain us all!
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline T Town Hombre

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2012, 06:58:07 pm »
Well I've been here a few days now.  Nothing to report yet.  We've been busy doing things.  She had to go to work today so I am going to sit around the hotel.  I might venture out a little at lunch time but I won't go very far.  I don't have my bearings yet.

I'll try to let everyone know when we get married.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2012, 09:42:21 pm »
Well I've been here a few days now.  Nothing to report yet.  We've been busy doing things.  She had to go to work today so I am going to sit around the hotel.  I might venture out a little at lunch time but I won't go very far.  I don't have my bearings yet.

I'll try to let everyone know when we get married.

Hi
Don't worry about getting lost.  You should get your lady to write the hotel name for you on a piece of paper and keep it with you. Then you can show it to taxi drivers etc.   I carried my apartment address for the first few months when I first got here.

If you really get lost or have a problem then you can call me.  I will send you my cell number by PM.

But get out and about there is a lot to see in Guangzhou.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2012, 05:56:29 am »
T Town , As you will have already noticed ," But get out and about there is a lot to see in Guangzhou." There is a lovely lot of short skirts with this lovely weather I think is what Willy was eluding to , but these days Willy just sits on his balcony and whistles at them , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline T Town Hombre

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2012, 05:53:03 am »
Where to start. Well I'll start with that we are married; finally.  What started out as a simple process to go through turned out to be a real problem.

My now wife told me that she was born in Guangzhou but she wasnt.  When I filled out the the marriageability form I put Guangzhou.  Then surprise, we headed to a small community out in the middle of nowhere.  The people consider themselves to be from Guanhzhou but the local government does not.  They wouldn't marry us because the paperwork was wrong.

We went to a local attorney to try to fix the problem.  About 300RMB later we were still single.  We went back to the consulate to re-do the paperwork.  The consulate didn't want to.  Finally after I decided to take charge of the situation because I was pissed I managed to work the paperwork out between the marriage office and the lawyers office.

What a load of crap.  But we're married now.

Offline Pineau

• Board Moderator
    • Youtube
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2012, 09:00:15 am »
Welcome to China and the circus. Your not finished pulling your hair out. In fact your just getting started.

Congratulations on the marriage and good luck tomorrow, and the next day and the next day and ....
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2012, 09:09:03 am »
T Town , Congratulations on you marriage and sorting out the true RED tape , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

• Board Moderator
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2012, 11:46:29 am »
Problem is now you are an American and iit is my experience on this forum that US Citizens have the longest wait of all nationalities to get their Chinese wife's to the USA.  Some seem like years. 

So get ready for the long haul.  And start getting your files together.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Pineau

• Board Moderator
    • Youtube
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2012, 12:46:53 pm »
It not just seems like years, in fact it has been 18 months and the end is not in sight.  Do you plan to stay here with her or head back to OK and wait?  I warn you there is no predicting how long you will have to wait. Every screw up, lost document or  missing document will set you back 60 days.

The rest is coming in a private message.

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2012, 05:38:22 pm »
Where to start. Well I'll start with that we are married; finally.  What started out as a simple process to go through turned out to be a real problem.

My now wife told me that she was born in Guangzhou but she wasnt.  When I filled out the the marriageability form I put Guangzhou.  Then surprise, we headed to a small community out in the middle of nowhere.  The people consider themselves to be from Guanhzhou but the local government does not.  They wouldn't marry us because the paperwork was wrong.

We went to a local attorney to try to fix the problem.  About 300RMB later we were still single.  We went back to the consulate to re-do the paperwork.  The consulate didn't want to.  Finally after I decided to take charge of the situation because I was pissed I managed to work the paperwork out between the marriage office and the lawyers office.

What a load of crap.  But we're married now.

Congratulations on your marriage! Welcome to China " Country where nothing is possible, and everything is possible" ;D

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2012, 07:44:16 pm »
Congrats mate, as others have hinted, keep everything throw away nothing no matte how trivial and start the paperwork early.  Good luck to you both.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline T Town Hombre

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2012, 09:49:11 pm »
Thank all of you.  I will stay in Tulsa.  My wife says I need to work to keep us both happy.  She also want me to save money so that we can buy a house in China.  I don't know about that but I will save money just the same.

My internet problems seem to be resolved now too.  It only took me two hours to get it working today.  I worked on it while my wife slept.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 09:50:46 pm by T Town Hombre »

• Board Moderator
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2012, 11:07:14 pm »
Many Chinese woman would like homes in China - they think of the future where the husband will no longer be about. But be also aware that in very few places in China will you get your name on the property as well.  It will have to be in her name. 

So maybe not a good idea to even think about buying her a home until after you have spent some time together.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2012, 07:23:21 am »
Sorry for the late comment, as I have been somewhat unavailable...but congrats on getting married T Town.  I hope you both have a happy life together.