Author Topic: Divorced with a child... difficult to remarry a Chinese man?  (Read 2765 times)

Offline djal

Just wondering.  I have been reading that in China if you are a  single woman, divorced with a child,  it is virtually impossible to remarry a Chinese man.  Man are not at all interested to marry these type of women. Also i understood it was even worst if the lady is 40 years old and over.  Is this still correct?  My Chinese GF who has been living in Tokyo for over 20 years says otherwise.  I'm wondering if what i read is correct or if she is correct...

Any feed back?

Thanks

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
Re: Divorced with a child... difficult to remarry a Chinese man?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 10:48:53 am »
Yes , from all accounts it is much harder for a divorced lady , especially with a daughter to remarry a Chinese man , but like all things not impossible , as she can have a child legally in the new relationship , but maybe it would again be a girl and then the new husband maybe would not be impressed , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Arnold

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 02:19:29 pm »
As I am married to a older/wiser Lady with 10 year old Son, I've have ask Qing that question. What would be the chance for you to have married a chinese man at 40 with 6 yr. old Son? Answer was... very much unlikely! So, but remember this comes from a City woman.. where it might be different in the Countryside.. especially with a "Boy" child.

All I can say, these Men really don't know the wonderful Women they're turning down due to age/motherhood. Good for us!!!!

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 09:40:36 pm »
It goes much deeper than we may imagine.  All though a man may meet and like a woman in those circumstances it is often his family, parents, siblings that will not accept a woman who has a child.  As we know family influences plays a major part in the life of a Chinese. 

For a woman with a child to marry a Chinese is not impossible but it does get more difficult as they get older.  Looking on the practical side a man in his forties or fifties would be better off with a woman around his own age.  However like ALL men the thought of a younger wife is very appealing and Chinese men are definately no exception.

The Western mind does not work the same way. We would not, and have not, hesitated in marrying Chinese women with children, even those over 40.

Some Chinese women seem to hold me in some sort of awe to find that I married a woman who already had three children.  Even the local Priest, she thinks that I am an amazing good man to have done that.   Mind you they find it stranger that I prefer to live in China than the UK.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline djal

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 03:24:44 pm »
Thanks guys!  It confirm what i thought/ have read.