Author Topic: Yet another interesting article  (Read 16145 times)

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
Re: Yet another interesting article
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2012, 09:59:59 pm »
And I dont understand it. America saved China's ass in WW2. They were ready to break ranks and run for the mountains ,literally days away from being a conquered nation when the Americans forced Japan into an unconditional surrender. Do we get a thank you. No we get a "fuck you" stay away from our women.  There goes my blood pressure again....

I like to think I am a bit of a history buff and I have never thought this Gerry. I know the USA helped supply China, but never had a major contribution. Instead this is my take on China's contribution:

from a World War II Database

Although out-gunned and out-maneuvered by Japanese troops, the Chinese were determined and were resilient. Fighting primarily a defensive war, the Chinese made use of the vastness of China Proper to trap more and more Japanese troops in this large theater as occupation troops, preventing them from being used offensively in the China-Burma-India Theater or as garrison troops in the Pacific War.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 10:01:34 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2012, 10:14:58 pm »
In retrospect,  I should never brought up the part about the US saving their ass. Now I have diverted the thread and lost track of the point I was trying to make.  Chinese are racist.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2012, 11:26:42 pm »
In retrospect,  I should never brought up the part about the US saving their ass. Now I have diverted the thread and lost track of the point I was trying to make.  Chinese are racist.

Gerry the whole world is racist in some way.  None more so than the Americans - the country was built on racism and in some parts they still follow the same doctrines. 

I am probably a racist because I am against the Israeli method of building a country that never was.  Taking large parts of land that never was theirs and corralling the indigenous people into small areas and killing them off whenever possible.  I wonder where they got that idea from? 

You may call it racism others will call it nationalism. 

I do not think that the thread has gone of your point. It still stays the same.  It just makes the point that like many others you are pissed off with the wait that you thought would have come easier.  The delay however is not caused by Chinese Racism it is caused by American Government employees.

Willy

« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 11:33:43 pm by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Pineau

• Board Moderator
    • Youtube
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2012, 11:59:03 pm »
This forum is not about America. It is a forum about China .Why  spend so much time bashing America.  America and American women and American racism are really not that interesting  when compared to other nations and societies.  In fact American history is boring.

We  have  been around for less than 250 years, yet you imply, we (the USA) are the example and teacher of all things evil to the rest of the world ? How can that be? We are the
youngest society on earth.

It seems that if someone points out a fault or gripe about China you counter with ""Well the Americans do it too"".  My 2 year old daughter used to talk like that,,, but she grew out of it.

I am who I am. I have been shaped by my parents, my environment, and my life experiences.  I try to be a good person but I am a total failure. I try not to be racist but I probably am learning the behavior by my exposure to the Chinese of my generation here in Guangzhou.

“I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.”
― Eminem
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 12:03:11 am by Pineau »
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.

Offline maxx

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2012, 12:26:22 am »
Now Willy If any country was built on racism as you define it.England would be right at the top of the list.Englands whole history is filled with racist aggression.You do make a good point.The world is a racist place.

I think the strangest form of racism I have ever seen.Is in the Latin community.Here in New Mexico.We still have some families that are living on land granted to them by the king of Spain from the 1500.When Spain lost the war with Mexico.Allot of these Spanish land grant dons stayed.And there kids Married other Spanish people.And some Married into Native American tribes.Mostly the Apache Indians and the Pueblo Indians.So those that married into the Native tribes.Had kids who are now Mexicans.The Spanish Mexicans.Cannot get along with the Mexicans from Mexico.Every couple of years they have a go at each other.And are always talking bad about each other.The Spanish Mexicans will even go as far as killing the Mexican from Mexico.Or they will call immigration and try to have them deported even though the Mexican from Mexico.has ben here longer then the Spanish Mexican.

Is there Racist in China like Gerry suggest.Yes they are about as racist as anybody else.I have seen Racism in China.Against blacks,Whites,Other Asians.And other Chinese.I think Racism exists because people do not try to understand.Where the other races are coming from and what they have to deal with.

Offline shaun

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2012, 04:26:51 am »
Gerry, chill out a little there buddy.  As Maxx would say you are over thinking this.  I'm sure we've all seen and experienced the racism.  All I do when it happens to me is look at my lovely wife, see the happiness in her face and realize that in the final analysis I am the big winner with a wonderful wife.

Who cares what someone who doesn't even know you thinks.  It is their loss not yours.

Two days ago a woman where I work was giving me crap about marrying a Chinese woman.  I just let her talk.  The man sitting next to me asked me if it bothered me that she was talking like that.  I told him no and also said that I thank God that I am not married to her or someone like her.  He busted out laughing and she asked the man what I said.  He wouldn't tell her so she turned on me again.  I just laughed.  Then she asked me why I would do something as stupid as marry a Chinese woman.  My response was, "Every time you open your mouth you give everyone in this room the reason why."  End of subject for her.

Gerry don't let them control your attitude, you should be the only person that can control it.  I heard a great analogy one time.  The man said to be a thermostat not a thermometer.  Control your attitude don't let other control it.

Vince G

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2012, 08:12:15 am »
the whole world is racist in some way.  None more so than the Americans - the country was built on racism

Willy is right but only because they were Europeans, mostly British.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2012, 08:45:34 am »
Let me clear the air on this one.  I know that you Americans can be wound up so easily. 8)

You have continually made disparaging remarks about China. This is becoming a habit not just by you but by others on this site who are waiting to get their wife's back to the USA. 

I am putting it down to the pressure of the wait.  You don't really want to be here but feel that you have to.  That's understandable.  So somewhat has got to be punished for it, the man that pushes in front on a subway, gets your umbrella.  One that gives you or your wife a strange look gets one back.   As Shaun said just chill out man. You are making things worse for yourself in your own mind.

But what if you had to make a decision on whether to live in China or not!   

What if when you get your wife to the USA she has the same reaction to that place as you have acquired about China?  What if a pressing reason comes up that needs her to spend a long time, maybe years in China. Now that will be pressure and that will need a great deal of controlling.

Willy

I promise no more knocking the USA until after your election. I do not want to influence who does or who does not become the President.  8)
Willy The Lpndoner

• Board Moderator
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2012, 08:50:54 am »
the whole world is racist in some way.  None more so than the Americans - the country was built on racism

Willy is right but only because they were Europeans, mostly British.

Your right Vince. We sent most of our riff riff out there. Those with convictions we sent to Australia.  Out of sight out of mind. Botany Bay was the place. The fore runner of Guantanomo Bay.  Except you do not need to be convicted to spend many many years at the latter.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Pineau

• Board Moderator
    • Youtube
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2012, 11:02:44 am »
Fiona took me the mental health clinic for a check and your all right.

This doctor is amazing. After chatting for about 3 minutes he gave me his diagnosis that was right on the money.

My desire to take my wife and go home to the USA is a symptom of simple common Anxiety disorder.

And my belief that the Chinese are rude, racist, people and out to get me is pure imagination. Being swindled, scammed and the fear of being hit in the head with a brick for my cell phone are all delusions and hallucinations. A common symptom of paranoid schizophrenia.

Waiting here in the house all day and being bored out of my skull and my need to get out and do something is typical for people suffering from attention deficit and hyperactivity disorders (ADHD/ADD).

My joy at waking up next to  a beautiful ,sexy Chinese woman 17 years my junior coupled with fits of crying when I don’t get my daily massage, rubdown and body wash were explained to me as type 2 manic/depressive disorder.

My need read this forum 3 or four times a day and report on the lifestyle here without making any positive contribution is as simple as the nose on your face. Obsessive compulsive disorder.

All this has been brought on by exposure to a common virus that when infected compels you to seek out and find a life partner of Asian decent. It's common name is yellow fever.

So he told me what I have known all along. I am crazy about Chinese women.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 11:05:07 am by Pineau »

Arnold

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2012, 12:55:46 pm »
I don't know Gerry? In today's World.. you seem "Normal" to me! Then again, there is too much wrong with me.. and that leaves me being afraid to even go and see/ask a Doctor.. what I have.  :o :)

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2012, 01:28:35 pm »
 I know how you guys feel, I too suffered from an Asian virus, which usually presented symptoms within a few days after returning to the states! I believe the clinical name for the virus I had was  " Lakanookie " also referred to as Yellow fever. ;) 8)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 01:30:28 pm by robertt snellgrove »

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2012, 02:41:02 pm »
Woooooo !!!...

This is all geting a bit overheated guys.....

Just take a bit of advice from an old Aussie....and Aussies are the worst riff-raff that England could produce....we originally deported all the really serious criminals to Australia to get them out of "good" society in England...you know the one's, the starving people who stole a loaf of bread, the desperate women who sold their bodies so they could eat, etc etc etc.

Such a mix has lead the Aussies to a different view of the racism issue.

Ask any Aussie and they will tell you calmly...

"I am NOT a racist...I just hate the bastards"

QED

Offline JohnB

• Board Moderator
  • the less traveled road has made all the difference
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2012, 08:14:47 pm »
DavidE,
"...the starving people who stole a loaf of bread, the desperate women who sold their bodies so they could eat, etc etc etc."

Australia got the convicts & whores. America got the Pilgrims.
After a couple centuries, it is obvious Australia has more fun.
You win!

Willy,
But what if you had to make a decision on whether to live in China or not!   

What if when you get your wife to the USA she has the same reaction to that place as you have acquired about China?  What if a pressing reason comes up that needs her to spend a long time, maybe years in China. Now that will be pressure and that will need a great deal of controlling.

If you buckle under, I lose respect. Maybe you the China beacon, still lit but wavering.
In all probability Jing & I will be living in China sometime whenever. I cannot see the big tado in living in the West. Kind of sedate. Kind of gentrified. Certainly slow in comparison to China. I figure why not the change.
Besides, politically speaking that is, when republicans win elections there is always the correlation of an influx of out- flow migrants, as in ex- pats. Better be prepared!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 08:43:17 pm by JohnB »

Offline Mei

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2012, 09:11:04 pm »
Hello guys,

Very interesting conversation! I'm American and always was treated by Chinese very good. My wife comes from a big city and I never had this problem. Walking alone or with my wife all people were very respectful. I did spend several months there and never felt this.

Last weekend I took my wife to a Hunan cuisine restaurant in Alhambra and my wife loved it but California is not China. My wife and I will eventually move to Hunan and live there. I prefer it over America. I find it unfortunate that you don't feel the same. Instead of taking things so personal perhaps try being more personable!

Good luck, Mei