Author Topic: Roll Call  (Read 8726 times)

Offline shaun

Roll Call
« on: October 30, 2012, 09:23:33 am »
I'm kind of curious.  How many people check into this site just to read what is going on?  Comment on this thread just to let us know that you are alive and kicking.  If you feel like it give us a brief overview as to what is going on in your life. 

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
Re: Roll Call
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 09:27:19 am »
Still alive.  Still waiting for my info from immigration - they were supposed to give it to me within 120 days.  It has been 6 months and still nothing.  I just returned from a 2 week vacation with my lovely wife. 
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 10:02:15 am »
I'm still alive and kicking ;D ;D
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 11:11:29 am »
As you all know I just occasionally come to the forum and sit quietly in the corner. ::)
Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 01:57:48 pm »
I'm still here......

Getting ready for my "official" retirement in June 2013. Lots of loose ends to clear up Business-wise, lots of paperwork to complete for numerous Govt. Departments.

Being more and more a "house husband" and supporting my dear Wife who is working all hours teaching Chinese to second and third generation Chinese/Aussie children who's parents want them to re-learn Chinese reading, writing and speaking.

Might get time for a holiday somewhere nice in the New Year.....if only Ming would stop working for a week or so.....sigh :( :(

Vince G

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 02:49:42 pm »
Still stop in here.

Offline kenny

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 04:22:48 pm »
I try to check here everyday if possible.

Just started to make copy's of household papers, Insurance, etc tonight. Linda and Ziwei are in the 90 day peroid now to apply for permanent Green Card. I want to get that done soon as I can.

Everything going good, Linda does not have driver license yet but drove a comdine in the beans last two harvests. Ziwei has been on the honor roll every grading peroid since she has been here. Just got her report card all A's and one A-. Wish I could say reminds me of me but I wont.

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 05:24:18 pm »

Might get time for a holiday somewhere nice in the New Year.....if only Ming would stop working for a week or so.....sigh :( :(

Good idea buddy, why not come to sunny Barrow, your more than welcome...lol ;D ;D
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 06:16:25 pm »
I usually check this site everyday to see what is going on. I stay pretty busy with my other sites and my work, so I do not post here very often anymore unless someone needs some assistance or an opinion!

Offline JamesM.Roberts

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 07:22:38 pm »
Here!  ;D Just trying to just used to the stuff in the refrigerator  :o having the time of my life
Anyone can pick up an apple off the ground, but the sweeter ones take a little work to get to!!

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 10:54:44 pm »

Good idea buddy, why not come to sunny Barrow, your more than welcome...lol ;D ;D

I totally cease to function whenever the temperature drops below 26 C....how would I go in B-in- F where I am told that on a warm day the temp actually gets above zero !!!!...also, having just learned that you dont drink, and I dont like to drink alone....how would we go  :-\ :-\ :-\....much better you come to sunny Aus...and bring Willy with you.

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 01:22:18 am »
Still check in to see what is going on.  Xia and Laura are both great, one getting teeth (got 2 middle bottom ones) and the other is trying to study the road rules book so she can get her licence.  Just got an email from CHNLOVE saying someone I do not know has replied to an email that I have never sent.  Funny seeing I have not been on there for probably 2 years or more now since Xia and I first met and I do not have any credits there either.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline chrisred

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 02:35:08 am »
I'm here, listening, reading.  :)

I prepare to write report about my trip in Qingdao. It could be done during our long weekend because of Halloween breaks.

Offline daghoi

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 05:32:38 am »

Hi I check in here form time to time, sometimes week betweens.

After a few trips to China, I was lucky to find my loved one just 10 minutes drive from home. A beautiful vietnamese woman who had lived i Norway for more than 25 years, speak the language and hold a Norwegian passport. Saved me a lot of trouble ;) Now we are selling our places to move into a appartment which we bougth "off plan", appartment are planned finished within the next 12 months. Before that we will get married in may. Her daugther is moving to uni abroad and my nephew, which I have lived with me for the last 12 years. Is also moving out to go to higher education.
Life are so different from the first visit to Cina som 5-6 years ago, I also learned a lot about myself and life since the first short postings on the facebook group. Remember sitting in a hotel in Guangzhou and trying to post on the most unstabile internet connection. Ahhh...these were the days....

Life looks good and busy,

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 11:12:42 am »
Still check in to see what is going on.  Xia and Laura are both great, one getting teeth (got 2 middle bottom ones) and the other is trying to study the road rules book so she can get her licence.  Just got an email from CHNLOVE saying someone I do not know has replied to an email that I have never sent.  Funny seeing I have not been on there for probably 2 years or more now since Xia and I first met and I do not have any credits there either.

Ok Jason be more specific which is learning to drive and which has got two teeth!!!

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,