Author Topic: Roll Call  (Read 8725 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Re: Roll Call
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 12:16:29 pm »

I totally cease to function whenever the temperature drops below 26 C....how would I go in B-in- F where I am told that on a warm day the temp actually gets above zero !!!!...also, having just learned that you dont drink, and I dont like to drink alone....how would we go  :-\ :-\ :-\....much better you come to sunny Aus...and bring Willy with you.

Your right David, B and F's are the words I often use about that place.    Now getting to Aus will be a great idea.  Trouble is the Wee Scottish one does not even drink halves.  (Well pints would be out of the question anyway).  But the speed he scampers around I bet he could keep our glasses full while we sat back and enjoyed a spell of watching leather on willow.

Willy

OK so who is going to ask w t f is leather on willow.
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline shaun

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 12:52:04 pm »
Willy I would say that it is another one of those terms the British use to confound the world with but I do happen to know that willow on leather means the ball hitting the bat in cricket.

Thank you for those who have commented I am enjoying the updates.  Please update us and as Arnold would say with pictures.

Offline ron

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2012, 10:56:26 am »
I still come here for awhile I had lost the site and could not find it as my computer had crashed.A friend here gave me the url.I enjoy reading all the information over and over .Very informative                           Ron

Offline kiwisteve

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2012, 03:28:33 am »
I'm here sir, my apologies for being a little late for roll call, but I had good reason.
Previously I was here on duty almost everyday (since my trip to China in May), in the quiet corner opposite Willy.

But for the whole of October I have been AWOL because my GF (now fiancée) has been here with me in NZ.
Anna got her passport, visa, employment leave, tickets, and arrived here for a month with just 1 very small suitcase which was mostly filled with generous gifts for all my family and friends. She left with 3 suitcases and several shopping bags full of gifts for her family and friends.

I'll report the details later (well not all the details), but suffice it to say things are going very well, she loved it here, but we now have a long wait until we can be married in about a year's time. Then all the immigration stuff starts for her and her daughter, and no doubt I'll be needing more advice then.

Steve (from sunny, and dry for a change, Auckland)

Offline shaun

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2012, 11:07:36 am »
Steve, you must be flogged with 100 wet noodles.  We will send our representative there soon so be on the watch out for...

By the way thanks for the update.

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2012, 10:25:33 pm »
Still here wasting away in mosquitoville.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2012, 12:40:46 am »
Tis only me here , always nosing around , Sujuan is back in Shenyang at present , for a couple of months , bought a new unit has had it fitted out so no more hotel bills and somewhere for her Mum and sister to stay when they visit from out of town , over there it would seem more than 50 km is out of town , here I drive that far for a good feed , nevertheless she was kind enough to leave me with 3 minders , so I can go out so long as I take one of them with me ha ha , but with qq and her other lines of communication she is running her business here via a manageress and overseeing her Chinese interests on the ground , all I have to do is remember not to dance to close to my minders ha ha  ;) .

Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline lfputman3

• Don't count the days until, count the days after
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2012, 04:20:08 am »
I'm here now and again, but life is life and keeping me busy. Married life is great, we are weighing the options of business in Handan and she doesn't believe me that as an Accountant, I know how to run businesses in multiple cities, let alone two different countries. Oh the joy of ERP software. Now if Laolao would just stay out of our business...
Better to plunge in and drowned, than sit on the pier wondering.

1744748245@qq.com

Offline Philip

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2012, 07:35:28 am »
I am enjoying life in Chongqing with my wife waiting for my first-born to make an appearance, probably next month. I check in here most days.

Offline JC

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2012, 11:55:49 am »
I am new, Arnold pointed me here, I had seen the site doing a web-search some time ago, but I am a newbie and just now starting to get off the EMF and try translation avenues outside of the agency, first stop QQ
James
At Home, At Play, it is not allays my way.   It works better that way.

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2012, 12:31:46 pm »
Welcome JC anything you need t know, just ask buddy all will be answered... ;D
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline JohnB

• the less traveled road has made all the difference
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2012, 05:33:49 pm »
Usually check in most days. Jing & I go back almost 2 years now. Life is good, getting better.
I remind myself of my solo years, stranded in the wilderness, looking into the warm glow of
the 'good' life. Now :)
I would not change a thing. Maybe there is something about 'fate' after all. 

Arnold

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2012, 11:57:53 pm »
I am new, Arnold pointed me here, I had seen the site doing a web-search some time ago, but I am a newbie and just now starting to get off the EMF and try translation avenues outside of the agency, first stop QQ
James

James welcome, glad you joined us here! Like Robbie said, just ask if you happen not to find an answer here already.

As one can see, I'm pretty much here every day! I have to, otherwise Martin wont Pay me the little I get as an Mod. Let's see.... $ 0 minus more $ 0's = More 0000's!

Arnold

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2012, 12:26:25 am »
James, Qing and I tried to call Min for you.. but her Phone was turned off. It was 12 noon in China at the time, so she might be at work and can not have a cell-phone with her on "On". We will try again tomorrow and some later in the week and we'll see. I'm eager to hear her voice too for the first time, as you know she's my little "Sister".

Offline joeswuhandream

• the good life with a good wife
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2012, 01:02:43 am »
hi i check in on regular basic . 
last 6 months i have been  busy helping my wife with her  English so she can pass the exam needed  for  her visa  settlement application,
yes she did well my wife as now got her settlement visa to come to Manchester ,United Kingdom. 
My wife arrives on the 16th of november ,so i have been busy with sorting  the house out ect  you boys know the script
so i am one happy Englishman ,
now everthing is sort of settled i hope to have more time to to read and post  in the forum
regards  joe and sophia