Author Topic: Roll Call  (Read 8724 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Re: Roll Call
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2012, 02:49:28 am »
I bet your counting the minutes down Joe.

Wish you both well.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2012, 08:17:58 pm »
wooooooooo and hooooooooo way to go Joe only 6 more sleeps (if you can) I remember when Xia came here I do not think I slept the night before in excitement and trepedation of the future, but it will all be fine.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline shaun

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2012, 04:35:34 am »
Joe, blessings on you and your wife.

Offline joeswuhandream

• the good life with a good wife
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2012, 03:50:51 pm »
Hey thanks Willy for your kind words , counting down the minutes, I'm counting down the seconds  ;)

Jason you got it right mate excitements and trepidation , but i agree with you all will be fine  8)

and Shaun thank you for your blessing , maybe sometimes in a relationship we need  a little help from our Friends, now was that not a Beatles's song  ;D
with regards  from Joe and Sophia  :)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2012, 10:04:08 pm »
Hey thanks Willy for your kind words , counting down the minutes, I'm counting down the seconds  ;)

Jason you got it right mate excitements and trepidation , but i agree with you all will be fine  8)

I know Joe that you are an Englishman so your excitement and trepidation will be on the inside.  ::) Stiff upper lip and all that is English.

But come next weekend it will not be just the lip.  ;D ;D

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline zook144

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2012, 02:11:37 am »
Hello, Everyone. I am still here and check in to the forum every now and then. Everything is good here in Virginia. LiLi and I were married in April. Didn't get papers sent in until July so still waiting on Green card. Hopefully by January. We did manage to get her a State I.D. card, though, so she can fly around the U.S. when we want to. She is now studying for her Drivers permit. Took the exam the first time last week, but did not pass. She had to take the exam in English, so she didn't understand all the questions. Didn't phase her though, she is ready to take it again next week. This time we will have someone to translate the questions for her. She had never driven before I put her behind the wheel in a vacant parking lot this  summer, so I know this will be an experience teaching her to drive when she can actually get out "on the road". She is also taking English classes and coming along pretty good in that also. We have very little problem communicating, but sometimes I have to pull the translator out. She is spitting fire to go to work, but I am trying to hold her back another few weeks until our trip back to the Midwest with family for Thanksgiving.  Speaking of which, Everyone have a very nice Turkey Day if I don't get to say it again.   

Don
The Journey Is The Destination

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2012, 04:26:33 am »
Zzook happy belated congratultions buddy...well pleased for you
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2012, 09:32:06 am »
Still here guys and girls, MinYing has been her for 7 months today,Life has changed sooo much,Loving every minute, update soon,,,,i promise  :D :D :D :D

Offline kenny

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2012, 04:36:14 pm »
Good to hear that things are working out good for you and Lili, Don.

That is a great photo of you both as well.

Linda was just saying today that she needed to get back to work studying for driver license. I think that is a big challenge for them.

Arnold

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2012, 05:36:46 pm »
Linda was just saying today that she needed to get back to work studying for driver license. I think that is a big challenge for them.

Yes Kenny, big challenge and dare to think if she would fail for any reason. My Blog describes what Qing went through in detail (if you haven't looked already), she was not a happy Camper and not just with the DMV. It effected all/everybody that knew us then. A unhappy Chinese Woman... watch out!

Don, I also think that is a great Photo of you two... and best wishes!

Offline Peter Arnold

• Milestogo
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2012, 05:54:53 pm »
Hi guys, It has been a long time since I have been here. I will post a new thread about where I am at, as I have been around the world for sixpence here in Australia.  Good to catch up with my good old friends on this site.
It is never too late to be what you might have been