Author Topic: Cr1 [little about myself and situation]  (Read 21700 times)

Offline LP

• Kinder fun doing something someone say impossible
Cr1 [little about myself and situation]
« on: December 15, 2012, 10:34:50 pm »
Hello Robertt and Gerry, I have been reading these boards for half a year now, finally decided to join in yesterday.
Nice to meet you all .I am another new corner to this site and am happy to have something to share.
My story started on the meddle of 2010, I joined Chnlove with the expatiation of meeting someone special,Hello, I am quite new to this and am happy to share my love story.
.  First of all, let say I’ve been asked by family members and friends this question! Why did I select a Chinese Woman, to be my Wife? I know, I am not the only one too have this question asked. Why choose a Woman that lives halfway around the World, when there are plenty in Miami Florida or a lot closer?  To tell you the true, I have always loved the Chinese Culture and their very old and very interesting History and movies that stretch over many years. I have always been fascinated with whatever had to do with China, as a Child and now as an Adult. Actually, it was just a Dream that I had at first, what would it be like? To really be married to such a beautiful Chinese woman? By that, I mean ... they are so beautiful in their appearance and of course one must mention that gorgeous and intriguing inner beauty that can almost hypnotize you and leave you speechless. So how did this dream turn into reality? This is where Faith / Destiny comes in, like with a big boom or Bam as one of my favorite chef cook would say one day, my story began on the day of Aug  2011,when I joined Chnll{china love link} with  expiations of really meeting someone special, At first I had some admiring  mail but they were not Sirius, only one stood out from the rest so I began communicating with this 35 year old lady named  Xiaomei Xu,She didn't have any photos on her profile but the message on her profile was in line with what I was looking for in a woman, plus she was giving me what I asked( QQ, phone number and face to face webcam talk).After a few weeks on QQ we departed china love link  and begun to enjoy  each other daily talk and  I could not retain myself and wanted to just go out and scream  how much I love that Woman , that I have met over the Internet . I did kiss my computer many times for what it had done for me. Yes this sound a little crazy but It opened up my Heart to a new Life , with the MOST lovely , nicest , warmhearted , soft voiced, brilliantly smart, short and soon to be my Wife / Lao Po /  Xiaomei Xu  , my Taishan Flower . I would not want it any other way. I decided to plan a trip to China in Oct 2011.When she heard I was coming to see her, she was like really!” you are coming to see me” and I said yes! Let me put it the way she said it,” for shore you come see me face to face”. “You not lie me” and I said no lie. The reason she said this was because she had someone buildup she hope once and didn’t come through.
I arrived in Hong Kong airport on the 13th of Oct and met Xiaomei Xu with her aunt in the airport lobby, she was very happy to see me face to face for the first time and happy that I keep my promise to her about coming to see her. I gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek which made her a little red in the face, after a few minute talking in the airport lobby, her aunt took me to the Panda hotel Located just 30 minutes from Hong Kong's international airport adjacent to the Tsuen Wan MTR station, where I stay overnight. The next day I meet up with Xiaomei  and her aunt for lunch together, we both were very comfortable, smiling and laughing more frequent  the same way we did on QQ and yahoo plus the language barrier was not too much of an issue because Xiaomei English was not that bad. I had to make sure I didn’t use big words when we speak and speak not too fast.

After one day in Hong Kong, Xiaomei Xu and I return to her home town to meet her family, I was a little afraid, I have heard heartbroken stories of men going to mean the family members and they didn't like them and so ended the relationship. I told her what if you family don’t like me but she said she family will love you and she was right about that. Her families made me feel like I was one of the families. We both grew closer each following days and had a fantastic time together in Taishan city, She was stared at in public for holding my hand and wasn’t shy about this at anytime, she accepted this and didn't let it bother her, her favorite line was I don’t care that people are staring at me holding your hand or kissing you. She was a little overwhelmed sometimes that I would open doors for her and seat her at the dining table first and she also never had a man carry shopping bags for her before. ;D

We spent 12 wonderful days together and with her brother and sister in-law. Our last 4 days were a little different, She was reaching for my hand in public and giving more cuddles and affection than before and was getting quite sad that we would soon part company, She would not let me out of her sight , not for a minute,Our last evening was the best night , We dined together with the family and shared a few green tea with no sugar, She was playful like a school girl and a barrel of laughs, The following morning  her parents  and her took me to the bus station to return to Hong Kong  airport to catch my flight back home. I never thought it would be so hard to say good bye to her but I was wrong, she stood there and watched me walk on that bus, I did not want to look back but I could not help myself. She was crying as well as I.

She is the most beautiful soul that I have met and we still keep daily contact, She texts me on the phone every day and never misses a day without the emails and webcam, We have pledged our love for each other and I have return to see her on January 2013 to meet her and her family, They are all aware of our relationship and have never seen their daughter so happy, I have the family's blessing to marry her in China 2013, If things go as planned, She will be coming to live here with me in Miami Florida  late 2013 this year.

China was amazing, so different than the U.S., people were very nice and I never felt like I was in any danger, day or night.I did get many,many Hello or my favorite one{are you a basketball player} ;D China is a wonderful place to find a good wife .That's what I went there to do. I have not asked  for sex or to “sleep with me” That is not why I was here for.
A wife of noble character who can find?
    She is worth far more than money. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.

Offline LP

Re: Cr1 [little about myself and situation]
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 07:20:08 pm »
I just re-readied the thread I wrote and I see that I didn't write what I'm bring Xiaomei to the USA with. Xiaomei was on Yahoo messenger calling me before I preview my post.Robert,I will file out an I-130,I-485 and I-765 form with USCIS to receive a CR-1 visa not IR-1. I was going to apply for the Fiancee visa ( K-1) but when I look at the prices of both and other things, I believe the CR-1 is a little better. IR-1  require you to be marry more than 2 years when your foreign-citizen spouse immigrates to the U.S. Xiaomei and I been together 1 year two months.I was on Chnlove and things didn't work out for me but I read a member thread talking about Chnll{china love link}.I said what I have to loose by looking at it.And the rest was history!!!! :) :) :) :)
    She is worth far more than money. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 08:14:32 pm »
LP.  As I read it your lady is in Hong Kong and not Mainland China.  If that is correct then different rules apply in many cases.  No need for you to get a visa to visit her is one.  If this is the case then you need to read up on the regulations and laws as it applied to Hong Kong as they are a SAR, (Special Administrative Region) and they will not adopt China Laws entirely for a few more years yet.

Although I understand that you will have to go down the same line to get her into the USA.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 08:16:30 pm »
The CR-1 visa does not require the I-485 or the I-765, the only form needed initially is the I-130 and the I-864. I am not sure who is telling you this info, but the 485 and 765 are filed when you are adjusting status from K-1 or K-3 visas. The K-3 visa is pretty much being phased out so if you marry in China you will most likely wind up with a CR-1 visa. There is other forms needed for the CR-1 process but they are not needed until your petition reaches NVC unless you file DCF in China which you can't because you have not been a legal resident there for the last 6 months. Regards, Robert

Here is the link to the Hong Kong Visa page, just follow these instructions to the letter.   http://hongkong.usconsulate.gov/iv_apply.html
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 08:26:21 pm by robertt S »

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 04:34:03 am »
LP; does that stand for Lao Po???  :P

Welcome to the mix, you have gotten off to a wonderful start with Xiaomei.  There is a lot of great information and members here who will give you any information and encouragement you need.  Your story so far is SO much like a lot of other members here that there must almost be a standard China carbon copy machine somewhere and we all just stand in line and await our turn.  Oh yeah pictures help tell your story, especially for the illiterate here like me.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 01:29:29 pm »
LP.
Get started right.
Save every receipt from your travels. Retruants, hotel, plane tickets, fees to Chnlove.com
Save every chatt, instant message, etc.
Keep a daily diary. (who, what, where, why, when and how long)
Take thousands of photos.
This may sound excessive but when the time comes, every scrap of information that you have will be that much less that they will ask for later.

Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline LP

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 09:18:15 pm »

Willy,she is from  [ Taishan city] Mainland China.
Robert  you are right, the only form I need initially is the I-130 and the I-864. I wrote the wrong information down :o .Xiaomei is telling me also,I need to have a affidavit of unmarried status done in the U.S.but I'm telling her I really don't need this, all I have to bring is my divorce papers,U.S.passport,birth certificates and tax return and I can get the affidavit of unmarried status done in China.Is she right?                                   

Offline LP

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 09:36:20 pm »
LP.
Get started right.
Save every receipt from your travels. Retruants, hotel, plane tickets, fees to Chnlove.com
Save every chatt, instant message, etc.
Keep a daily diary. (who, what, where, why, when and how long)
Take thousands of photos.
This may sound excessive but when the time comes, every scrap of information that you have will be that much less that they will ask for later.

Pineau,I'm working on this now.I will be back in Jan 01,2013 if the world don't end :P        Regards, Lp

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 09:47:47 pm »

Willy,she is from  [ Taishan city] Mainland China.
Robert  you are right, the only form I need initially is the I-130 and the I-864. I wrote the wrong information down :o .Xiaomei is telling me also,I need to have a affidavit of unmarried status done in the U.S.but I'm telling her I really don't need this, all I have to bring is my divorce papers,U.S.passport,birth certificates and tax return and I can get the affidavit of unmarried status done in China.Is she right?                                   

If you plan to marry in Hong Kong this is the form you need to complete and take to the US embassy to be notarized, you will most likely have to get it translated to Chinese also, after you get married she will need to get her civil documents translated into " Notarial White Books " to be used for immigration purposes.       http://photos.state.gov/libraries/hongkong/171363/acs/acs_marrymacau.pdf

Offline LP

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 10:22:42 pm »
Robert ,Xiaomei and I planing to get marry in mainland China.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 10:31:09 pm »
I would go ahead and get the 'Single' certificate in the USA.  You may find that they will not accept it here, depending on the marriage office. But it will ease the lady's concern if you just get it.   A quick trip to the marriage office and they will tell you if it is OK or not. They may even marry you on the spot. You need no witnesses as it is not like a  marriage ceremony anywhere else it is just an administrative event!

It is a small price to pay when you consider the total cost in marrying in China and getting her to the USA.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline LP

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2012, 10:38:33 pm »
Willy, my divorce papers is not enough?where do I get 'Single' certificate in the U.S.?

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2012, 10:50:56 pm »
LP,
  Willy is right about getting the certificate here being easier, I will give you a link where you can get it done. Like Willy also said if they don't accept it you can get it done at the local US embassy in China. You can print a draft of this affidavit and e-mail it to your soon to be wife. Have her take it to the marriage registration office to confirm they will accept it. The people at the company can also inform you which provinces accept their Affidavits of Single Status.    http://www.visarite.com/SingleStatusAffidavit.htm

• Board Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2012, 11:32:03 pm »
You will also need to get the papers translated into Chinese.  Not sure about the divorce papers as I never had any need to get them translated but maybe other divorced men who married in China can tell you this.

Also make sure your lady goes to a marriage office in a city where they can marry foreigners to Chinese nationals.  Not every city is able to do this.  We were not able to marry in my wife's home town but had to go to Changsha.  But that is better for you because they have a special offices for such marriages and you do not have to fight through the crowds where Chinese to Chinese marriages take place.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2012, 11:57:00 pm »
Here is the offical one provided by the US Embassy in Guangzhou. Fill it out and gtake it along with your divorce papers and $50 snd they will certify you as single and eligible to be married. 
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE