Author Topic: Cr1 [little about myself and situation]  (Read 21366 times)

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
Re: Cr1 [little about myself and situation]
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 01:35:36 am »
http://www.chnromance.com/index.php/topic,3130.0.html

You can find this under Requirements to get married

Offline LP

• Kinder fun doing something someone say impossible
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2012, 08:00:05 pm »
Thanks guys!you all are a Buffet Table of information. I also today readied Gerry's threads on Ended of the road and Mike and Jessica .(Read 14130 times),there's allot I'm learning.
A wife of noble character who can find?
    She is worth far more than money. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.

SMILE

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2012, 01:59:16 am »
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :P :P :P
you are the apple of my eye,my QQ is 853617999

Offline LP

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2012, 08:47:32 pm »
Quote from: shaun on May 24, 2012, 04:06:33 pm
I'm not sure how to deal with this issue.  Peggy keeps telling me that I need to get a single certificate in my city.  I tell her no, all I need is my divorce papers and the affidavit of Marital Status that I get at the consulate in Guangzhou.  Am I missing something here?

She is hooked on this 001 website and thinks it is gospel.
     Hay Shaun!!! I said this almost word for word to Xiaomei. I like the part where you said I really love this woman but sometimes...   To the moon Alice!!!!!! Xiaomei is the same
Thank Martin for link.                                                                                                       
    She is worth far more than money. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2012, 10:39:49 am »

She is hooked on this 001 website and thinks it is gospel.                                     

Get used to it.  Chinese web pages...her Chinese friends...even online friends that she has never met, will likely know more (in her opinion) than you.  Even when it comes to immigration.  But a lot of the information she comes by won't always be accurate.  But because it comes from a Chinese source, there will be no need for her to verify the accurateness of it...its right.  haha

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2012, 11:47:02 am »
She likes 001, your immigration process will get real complicated and interesting now. Every friend or Chinese person that  has received a visa is an authority on immigration now. ( even if they paid someone else to handle the process ) I do not know how many times people call me upset because their visa process is taken longer than their cousins visa did 3 years ago. It is extremely difficult to explain to them that the processing times are always changing, either speeding up or slowing down according to the work loads of each service center. My case took 6.5 months from the time I filed the I-130 until my wife was approved at Guangzhou, since our beloved obama implemented his executive order to allow all illegal aliens under the age of 31 to file for a 2 year amnesty program the immigration service centers have been flooded with applications for the 2 year anti-enforcement rewards and EAD applications so the illegal immigrants can legally work ( that should really be good news to the citizens and LEGAL residents who actually followed and obeyed the law and are currently un-employed), so there is no good method to determine actual processing times at this point. So all in all, you are fixing to learn how frustrating immigration can be, especially when you have to comply with every step that every friend executed ( even if it is not required or needed) You might as well get your family on-board with you because you will be told at some point that cousin Chang's 4th removed sister-in-law's American mother-in-law wrote an affidavit to the consulate about how her and her entire family and neighborhood was extremely happy that your wife/fiancee would be a family member and according to the 001 website and ALL the Chinese friends her visa will be denied without such an affidavit. So buckle up and enjoy the ride! ;) ;D :)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 12:05:19 pm by robertt S »

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2012, 08:18:48 pm »
Robertt, your knowledge on Immigration exceeds all others.

I would think that your knowledge is likely to be higher than some in 'Yes and No' positions of Government DXepartsments. 

I bet some of the Brits, Aussies and Kiwi's wish they had someone like you to call on for advice. 

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline LP

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2012, 12:11:38 am »
When Will These Obligations End?
Has worked, or can be credited with, 40 quarters of coverage under the Social Security Act;
Your obligations under a Form I-864 will end if the person who becomes a permanent resident based on a Form I-864 that
you signed:
Becomes subject to removal, but applies for and obtains in removal proceedings a new grant of adjustment of status,
based on a new affidavit of support, if one is required; or
Dies.
Note that divorce does not terminate your obligations under this Form I-864.
If you do not provide sufficient support to the person who becomes a permanent resident based on the Form I-864 that you
signed, that person may sue you for this support.

Your obligations under a Form I-864 also end if you die.  Therefore, if you die, your Estate will not be required to take
responsibility for the person's support after your death. Your Estate may, however, be responsible for any support that
you owed before you died.Has everybody who is fast to get marry read this form Obligations say?                                                                                                                                                                       

Offline LP

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2012, 02:00:09 am »
Willy,is that visa place in Hong Kong airport gave out Double entry for 30 day or it's a single entry for $ 130 U.S. for mainland China?

• Board Moderator
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2012, 03:32:56 am »
Willy,is that visa place in Hong Kong airport gave out Double entry for 30 day or it's a single entry for $ 130 U.S. for mainland China?

They issue a 3 month double entry visa for 1000 Hong Kong Dollars.  That is around $130 US Dollars.  If you get to it in morning they will issue same day.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline LP

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2013, 11:45:24 pm »
Hi,guys!have anyone use American Airlines to Hong Kong? Are they good?

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2013, 02:41:20 am »
I flew Air Canada to Hong Kong once.  It was the last time I'll fly Air Canada again.  Compared to my regular carrier, they were unprofessional, the food was terrible, the in flight entertainment sucked.

I always fly Cathay Pacific.  Pretty Chinese stewardesses.  They are always professional.  The food is decent as can be expected and there's always current movies available.  Though, I hear Cathay Pacific will be striking soon. 
...as irresistible as chocolate

• Board Moderator
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2013, 07:58:49 am »
I only fly Cathay Pacific and when the cabin staff heard that I could be flying this month they settled their claim and called off the strike!!!! 8)

I flew to the USA by American Airlines once. It was only once and never again. 

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2013, 02:00:09 pm »
I have flown Air China, Air Canada, & United. Never Cathay since it was usually always about $200.00 more for round trip. When I flew each 3 carriers, it was price that made me decide. Air Canada & United has had current movies while Air China was limited to only seeing what the whole cabin could see.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2013, 04:36:44 pm »
When booking through an agency like expedia or cheap-o air be sure to check the  agreements between airlines. I have had really mad experiences with connections between airlines. Make us re to check. For instance Air china only has baggage agreements with major airlines. If you don't use united or American chances are you will need to collect you bags at the connection and recheck them at air china.

Also the Air China ticket counters in San Francisco close 45 minutes before boarding. If your connection arrives late it is just too bad you will not make the connection to China until the next flight which is probably tomorrow. Give yourself plent of time.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE