Author Topic: Cr1 [little about myself and situation]  (Read 21690 times)

Offline LP

• Kinder fun doing something someone say impossible
Re: Cr1 [little about myself and situation]
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2013, 08:18:39 pm »
When booking I always go through cheap-o air  and flychina . com. These agency have always book me on United.And I've always check the  agreements between airlines Pineau. I've never had that problem "thank God"This week I was looking at booking my three  trip to China to see Xiaomei. Now to find a reasonably airplane ticket ranging from $1200.00 to $1300.00.That's why I asked about American airline,their prices isn't bad.I'll be leaving next week and will be there a little over a month and than some. The main purpose is to be with my girl for her birthday this month,the Chinese new year and Valentine day.Oh,BTW her main purpose to see me come back is to put a ring on her finger. She want me to be off the single market,I've told her many time  before,you and I aren't single any more but she is singing that beyonce song  (Put A Ring On It) ;D ;D ;D ;D.  Yes guys! ;D we'll get married while I am there.
A wife of noble character who can find?
    She is worth far more than money. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2013, 09:06:08 pm »
Well enjoy your trip and good luck with traveling when you are here.

Chinese New Year is the time most want to be here because their lady has so much time off work in that two weeks.  But it is not a good time for foreigners to be traveling around. 

In most cities the scale of people at bus and train stations will be tremendous will more than 400 million people being on the move.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2013, 11:42:41 am »
Just relaying my experiences.   Good luck LP// I hope you get there and settled in before the great migration starts. There will be people everywhere. And then suddenly everyone disappears. It is Erie quiet just before new years, .
You really getting married this trip?  Congratulations.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline LP

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2013, 09:23:36 pm »
 Pineau,I know you were relaying to your experiences.I wasn't getting back at you.You and the other guys have been a resource of information for me :) Last year, I when there for my first Chinese new year experience but I didn't get to see  the great migration.But I did see it coming back home,it made me miss my connecting flight from New York to  Fort Lauderdale >:(
Yes yes! I am really getting married on this trip :) :) :) :) :D :D.
    She is worth far more than money. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.

Offline LP

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2013, 08:04:58 pm »
Hi guys,has any one been summoned to serve as a juror in the Circuit Court on the middle of your departure to China.Today I got serve some paper to be on jury duty Feb 10 but I will be it China on this time and won't be back until 27 of Feb >:(.I have looked up the request to be excused and it said traveling isn't on the listed to be excused but I can reschedule my service .If they don't  reschedule  me how do I get out of this?

Arnold

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2013, 11:09:14 pm »
I had been summoned last year here in Lancaster and I always use the "Financial Hardship exuse" which I have for some years back, but this time... they "Made" you show up at the Court House and you will see the Judge himself with a lenghty speech for all in the waiting room (after about a three hour wait) only then you go to a window when called and state your request to be exused from duty. Which means you have too show up on the date on your paper, unless.. like you said (LP) reschedule. If you have to now do this in Person, you'll need to ask the Court House?

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2013, 11:55:08 pm »
LP , take all your trip itinerary information , which will show that your plans were made well before the Whacko department requested your attendance , hey you may not have to vote , but they catch you on the merrygoround .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Vince G

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2013, 09:38:38 am »
Here in Broward it's no big deal to pass on it. Send the request back with the excuse they will let you know if it's excepted or not. Or they may want you to show up there to show proof?

I went down to the court about a year ago. When signing in I realized my date was off, I was suppose to report the day before. Nothing was said. Sat through all the intro and a movie clip, assigned a case and later told an agreement was made so the case was dismissed? Won't get called again for jury duty for years.

Offline LP

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2013, 11:39:06 pm »
Hi guys,do anyone know if there's going to be any cancel flights from Boston and New York to Hong Kong this week?I wanted to go last month but something came up so I'm trying to go this week and marry my gf

Offline shaun

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2013, 11:32:15 am »
I'm not sure why you are thinking that flights might be canceled.  If it is weather related I'd go now because flights could be canceled later this week because of the big storm heading east.

If you think flights would be canceled because of the federal government budget showdown at the sequester coral then the job losses won't happen until April if they don't reach an agreement.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2013, 07:51:51 pm »
Why fly by any American airline?  I was once due to meet a friend in New York. I was flying by British airways he by AA. Both flights were postponed until the next day through really bad weather. His ticket entitled him to a cup of coffee and space on the floor at Heathrow terminal. I got a night in a quality hotel.

I paid no more for my ticket than him!  So why do American carriers not offer this same service?

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

• Board Moderator
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2013, 07:32:59 pm »
        Willy,

I have been stranded 4 times while flying and each time i received a comp room from the
airlines. All you have to do is ask them. In fact 1 time when a hurricane it Texas i was stranded
at G.W.Bush Airport and they paid for the cab ride and room at the Homewood estates which was
20 miles away. Just ask and keep asking for their supervisor until you reach the one who will help you.

I only fly by airlines that accept the convention immediately without having to ask time and time again. 
Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline LP

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2013, 11:17:10 pm »
One question guys? Is there a Guangzhou hotel Sammy and I can stay in that is very close to the U.S. Embassy in Guangzhou? I plan to go there after our overnight stay in Hong Kong.My appointment at the Embassy is in the morning for my Single status affidavit.

Offline shaun

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2013, 03:54:44 am »
LP, I think you are looking for the Consulate not the Embassy.  They are in two different locations though I have heard they are close to each other.  I've never been to the Embassy.

There are several hotel's across from the Consulate.  Most are very expensive.  I stayed at the Star Hotel which is very nice and 650RMB a night.

The last trip I stayed at the Shanshui Trends Hotel which is down the street in the Train Station.  It cost 278RMB a night.  It's not as nice but it will do.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 04:02:33 am by shaun »

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2013, 05:55:58 am »
Right next door to the Consulate. The owners are really nice and helpful and can assist with last minute details with immigrant interviews. I met the Yang's when my wife interviewed in Guangzhou. The rates are very reasonable also.

cell  -  13724842886
http://www.yangjiahua.com
yang_jiahua2000@yahoo.com.cn
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 05:58:27 am by robertt S »