Author Topic: Any members going to be Guangzhou next week - 20-22nd?  (Read 3721 times)

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
Any members going to be Guangzhou next week - 20-22nd?
« on: February 14, 2013, 12:05:24 am »
Am in Gong'an at the moment, which I doubt anyone else from here in their right mind is ..:D
Will be back in Guangzhou next week, anyone else going to be there Wednesday - Saturday that would like to hook up for a couple of beers?
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
Re: Any members going to be Guangzhou next week - 20-22nd?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 12:41:24 am »
Guess not so!
Belated happy new year of the Snake to one and all. My ears are still ringing from the firecrackers here several days later !!
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline brett

• Man Goes to China
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 07:52:43 am »
Wow, I should have found this thread before.

Anyway, I'm in Guangzhou until 3 July 2013 if anyone else comes to this crazy city. After that, who knows - it's getting stupendously hard to get a visa, so I might call it a day and go somewhere else.

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 11:09:56 am »
Is it really that hard to get a Chinese VISA? I have never had any trouble getting a 1 year multi entry VISA. I always put "visit relatives" for my reason. Perhaps I will have more trouble next time.  I would like to know others peoples experience relating to obtain a VISA  vacation vs. visit relatives.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline brett

• Man Goes to China
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 12:41:10 am »
Yeah, be careful because things changed back in September 2012.

In January this year I talked to visa agency in UK. To get a tourist visa I needed to supply details of flight and hotel bookings. That's a real pain - what if you spend $1000 on a flight then your visa is refused, or they mess it up?

If you have an inviter here then you can use them instead of your travel documents. So guys with Chinese wives and gf's should be OK.

To get a student visa I needed original copies of my paperwork. It took me 3 goes to get the paperwork right  :-\ .

I ended up getting an X visa, which I exchanged for a 6 residency permit here. Needless to say that cost even more money.

Also I know that a popular company doing dodgy visas (i.e. issuing work visas when you don't have a company or job) got shut down.

Offline LP

• Kinder fun doing something someone say impossible
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 03:24:07 pm »
Hi guys! if you  read the Visarite site on visa you would find this:Effective August 2012,, Tourist Visa applicants must provide one of the following documents:

A) Photocopy of round-trip airline ticket AND hotel reservation; OR
B) Invitation Letter for Tourist Individual/Group issued by a Duly Authorized Tourism Unit; OR
C) Private Invitation Letter by individuals. If the invitation is issued by an individual, a photocopy of that person's Chinese ID is required. If the inviter is not a Chinese citizen, a photocopy of the inviter's passport, together with a photocopy of inviter's China residence permit is required.

The Private invitation letter sent by individuals in China must include the following items:
(a) Personal information of the applicant: name, gender, date of birth, passport number, etc.
(b) Information concerning the applicant's visit to China: purpose of the visit, date of arrival and leaving, places to visit, relationship between the applicant and the inviter, and who will bear the cost of the applicant's accommodations in China.
(c) Information of the inviter: name of the individual, phone number, address and signature of the inviter.

Invitation letter can be submitted as a photocopy. However, original invitation may be requested at visa officer's discretion. Pineau,look at what [c] said if you want to skip airline tickets requirement, if you can provide a qualified private invitation letter from China.
A wife of noble character who can find?
    She is worth far more than money. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.

Offline LP

• Kinder fun doing something someone say impossible
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 03:30:21 pm »
1) What if I don't have an airline ticket?
You may skip airline tickets requirement, if you can provide a qualified private invitation letter from China. Or if you travel by ocean cruiser, the cruise reservation can be used to the same effect. Otherwise, you must provide airlines tickets or reservation. Nowadays, it is difficult to find a fully refundable tickets. The walk around is to contact a travel agency or air consolidate to make a reservation. They can actually print you a confirmation without issuing the tickets. They may charge you a small fee, but it is normally far more less than cancellation penalty.  You will find this on Visarite site.                                                                                                                                         
A wife of noble character who can find?
    She is worth far more than money. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 06:56:48 pm »
Here is the link from the Chinese Embassy listing what documents are needed for each type of visa. I think they are attempting to get a grip on their illegal immigration problems while it is still manageable, maybe our leadership here will take a few lessons from them when it comes to securing borders.

http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/visas/adr/

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 03:29:11 am »
All I can say is roll on 2014 when I can apply for permanent visa - that is a permanent visa that is so permanent that it has to be renewed every 5 years!!!  The application for that will be something different for this forum at last.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline IrishGuy65

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 07:29:23 am »
Here is the link from the Chinese Embassy listing what documents are needed for each type of visa. I think they are attempting to get a grip on their illegal immigration problems while it is still manageable, maybe our leadership here will take a few lessons from them when it comes to securing borders.

http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/visas/adr/

Amen to that, brother!
I-129F Delivered: 9/26/13
NOA-1 Received: 10/1/13
Request for evidence: 11/13/13
RFE evidence received by USCIS: 11/29/13
Approval of petition (online): 12/17/13
NOA-2 Received: 12/24/13
Lisa received letter from Guangzhou: 1/14/13
Interview on 2/25/14.  Visas approved.
Visas picked up on 3/5/14.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2013, 10:56:47 pm »
Beware of private visa agencies in any country. They make their money by getting commission on getting you to take what they offer as sidelines.  I have seen now where where it says you need flight tickets before given a visa.

I have not found an agency website without links to profitable sidelines.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 04:05:31 am »
I am going on Monday to the consulate in Sydney to obtain visas for Laura and myself for our trip in July so will post an up to date info package for all Aussie guys soon.  I will be taking our itinerary with us so there is no hidden surprises, didn't need it last time but better to have it and not need it than not to have it.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline brett

• Man Goes to China
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 10:59:12 am »
I'm not sure what this visa rule change is meant to achieve but it's sure putting off tourists and business people. Really the visa processing just keeps people in jobs and the cash rolling in.

Meanwhile the streets of Guangzhou (well Xiaobei anyway) are filling up with foreigners from Africa and the Middle East, and yeah, I'm sure they're all here on legit visas  8).