Author Topic: How to prove support  (Read 2957 times)

Offline Mark_in_Canada

How to prove support
« on: April 19, 2013, 10:01:36 pm »
I thought I would tap into the resources here.  My wife and I are trying to her daughter to Canada from Sweden. We have run into a bit of a glitch.
Since her daughter is now 22 she needs to prove she has supported her in university from before that time as well. My wife has told me that the
Chinese banks wont send her bank statements because she has to be there in person.  Seems like a long way to go to get the bank statements.
Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks
Mark

Vince G

Re: How to prove support
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 10:21:04 pm »
I don't know if the China banks have this? but can you access the account online? I get my bank statements this way.

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 11:38:19 pm »
Maybe if she was banking with HSBC she might be able to get an interoffice transfer from China to her branch there.  At least that way she would be able to provide some ID in the local branch.  May work in another bank also.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 04:12:27 am »
No online services with Chinese banks I am afraid.  That would enable the population to send money out too easily.

I have not found a chinese bank that has one. I can get money transferred in to me but explaining where it came is another set of questions even if it is from my account in London and I can produce the debit cards from for the London account.

Willy
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 04:21:07 am by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 06:14:54 am »
I understand what you are saying Willy but I was implying just getting some bank statements faxed or emailed over not transferring any monies.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Vince G

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 11:27:19 am »
I don't do any transfers, deposits or anything like that online. What I do is have a Excel spreadsheet I use as the check register. I'll put in what I paid, this & that and about once a week I go online and check the balance against my bank statements. If needed I can print the statements for the whole year. I can also do this from my phone but I don't. I am not sure if it was set up at the bank or not? Now I know most banks have this feature (at least here in the states). They even have a app that you take a photo of a check to deposit and it makes the deposit over the phone. BUT back to, I have no idea if BOC or any other China bank has this avail.

Offline Mark_in_Canada

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 05:04:01 pm »
thanks for all the replies, I did not realize China does not have internet banking.  I hope my wife can show support by showing money coming into her
daughters account. Thanks again,
Mark