Author Topic: Visiting Changsha  (Read 3055 times)

Offline winterheartz

• Leonard
Visiting Changsha
« on: April 22, 2013, 04:34:28 am »
Hi Guys,

How are you ? It's been a while since my last post. I have been pretty busy in the past 3 months lol.
I am currently at Hong Kong airport waiting for my flight to Changsha.
Yes I am visiting the girl I have been corresponding, don't really know what to expect but wish me luck!! :)

I know I am dumb visiting at time like this with all the bird flu things haha, oh well.
Anyway if any of you guys happens to be in Changsha as well or nearby please let me know, so we can hook up :)
I am staying at crowne plaza hotel :)

Cheers guys!!

Offline brett

• Man Goes to China
Re: Visiting Changsha
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 07:44:26 am »
Hi,

I'm in Guangzhou, so pop by if you come here. I must visit Changsha one day. God knows I've dated enough Hunan girls  :P. I'm slowly going mad in Guangzhou  ;D ;D ;D - maybe it's time to get out!!!

Bird flu hasn't reached this part of China, but the Chinese hive mind has decided that it's best not to eat chicken or other birds for a while.  I don't like the chicken here, but I don't think you could get sick from eating it anyway. Maybe I'll stick to pork hair for a while (whatever the hell that is!!!!)

Good luck with your visit and keep us updated!

Offline winterheartz

• Leonard
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 02:29:32 pm »
Hi guys,
sorry for the late reply, for some reason I cant access this site from my hotel's internet. just now I tried to post a reply, but an error occurred, so I lost all of the stories I typed :(

anyway I am currently in Jakarta, Indonesia. I will be staying here for another 10 days before going back to Melbourne.
my trip to changsha was great! and I survived the flu!! :p

my reason to come to changsha is to meet girls I have been communicating with in the past 5 months in chnluv. I will start with 1, lets say the name is Yun. I have been talking, qq-ing and video  with her in the past 3 months.

I stayed at crowne hotel plaza, which is a very strategic hotel to go anywhere, I recommend it :) as for the transport from airport, I ordered a hotel pickup from airport with RMB400 cost.

when I arrived at hotel, there she was, sitting in the lobby! :) I recognize her straight away haha, she brought a friend, who is quite good at english. my mandarin is quite poor and broken :p and so is Yun's english haha. but I come prepared, I have installed a translator on my phone, and I bought a local sim card called Unicom, which has 3G! muahahhaha

anyway on monday 22nd april after I checked in, we went and get dinner at the hotel, because it was quite late, maybe it was 9pm. after dinner they went home.

on tuesday 23rd, Yun and her friend took a day off from work to spend time with me, I was very happy :) we decided to go to zoo, but there are a lot of animals not being displayed :( which was a pity. from there we go for lunch and then watch movie. she took me to quite a lot of places in the city, the food was GREAT! :D I like spicy food actually ;)

on wed and thurs, Yun cant accompany me at all :( but on friday she accompany me after work, this time its just the 2 of us. our communication is a bit hard, thankfully I can understand mandarin, though when I speak its broken :p but both of us are using our phone translator app to help us communicate, it was actually fun. we talked and walked until quite late, and then I accompany her waiting for her bus.

on saturday I flew back to HK and then to jakarta.
that was my story in changsha, the good ones! there are bad ones as well. but I will post that in another reply.

also I will post the picture after I reduce the size :)
Cheers

Offline winterheartz

• Leonard
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 02:35:23 pm »
Hi Brett

thx for letting me know btw. I saw your post at HK, but it was my flight time , so I cant reply back in time :p
sorry couldnt go to GZ, and yes I saw KFC is quite empty in changsha hahahha. but most chicken dont really taste that good in china, pork, beefand fish are good :)

pork hair ?? I never tried that before hahaha. but if I see my food has hairs or furs, I wont eat the friggin thing! :P

how many changsha girls have you dated ? :) if I may know. let me know if you gonna come to changsha, we can go together :)
I will let u know if I wanted to go to GZ as well!

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 07:16:32 pm »
KFC had problems in China well before the current Bird Flu outbreak. The Chinese where more concerned when it was shown, last year, that the company had not revealed that tests had shown the high antibiotics contents of its chickens.  The word soon spread last year about 'tainted' chicken and the outlets have lost their appeal at present.

The current bird flu has not improved things for them either.    However lets put the low number of deaths into perspective.  15 Deaths from the new strain in past couple of months mainly to people involved with or in contact with live chickens. Deaths on road in traffic collisions 170 A DAY.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 07:07:36 am »
Leonard , I hope you went to the Museum and next door to the Martyrs park , they also are terrific , in China does not matter where you go not only are the food and people different , but also the attractions including ladies  ;) , like ChongQing at 3 times the size of Changsha or Shanghai at 4 times the size , safe tripping before you return to Melb , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline brett

• Man Goes to China
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 09:34:02 am »
Wow, sounds like you had a good trip to Changsha.

I went to Shenzhen at the weekend and it was a nice rest. I think I need to make more trips out of Guangzhou. This place is just too crazy for words. Today's saga was taking a bus in a thunderstorm and the driver not thinking to close the skylights. Rain inside a bus hurtling down the flyover from Tianhe interchange, yeah that's fun. Every single day here is crazy.

I might go to Changsha next. It must be deserted as most Hunan girls are living in Guangdong Province. Dated 3 more girls in the last 5 days. Finding Miss Right is taking an awful lot of effort, but I'm here for a while so there's no hurry like the last times I was here. Met a couple of Sichuan girls this time - makes a change from Hunan or Cantonese girls. The quality of lady I am meeting here is staggering.

About KFC, I went to a Guangzhou one in 2011 and was about to bite into my Zinger burger (or something) when the staff intercepted it and took it away to be destroyed. Never got to the bottom of that one. Now I tend to avoid the place, as I do back in the UK!

Still, China's roads are worse and I've now witnessed traffic accident #8 - got two in the same day in Shenzhen! Ah that old "two cars turning right into a one lane side street" is a classic. It's only a matter of time before my bus into town ploughs into something or someone. China has 5000 years of civilisation, but they never invented bicycle lights.