Author Topic: The latest and greatest!  (Read 7998 times)

Offline brett

• Man Goes to China
Re: The latest and greatest!
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2013, 11:02:04 pm »
Yes not many older ladies know pinyin. And it's quite a challenge when they send you a text message in romanised text with no tone marks!

Translators were all the rage when I visited Miss Woo back in 2009. But smartphones have taken over the world making them pretty much obsolete. I've not met a single lady now who has had a translator machine.

I've now dated two women here who haven't spoken much English. And yeah, it's a heck of a challenge. Although QQ translator does quite a good job. The main trouble is that it's just so hard to get the tenses of things right (amongst other things).

There are plenty of ladies who speak English here. But if anyone comes here and they need a human translator I know plenty.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2013, 02:59:46 am »
Most woman who did have hand held translators used them for learning English - no so much for translating with.

In the past couple of years technology has taken over more and more and there are so many other better ways of conversing and learning English now.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline fivetrout

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2013, 04:36:17 am »
Looking around I found an app for Iphone or Droid call Jibbigo. The beauty for me is being able to use it without a wifi connection or having roaming charges. $4.99.

jibbigo