Author Topic: Leap of faith to Shanghai!  (Read 27732 times)

Offline AbovetheLAW

• Do or Do not...there is no try.
Re: Leap of faith to Shanghai!
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2013, 04:02:46 pm »
Day 3 & 4

The next day i woke up a little early, i think it was jet lag i just could not sleep past 5 am. Keshu would always say i wakeup too early but she always forgot i did not live in china. This day we were going to check out the Jade Buddhist temple near our hotel. So while i waited for keshu to wake up i looked and posted on this website then just researched restaurants for us to eat at later.

Finally around 7:30 she woke up and said 'Good morning, can i have a hug?' lol she told me later when i gave her hugs in the morning she felt great. We then talked about what we was going to do for dinner that day after the temple and I told her i wanted to try hotpot. So she said she saw one that is famous near our hotel and we could go later. After talking about food so long i told her we should get some breakfast and she agreed. We then got ready (shower, brushing teeth, all that good stuff) and we hit the street, we finally went to a place that had korean inspired food. I got rice with chicken and she got rice with egg, i was trying to take a video of it then she told me i have to stir it very very quickly lol. It was not very tasty for me and she agreed, we decided we would not come back here ever again. After this we went back to the hotel and picked out another movie from my computer. I told her the movie 'In Time' was good and we started to watch that. I was suddenly very very sleep and told her i was going to lay down and take a short nap she said "thats fine' and to the bed i went. After about 10 minutes she then came from the living room where we was watching the movie to the bed room and set the laptop on the bed to watch the movie (i think she missed me :D). I remember waking up for a second then going back to sleep. It was very relaxing having her lay with me while i took a nap, a few times i woke up to her rubbing her leg on on my leg while she was watching the movie, which felt really good. I dont know what it is but the touch of a woman is the best. After a while i think she got sleepy because she eventually turned the movie off and cuddled up with me to sleep.

We woke up surprised that it was 4 pm and we slept for 3 hours. We laughed about it and then headed out to the Buddhist Temple. We got to the doors of the temple and saw they were closed and then figured out that they closed at 5pm. So then we went to the park near our hotel and sat in the shade for a while and talked....laughed....flirted...and enjoyed each other. Once 6 pm rolled around keshu told me she was hungry and we walked to the Hotspot place. Once there we had to go into this elevator that took us up to the actual restaurant was located. They served watermelon some super sour juice and popcorn as an appetizer. Once we were done waiting for a table we went to go eat and had a great time. She told me my chop stick skills were very good but i think she was just being nice lol. We got beef, chicken, shrimp, egg, tofu, and pork. It was good. After I told her we should get a foot massage and she was excited about it. At the massage place i tried some of my chinese on the people working there and said i love china in mandarin after my massage and got a big laugh. After that we went back to the hotel and called it a night. By this day she told me she was so comfortable with me and felt like we had know each other for so long. That night i was laying there thinking about how sad i will be when i leave...worse feeling.

Day 4 was nothing much. It was raining that day so we stayed in and watched movies and chinese tv. Day 5 we did more.  I will talk about 5 next.
...   ...    ...  Death! ... ... ... ... ...

Arnold

« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2013, 06:32:42 pm »
When I was in Shanghai and it rained, I found out, Chinese (at least my LaoPo) do not like rain or get wet! One trop on my Wife's head and she runs for cover... Funny ;D.
Here I love walks in the rain, snuggled up under "One" umbrella. So romantic, yeah... but not by yourself!

Ps: I love Hot Pot, we have it at home many times.

Offline AbovetheLAW

« Reply #107 on: September 29, 2013, 07:55:33 pm »
Arnold, we went out to a super market hours before it rained and when we was about to head back it started to rain....i told her lets just hurry back to the hotel but she was not having it. So there we were at the front of the market looking at the downpour for....about 2 hours....until i finally convinced her it would not get any better..lol its just rain! sigh...

Offline AbovetheLAW

« Reply #108 on: December 08, 2013, 08:30:14 pm »
Ok, im sorry i never finished my story by life has been super busy. I am getting ready for my second visit now. I leave for Shanghai again this week and I will spend 2 weeks with my love this time. It has been very rough being away from her and it seems like we fight over silly stuff. Anyone else have problems with fighting while separated from their girl?

I leave this week for China and i think i am a little bit more prepared this time. Any advice on Shanghai in december?

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #109 on: December 08, 2013, 11:59:51 pm »
Anyone else have problems with fighting while separated from their girl?

Face to face is much better so do not be concerned.

Just think of all the fighting you can do, person to person,  in the forthcoming two weeks. ;D ;D ;D

Oh and just remember it is bloody cold there in December.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Arnold

« Reply #110 on: December 09, 2013, 11:35:15 am »
......Oh and just remember it is bloody cold there in December.

How can it be cold Willy, with your Girl in your Arms? I'd worry about "Her" though! :)

Offline AbovetheLAW

« Reply #111 on: December 09, 2013, 08:00:52 pm »

• Board Moderator
« Reply #112 on: December 09, 2013, 08:50:06 pm »

Oh and just remember it is bloody cold there in December.

As an aside, I see from US News that most of the USA is going through a very cold snap.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline fivetrout

« Reply #113 on: December 09, 2013, 10:43:11 pm »
Minus 3 degrees yesterday in Reno! Three days ago my pipes froze. Now we constantly run a little water.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #114 on: December 09, 2013, 11:31:08 pm »
Now we constantly run a little water.
I have been running a little water for a couple of years now. But that's due to my age I guess!!!

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner