Author Topic: American Immigration Decison  (Read 4295 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
American Immigration Decison
« on: June 27, 2013, 09:44:00 pm »
I hear that The US Senate has passed a recommendation to allow 11 million 'undocumented residents' otherwise illegal immigrants to become full citizens.  I think that this relates to the children of illegals born in the USA but once completed I can see no reason why these millions will not apply for their parents to 'join' them thus swelling the official population by many more millions.

Will this make taking your foreign brides back to the USA easier or more difficult in the future as they should have more time to spend dealing with applications from those seeking to take partners to the USA.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
Re: American Immigration Decison
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 10:23:47 pm »
Like Mike said, the children born here are citizens automatically! That is why many women try to give birth here so their child will have US citizenship. This is a very big and lucrative business in many large cities in the US. The foreign ladies travel here when they are about 7 months pregnant and stay until they give birth. Now the parents have a designated petitioner 21 years down the line, unless they decide to stay like the south of the border crowd does. Pretty much is a circle jerk for votes in my opinion. I think once they are here legally, they will begin voting for a living like many others do! Until the idiots actually begin enforcing immigration laws that exist already and secure the borders they are just pissing in the wind. Our elected leaders will do what they always do and vote for whatever they think will keep their corrupt a$$es in office.

Offline shaun

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 06:54:05 am »
Can't see any good happening from this.  It just slows down the process for those wanting to come here legally.  Since it is a congressional mandate now all of the 11 million will move to the front of the line to be processed.

Offline JC

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 09:38:49 am »
This is the Liberal Senate, sometimes I think they pass really outlandish stuff just to look good in the liberal media knowing the Republican House will stop it, then the media can blame them.  I see that is some manner congress has sunk so low as to be puppets and show-men/women rather than respected leaders with wisdom and integrity.

My take is when you take the reverent fear of God out then it is a free-for-all.

Just my take,

I do believe the whole system needs an over haul, and the same for the IRS, I like the fair tax platform.

James
At Home, At Play, it is not allays my way.   It works better that way.

Offline shaun

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 11:09:26 am »
JC,

The fair tax will never pass because it is fair.  It takes all the incentive from the politicians and the wealthy.  They want the burden of the taxes to be on the middle class.

Offline fivetrout

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 12:21:49 pm »
I'm waiting for the U.S. government to supply arms to the rebels of this country.

Offline JC

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 01:30:18 pm »
The fair tax would cause a lot of changes, especially with the lobbying and other perverted stuff.
I think many people do not realize the supreme court ruling was a tax issue and not a gay and lesbian matter.

If the immigration reform changed and implemented the e-visa, and the system actually worked to eliminate or curtail the over-stay issue, then the visa applications should be easier with less scrutiny with regards to the current mind set that without other clear evidence every visa issued is assumed an over stay. 

If the political aspect was removed this would have been done 10 years ago.

Anyway, again just my take.

James

Offline JC

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 03:52:41 pm »
Hey FiveTrout,
Did the 1.4 billion aid to the Muslim Brotherhood last week qualify??

James

Offline fivetrout

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 06:42:32 pm »
It's time for Obama to relinquish the Noble Peace Prize!

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 10:04:58 pm »
These have been very interesting replies and I thank Shaun as his was the only one that really touched my original question.

As for Chinabounds copy and past report from a certain John Dillon - well that just left me confused as my question had nothing to do with sealing the borders etc. Which was a similar vein others took up.

Just one comment from me a person may in reality be born in the USA but that does not necessarily make him/her an American likewise a person born in UK will not always be 'English'.

I can only think of Phillip who has had a child out here in China. Would that make his child Chinese and also English or would his nationality depend on other circumstances?

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline JohnB

• the less traveled road has made all the difference
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 10:49:57 pm »
JC  “...rather than respected leaders with wisdom and integrity.
“My take is when you take the reverent fear of God out then it is a free-for-all.” You funny man!

I do not blame God for our political patheticism. 
The current U.S. Congress, of which you so elegantly present tinsel rap & all, sits at it's historical the present...10%. A shitty 10%! Whoopy do!
http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/13/congressional-approval-falls-to-lowest-point-in-history/
Kinda funny. Bill Clinton's latest approval ratings, “..the most recent Gallup poll showed Clinton with nearly 70% approval rating..”    http://www.politico.com/story/2013/06/bill-clinton-paradox-92948.html
The same Bill Clinton who “..left office with the highest end-of-office approval rating of any U.S. president since World War II”. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton 

I think China women would not be comfortable for long in a Republican bedroom.

Back to business.
I would imagine bringing your China spouse/ finance to America..nothing changes. The sheer volume of proposed law would preclude that. I think RobertS probably has a better idea on where this may go.
Also, he has better information on legal immigration.
Anyway, http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1306.html                                                      
Immediate Relative Immigrant Visas (Unlimited): These visa types are based on a close family relationship with a United States (U.S.) citizen described as an Immediate Relative (IR). The number of immigrants in these categories is not limited each fiscal year. Immediate relative visa types include:
IR-1: Spouse of a U.S. Citizen - Learn More
IR-2: Unmarried Child Under 21 Years of Age of a U.S. Citizen
IR-3: Orphan adopted abroad by a U.S. Citizen - Learn More
IR-4: Orphan to be adopted in the U.S. by a U.S. citizen - Learn More
IR-5: Parent of a U.S. Citizen who is at least 21 years old
Family Preference Immigrant Visas (Limited): These visa types are for specific, more distant, family relationships with a U.S. citizen and some specified relationships with a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR). There are fiscal year numerical limitations on family preference immigrants, shown at the end of each category.  The family preference categories are:
Family First Preference (F1): Unmarried sons and daughters of U.S. citizens, and their minor children, if any. (23,400)
Family Second Preference (F2): Spouses, minor children, and unmarried sons and daughters (age 21 and over) of LPRs. At least seventy-seven percent of all visas available for this category will go to the spouses and children; the remainder is allocated to unmarried sons and daughters. (114,200)
Family Third Preference (F3): Married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens, and their spouses and minor children. (23,400)
Family Fourth Preference (F4): Brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens, and their spouses and minor children, provided the U.S. citizens are at least 21 years of age. (65,000)
Note: Grandparents, aunts, uncles, in-laws, and cousins cannot sponsor a relative for immigration.

Offline fivetrout

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2013, 02:27:12 am »
"The same Bill Clinton who “..left office with the highest end-of-office approval rating of any U.S. president since World War II”. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton"

Yes! The same one who on his watch caused the housing bubble to develop. Actually, I think his popularity stems from cigar aficionado  lovers!))))

Offline JC

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2013, 09:45:14 am »
Yes Willy,

Regarding the basis of your question, the Dreamers got rubber stamped, under this Admin I would think the same would be done for the same group regarding the parents, as they want that segments votes more than a secure system.  I do not see this clogging up the works, plus it seems they are making this a 3 to 10 year waiting period, no one has addressed the issue of counting the previous years here as that, so there is a potential loop-hole for lawyers to make a buck from.

Because fixing the system does not seem to trump the political positioning whatever changes that are made will probably be resisted and sabotaged by political adversaries.   China is sporting a strong economy so since they backed off buying all our debt maybe congress will look at changes to China's status, but that is wishful at best.  That would probably mean changing China status to a VWP country, I think that is possible since Taiwan is. but not likely.  I think it is all broken I am new here, but would like to ask if anyone has had success with using law-firms to expedite visa's??  That

JohnB,
The Chinese ladies I know are very financially astute, giving money away and worrying about that later seems to be the Democratic ticket to win elections, why do you say a Chinese woman would not be happy in a Republican bedroom.  Also my comment was not that God was at fault, rather those who did not have any fear of God were, I guess I meant to say when there is only "Self" in control you get "Selfish".  But that was not really what the post was for so sorry!!

I have been trying to help several families here, one mother and daughter from South Korea, they got left behind from a failed marriage years ago, I was told by an immigration attorney that in some cases the legal system can intervene.  But that is not really a solution.  The latest "Dream Act" thing was helpful but only kicked the can.  Now there is just legalized confusion.

James
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 09:52:03 am by JC »

Offline JohnB

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2013, 12:29:52 pm »
JC
"..law-firms to expedite visa's??"

My wife's immigration was one day shy of seven months. Could have been faster except for a few China holidays delaying the process.
I utilized a para- legal in Shenyang. My wife's documentation was a disaster. All the docs were corrected, translated into English, & notarized. My out of pocket para- legal costs were around $800 if I remember. Accuracy is paramount! I completed the American side of the ledger & submitted all the documentation to USCIS/ NVC with the help of this website's illustrious 'one-and-only immigration expert', Robert Snellgrove, an invaluable service if there was ever one.

"..The Chinese ladies I know are very financially astute, giving money away.."
Buddha must like you! I have to give my money to my wife.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 12:32:57 pm by JohnB »

Offline JohnB

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2013, 05:01:28 pm »
5Trout
re ;Clinton. "Yes! The same one who on his watch caused the housing bubble to develop."

There were housing bubbles forever. My recollection, the late 70's, late 80's, late 90's, mid- 2000.
The 'cheap money' liquefaction by Alan Greenspan after 9/11 was the latest catalyst.
Greenspan was a total piece of shit. Clinton should have dumped his sorry ass after the
Wall Street's 'hedge fund' embryo reared in the early 90's. 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 05:09:13 pm by JohnB »