Author Topic: American Immigration Decison  (Read 4298 times)

Offline shaun

Re: American Immigration Decison
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2013, 09:12:30 pm »
Of course Barney Frank and his  buddy are not mentioned with their fanny mae and freddie mac debacle that destroyed the economy.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 11:27:43 pm by maxx »

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2013, 10:17:25 pm »
I still say letting Leaman brothers go to the wall was the biggest mistake the US Government ever made. It was the straw that broke the camels back. It destroyed the faith that people had in banks.

I can see that millions upon millions new hispanic votes could spell the end of the US two party system. But that is a danger in its self. You end up with coalition government that has shafted the UK in the past three years.  But there again it is short lived and one party in that co-alition is heading for complete melt down in the next round of elections.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Vince G

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2013, 09:00:55 am »
It's not only the "South of the Borders" to worry about. This is Long Island, New York. My old Hood.

Feds Seize Long Island 7-Elevens For Hiring Illegal Immigrants

Earlier morning, federal agents seized 14 7-Eleven stores on Long Island and arrested their owners and managers for allegedly hiring and harboring illegal immigrants. It was reportedly a "nationwide sweep involving hundreds of agents."

The indictment will be unsealed later today, but the NY Times reports that nine people are being charged and that the charges will include "wire fraud and aggravated identity theft stemming from payment of employees who were unauthorized immigrants using the Social Security numbers of children and the dead." Also, the Social Security number of a former employee was apparently used—and the former employee was being hounded by the IRS during the period the illegal immigrant was using the SS number!

According to NBC New York, "some owners of the raided franchises allegedly helped traffic in workers from Pakistan to work in their stores. Those workers were then allegedly forced to live in housing provided by the franchise owners, authorities said." And Newsday reports, "A typical undocumented worker was forced to work up to 100 hours a week, but only paid for about half of that, with the owners and managers pocketing the rest, the sources said." Most of the undocumented workers were from Southeast Asia.

A source told Newsday that "[while] undocumented workers may be picked up for questioning, no criminal arrests are planned against them, except possibly for being in the country illegally." In fact, prosecutors are mostly looking for payment from the stores and from 7-Eleven corporate (the franchisees and corporate, which handles payroll, split profits) to the tune of $30 million.

Further, dozens of other 7-Elevens are being investigated—including many in NYC.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2013, 09:58:06 am »
That is interesting Vince , perhaps our Federal [ asleep ] police could also look here as we may have a similar problem in 7/11 stores . Most employees are also from that area , not an Aussie in sight .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Vince G

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2013, 10:18:55 am »
Well Chinabound, I've contributed much here over the years. Just seemed some did not get the sense of humor. When I did attempt to help someone's question or problem I was ridiculed instead. So I keep the knowledge gained to myself now. At least the banner I made for here is still in use.

I see the immigration a little different then most. There are many right here where i live. I posted about a van load of illegals that pulled up in front of the Motor vehicle dept. here and for 3-8 thousand each got a Florida drivers license without having to get out of the van. This is the same I go to to renew my lic. Having to bring every kind of ID to show I was born here (in US).

I think this immigration reform is to get these people here already legalized so they don't have to be subject to being taken advantage of more like slave labor. Everything else was tried? Why not try this? It's sort of a reverse, If you can't bet them join them.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 10:33:40 am by Vince G »

• Board Moderator
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2013, 09:08:59 pm »

Nice to see someone else post here on the forum. I have been trying to keep it active
  but it only seemed Willy answered what I posted on for the majority of the time.

Maybe that is because I can laze away the days in the sunshine and I have nothing better to do with my time. Ha Ha.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline fivetrout

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2013, 02:07:13 am »
I wonder what part the NSA may have played a role with the 7-11's? I actively make anti government posts on yahoo and figure I'm on a list somewhere.

Offline shaun

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2013, 07:34:44 am »
 :o :o :o Somebody is watching you!!!!!  8) 8) 8) :P

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2013, 04:21:23 pm »
    Nice to see someone else post here on the forum. I have been trying to keep it active
  but it only seemed Willy answered what I posted on for the majority of the time.

MMMM.........I usually post when I have something interesting and relevant to contribute, or when I get stamed up enough to growl a bit......

I bit hard on my tongue to NOT make a response to your post offering to check Willy's English...and Willy is an English Man !!!!! As another English Man (by birth) this was enough of a mortal sin (coming from an American who generally have murdered the English language) for me to either explode or keep quiet. This time I chose the latter.

To make a decent contribution to the Immigration debate is futile. It seems that all developed countries have the issue of illegal migration to deal with, and nobody seems to have got close to solving it...least of all Australia (we have a chronic problem just now with the so-called asylum seekers who come here in their thousands by illegal boats from Indonesia).

The thin line between Illegal Migrants, Economic refugees and genuine Asylum seekers is hazy and blurred. Politicians are incapable of taking a hard line because the situation is so entrenched it is difficult to know how and where to stop, especially when votes are at stake, and none of them have the guts to risk their place at the feeding trough.

What the average person wants is of no concern to the pollies...only that they dont prejudice their own position and that they kow-tow to the left wing Political correctness that pervades our societies...

Come the revolution ............... ;D ;D ;D

Offline fivetrout

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2013, 04:31:44 pm »
The laws already written in our Constitution have been blurred beyond help. A revolt may come to pass. I wonder if Obama will arm the revolutionist? LOL Keep your eyes skyward for drones!

Offline shaun

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2013, 05:49:41 pm »
David, thou dost speaketh from a bleeding tongue.  ;D

Glad to see that you still love our American lingo...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 05:51:25 pm by shaun »

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2013, 06:34:16 pm »
Yes Shaun...

I am glad you recognise and understand the subtle difference between American and English.... ;D ;D ;D

I acknowlege and concede completely that the American VERSION of English is practiced and taught throughout the World...but what it aint is English..it is a version.

People like Willy and me, who grew up with and were taught the "proper" English sometimes wince when we hear how bastardised our beautiful language has become...but there again, we are both a couple of old fart Poms...get a bit cranky in our dotage !!!

I struggle mightily to teach my Ming "proper" English, especially when all the Audio/Visual/Written English Teaching aids are all in Ameringlish...and I wont have her speaking this in our house ... >:( >:( >:(

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2013, 07:01:07 pm »
We just speak Chinglish around here! ;D

• Board Moderator
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2013, 10:06:00 pm »
Me I am just an English speaking IMMIGRANT to China. You can apply for permanent residents  but Foreigners do not get the right to live here permanently, just 5 years at a time once you pass all the qualifications. ;)

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Vince G

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2013, 11:01:34 pm »
You Englishmen have no idea how bad the American english language has been "bastardised" until you have heard the locals.   :-X