Author Topic: American Immigration Decison  (Read 4297 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Re: American Immigration Decison
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2013, 03:56:36 am »
Ha ha You show me yours and I will show you mine. Ha Ha  I am running out of pages of all the visa's and stamps I have had in the past 4 years.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline kenny

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2013, 01:21:13 pm »
Dont want to highjack this thread but I have a immigration question/problem.

We have been waiting for Linda and Ziwei's permanent "green card" for over 6 months now. Well finally Saturday in the mail I got the letters took them in the house and showed them to Linda and wow she was all smiles and wanted to call her father. I set down and checked them over and sure enough they got Lindas birthday wrong. I called Monday and talked to some guy and told him the problem, well now I have to prove that it was their mistake and not mine or I have to pay the money again and start all over. I told him that the date is right on the conditional card but wrong on the permanent card that it was their mistake. (bighting my lip)

He said I have to file a form I-90 and send it to them with her card. I sure hate to give up that card now! All I got out of him is "im sorry sir" fucking idiots

So I am trying to go back through all the old paperwork so I answer the questions the same as before so there is no difference or misspelling. The question that has me worried is Port of Entry, City and State? She came through Chicago Ill. which should be the answer but you have to pick from the list attached to that question. The only answer that is close is Chicago Asylum Office, but I never heard of this office before. I think the rest of the form is ok but not sure about this question.

Anybody had this problem or know if that is right plese let me know. I dont want to fuck this up now.

Thanks
Kenny

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2013, 02:35:13 pm »
Just type Chicago into box 5.a1 on the I-90 form, that will bring up Ohare International Airport which should be the POE if she arrived via airplane to Chicago.

Offline kenny

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2013, 04:03:04 pm »
Thanks Robert, i tryed to type into the box but it would not let me but i will try again.

I thought about it some more and if I just had the printed form and filled it out by hand I wouldnt even know about the selection given.

Robert,

We were doing this on my dad's computer this morning and right after we finished his computer crashed. After reading your reply we tryed another computer and started over and it worked fine then. I dont understad that but it is printed and I will proof read a few times and mail tomorrow.
thanks for your response.
Kenny
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 04:40:51 pm by kenny »

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2013, 04:38:04 pm »
Here, use this form. You must type Chicago completely into the box. It goes through several locations during the typing but stops on O'Hare International after the word Chicago is completed. The form you are using might be an older version so you might want to check the expiration date in the upper right hand corner of the form.
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-90.pdf

P.S. Make a color copy of both sides of the green card you are sending back just in case they lose it.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 04:39:59 pm by robertt S »

Offline kenny

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2013, 04:42:45 pm »
Make color copy, good idea I will do that as well.

thanks again