Author Topic: Jiuzhaigou (Nine Villages Valley)  (Read 1971 times)

Offline IrishGuy65

Jiuzhaigou (Nine Villages Valley)
« on: July 01, 2013, 12:20:22 pm »
Anyone ever been there or heard anything about it?

While I'm in China, we may take a trip there, and I was hoping maybe someone can relate their experience or knowledge about the place... where to stay, how to get there, what to see, etc.
I-129F Delivered: 9/26/13
NOA-1 Received: 10/1/13
Request for evidence: 11/13/13
RFE evidence received by USCIS: 11/29/13
Approval of petition (online): 12/17/13
NOA-2 Received: 12/24/13
Lisa received letter from Guangzhou: 1/14/13
Interview on 2/25/14.  Visas approved.
Visas picked up on 3/5/14.

Offline IrishGuy65

Re: Jiuzhaigou (Nine Villages Valley)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 08:56:27 pm »
Thanks for the info, CB.

I am hoping to stay at the Qian He Hotel, as I understand that is very close to the park.

And, although I'm not a fan of hiking as I used to be, I still love scenic vistas and will deal with the hiking to see it all, LOL.  Hongping loves walking and nature, so she'll adore it (and hopefully me even more for taking her there :) )

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 04:05:39 am »
Thanks for the info, CB.
 Hongping loves walking and nature, so she'll adore it (and hopefully me even more for taking her there :) )

Look all Chinese love walking.  Better get used to that even in cities.  A brisk one hours walk is, according to them, better that taking a taxi on both health and pocket. ;)

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline IrishGuy65

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 10:31:35 am »
Thanks for the info, CB.
 Hongping loves walking and nature, so she'll adore it (and hopefully me even more for taking her there :) )

Look all Chinese love walking.  Better get used to that even in cities.  A brisk one hours walk is, according to them, better that taking a taxi on both health and pocket. ;)

Willy

LOL.  Willy, I agree with them.  That doesn't mean I have to like it!!   ;D

• Board Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 09:11:05 pm »
Thanks for the info, CB.

Willy

LOL.  Willy, I agree with them.  That doesn't mean I have to like it!!   ;D

But what often used to come to my mind was the phrase 'Grin and bear it' now things have changed. Now we have a car we now driver everywhere possible so 'healthy' is  now surpassed by 'showing off'.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline IrishGuy65

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 09:54:57 pm »
Nice.

Our plans have changed.  Now, it seems that we are going to Lijiang, LOL.  Any thoughts on Lijiang?  Where to stay?

Offline maxx

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 11:38:29 pm »
Ok I've never heard of the place.But the woman you are going to see has.Tell your lady ok sounds like fun to me.Tell her to pick a hotel that she likes.And tell her it must be a hotel that excepts foreigners.

Little known fact about Chinese Girls/ ladies.99% of them are great organizers.And they love to plan Holidays.down to the minute. Your ladies goal is to show you a great time.And make sure that you have a good trip.If you want to see something or do something.Just tell the lady.And it will probably get done.

If I was going.The first thing I would do.Is look the city up on the Enternet.And see what there is to see and do.Then tell your lady what you would like to do.While you are looking.Look at hotels.If you find a hotel that trips your trigger tell the lady.DO not book the hotel.Until you talk to your lady.

Other little known fact about Chinese girls/ladies.Is they are great networkers.Your lady can probably get the room allot Cheaper then you can.And still retain all the perks that go with the room.I usually save about 20.00 a night.In Zhuhai.And probably close to 30.00 a night in JiuJiang.Because of my wife.And her friends.And my wife's family.Because they know people who know people.I once spent five days in Beijing.Seen all the sites and went where I wanted to go.It cost me probably 30.00 bucks.Because my brother in law knows people who knows people

If the lady can't find a hotel.I would be shocked.But don't make a big deal out of it.If it don't happen.Just pick something that you would be comfortable in.And book the room.

Before you go to china.You need to understand face.And what it means to your lady friend.Look it up on line..And if you have any questions.We can try to explain it  better

• Board Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 02:03:43 am »
Nice.

Our plans have changed.  Now, it seems that we are going to Lijiang, LOL.  Any thoughts on Lijiang?  Where to stay?
There are still a few days before you travel here!   That could mean that the location could changed at least twice more by the time you arrive.  In China expect the unexpected! ::)

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 07:59:12 am »
Nice.

Old town.  It is gorgeous.  This is the hotel we stayed in.  My wife's nephew manages a small hotel (6 or 8 rooms) very similar to this.  I can give you his contact information if you'd like to contact him (or your girlfriend can contact him) via qq. 
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 08:03:06 am by Neil »
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline IrishGuy65

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 02:38:49 pm »
Nice.

Old town.  It is gorgeous.  This is the hotel we stayed in.  My wife's nephew manages a small hotel (6 or 8 rooms) very similar to this.  I can give you his contact information if you'd like to contact him (or your girlfriend can contact him) via qq.

I'd love to get that contact information.  Thanks, Neil!