Author Topic: My search  (Read 61935 times)

Offline IrishGuy65

Re: My search
« Reply #270 on: March 28, 2014, 06:58:25 am »
She needs a special travel visa to go there.  It should be pretty easy to get.  You shouldn't need anything special, as long as you have your Chinese multi entry visa, you should be fine.
I-129F Delivered: 9/26/13
NOA-1 Received: 10/1/13
Request for evidence: 11/13/13
RFE evidence received by USCIS: 11/29/13
Approval of petition (online): 12/17/13
NOA-2 Received: 12/24/13
Lisa received letter from Guangzhou: 1/14/13
Interview on 2/25/14.  Visas approved.
Visas picked up on 3/5/14.

Offline boston

« Reply #271 on: March 28, 2014, 04:21:28 pm »
HERE IS A QUICK COUPLE OF TIPS TO HELP YOU ELIMINATE THE FAKE ONES

IF HERE QUESTIONS ARE ALWAYS BASED ON THE FOLLOWING RUN AWAY AS FASTA AS YOU CAN AND I WILL DETAIL WHY I AM 100% CORRECT;
in china when a china girls dates chinese men her first questions are   #1 do you own an apartment?   #2 how much money do you make #3 where do you work and how long there.

theses questions are the key   as in china the majority of chinese women marry first for benefit not love   this is true no matter how much they deny it. i know i was lucky to find a chinese lady who have been my wife for 5 years now and our marriage is based on love not benefit.

you need to find a girl who wants to get to know you for who you are.
but a large majority of them dont ever marry for love if you ask then see how many will admit to it.

you have to be careful and go out with them a long time to find their true motives. they all think american men are rich and have luxury   they dont really know the meaning of working together and making a life together,  they are selfish and dont know what love is. be slow they are there but you will weed thru a lot of fakes to find real ones. and i give you a chance
find a real country side girl. they are more real and not hung up with benefits. some out there are you willing to ignore the city liars?

Offline JustJim

« Reply #272 on: March 28, 2014, 08:10:01 pm »
Thanks Patrick,

We should have no problem then.   :)  Mei has been to Macau recently so she must have the required documents.

Jim

Offline IrishGuy65

« Reply #273 on: March 28, 2014, 08:11:57 pm »
Thanks Patrick,

We should have no problem then.   :)  Mei has been to Macau recently so she must have the required documents.

Jim

She'll know what to do.  I think they have to get a new one for each trip they make.  Not sure how it works.  I just know Lisa got one when we went into Hong Kong... and we were planning on going to Macau, but we never made it.  But one day we went to the administrative building so she could get her Macau visa.  She ended up not needing it, as I said, because we didn't go.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #274 on: March 28, 2014, 09:58:21 pm »
Macao is a very convenient place to get to.

You can walk from Zhuhai Port right into Macao.

The High Speed train connection will take you from Guangzhou to there. A taxi to the underground shopping centre at the Macao Port entrance and you join the queue into Macau.

The queues sometimes can long but fortunately for me I have reached the age when I use the doddery old gits lane.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline JustJim

« Reply #275 on: April 21, 2014, 10:48:54 pm »
I am headed back to China to see my wife on Friday.  It has been tooooo long since I was there last.  We are both filled with anticipation.

I don't know if it shows in my wooden phrasing but I am - as usual it seems - exhausted from working too much.  It's just the way it is right now, and hopefully it will pay off when Mei comes here and I won't have to work so much.

Anyways we are both learning how to keep in touch across the many miles.  She knows how to text me, and now I know how to send her money... ;D   Western Union... it's so dang easy...   too dang easy.... ;D

I am looking forward to being with her, of course.  But also I know what to expect, I know what the food will be like, and I know how to fill my time when she has to go to work.  I think this trip will be more about being with her, and also about exploring the scene in her city.

And I think I might have to eat snake this time... :-\   The subject has come up when she sent me pictures from their dinner on two separate occasions.  Now if she doesn't mention it I am sure that I won't either...

And she wants to take wedding pictures... :D  She found a place where we can get dressed up - her in a gown, me in a tux, or whatever...(the guy in the picture that she showed me was in cowboy hat and boots)  and then they will take pictures of us.   I think it is a little silly, but it also sounds like fun, and she doesn't ask for much, so I am game.  I might even chance a smile this time...

Anyways, wish me luck and I might even post from China.  See you all later.

Offline kenny

« Reply #276 on: April 22, 2014, 09:06:35 am »
Have a great trip Jim. I look forward to my next trip but not sure when that will be.

My wife is terrifed of snakes and has never mentioned eating one. I am not sure it would be any worse than eating chicken feet though, I still cant bring myself to eating them, anyway good luck and have a good time.

Kenny

Offline IrishGuy65

« Reply #277 on: April 22, 2014, 09:27:10 am »
I am headed back to China to see my wife on Friday.  It has been tooooo long since I was there last.  We are both filled with anticipation.

I don't know if it shows in my wooden phrasing but I am - as usual it seems - exhausted from working too much.  It's just the way it is right now, and hopefully it will pay off when Mei comes here and I won't have to work so much.

Anyways we are both learning how to keep in touch across the many miles.  She knows how to text me, and now I know how to send her money... ;D   Western Union... it's so dang easy...   too dang easy.... ;D

I am looking forward to being with her, of course.  But also I know what to expect, I know what the food will be like, and I know how to fill my time when she has to go to work.  I think this trip will be more about being with her, and also about exploring the scene in her city.

And I think I might have to eat snake this time... :-\   The subject has come up when she sent me pictures from their dinner on two separate occasions.  Now if she doesn't mention it I am sure that I won't either...

And she wants to take wedding pictures... :D  She found a place where we can get dressed up - her in a gown, me in a tux, or whatever...(the guy in the picture that she showed me was in cowboy hat and boots)  and then they will take pictures of us.   I think it is a little silly, but it also sounds like fun, and she doesn't ask for much, so I am game.  I might even chance a smile this time...

Anyways, wish me luck and I might even post from China.  See you all later.

I've read so many articles about how Chinese people LOVE LOVE LOVE their wedding pictures.  Hope you have a good time with that, and also a good trip.  Unfortunately, you won't be able to meet with Lisa, as she'll be heading to Beijing on the 26th, then to America on the 27th.  She leaves 9:00AM on the 27th from Beijing, and arrives at 10:20AM in New York City.  A 1 1/2 hour flight!!!  Haha.

Oh, yes... I feel your excitement!  I have the same feeling.  Can't wait until she is here.  Been working like a dog here also.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #278 on: April 22, 2014, 06:06:23 pm »
Dont worry about eating snake Jim....its a bit like chicken. If you get past the mental hurdle, you might just like it !!!

Now...when it comes to deep fried cockroach or scorpion........ :-\ :-\ :-\

• Board Moderator
« Reply #279 on: April 22, 2014, 07:49:21 pm »
I have eaten everything once!  But must admit some things never twice.  ???

My two weeks in the UK soon came to an end and we are now back home in China.

On previous visits my wife was not able to survive when not partaking of rice at least twice a day. So she stayed at home this visit.

However our daughter, who accompanied me on this trip relished the Western Menu.  Especially when she was introduced to Tabasco sauce, the red label made in the USA.  The green bottle received little attention from her as it was too mild!

That was liberally spread on everything from steaks to fish and chips and she even managed it with pizza and lasagne.

She also became well acquainted with British chocolate and sweets (candy). Her case was literally packed with various chocolate and 40 tubes of Rollo was just part of the presents that she was taking back to everyone she knew.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline IrishGuy65

« Reply #280 on: April 22, 2014, 09:33:29 pm »
I have eaten everything once!  But must admit some things never twice.  ???

My two weeks in the UK soon came to an end and we are now back home in China.

On previous visits my wife was not able to survive when not partaking of rice at least twice a day. So she stayed at home this visit.

However our daughter, who accompanied me on this trip relished the Western Menu.  Especially when she was introduced to Tabasco sauce, the red label made in the USA.  The green bottle received little attention from her as it was too mild!

That was liberally spread on everything from steaks to fish and chips and she even managed it with pizza and lasagne.

She also became well acquainted with British chocolate and sweets (candy). Her case was literally packed with various chocolate and 40 tubes of Rollo was just part of the presents that she was taking back to everyone she knew.

Willy

That sounds like she had a great time, and also learned quite a bit!  Glad you had a good trip and are safely at home!

Offline maxx

« Reply #281 on: April 23, 2014, 12:28:23 am »
Willy the Red label Tabasco is close to a religion in New Mexico. Every restraunt here has a bottle setting on the table. Even the Chinese restraunts have bottles of it .It comes in three different sizes. I like to eat it on eggs and hashbrowns.my wife likes it a little. Given a choice she will eat the Chinese peppers before she will eat tabasco.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #282 on: April 23, 2014, 09:19:15 am »
Willy the Red label Tabasco is close to a religion in New Mexico. Every restraunt here has a bottle setting on the table. Even the Chinese restraunts have bottles of it .It comes in three different sizes. I like to eat it on eggs and hashbrowns.my wife likes it a little. Given a choice she will eat the Chinese peppers before she will eat tabasco.

Peppers - they family chew on them like candy.  Hunan people like it hot!  Until last week I had never seen a prawn salad consumed with Tabasco though!

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline maxx

« Reply #283 on: April 23, 2014, 10:24:38 am »
I've never seen it used on a prawn salad either. I have seen it used on a bloody Mary. A bloody Mary is a drink used to cure a hangover. One of the main ingredients is Tabasco sauce.

Arnold

« Reply #284 on: April 24, 2014, 11:13:54 am »
... and here I "Hate" Tabasco Sauce! I do love "Snake" (Rattle Snake that is). I was asked by Qings brother if I would like some and I agreed to try it for the first time on my last trip. I thought it tasted like fillet of Fish without the fish smell. It wasn't cheap, right up there with "Birdnest Soup". Now that is something I need to be somewhat blastered before trying that  :-\.

Jim, you have a great time and a wonderful trip.