Author Topic: My search  (Read 61428 times)

Offline maxx

Re: My search
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2013, 11:08:56 pm »
Yea Willy I will remember that ;D Mike don't talk smack.If you can't take it in return.I was just messing with you like you and Martin were messing with me.

Offline IrishGuy65

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2013, 12:04:49 am »

I am already in contact with a couple of women.  I will post about them tomorrow.  I just wanted to introduce myself and give you all a chance to know that I exist.  And I send my best to IrishGuy65 - I have been reading along and I know he is in China now - and meeting his gal.  I hope it all goes well..

Thanks for the well wishes Jim. It has been going great so far.

As for the rest... I started with china love also and thought things were going well with a few women. I even talked on the phone with one.  But I could never get them to give me contacts outside of china love. So I gave up after spending about $1000 on the site. I would suggest other sites where you contact the girl directly. Also, there are some good ladies on this site in the dating forum. Just my opinion based on my experiences... Your mileage may vary :)
I-129F Delivered: 9/26/13
NOA-1 Received: 10/1/13
Request for evidence: 11/13/13
RFE evidence received by USCIS: 11/29/13
Approval of petition (online): 12/17/13
NOA-2 Received: 12/24/13
Lisa received letter from Guangzhou: 1/14/13
Interview on 2/25/14.  Visas approved.
Visas picked up on 3/5/14.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2013, 12:40:15 am »
Yea Willy I will remember that ;D Mike don't talk smack.If you can't take it in return.I was just messing with you like you and Martin were messing with me.

Maxx You do not have to explain yourself. Thou art MAXX ;D ;D ;D

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline JustJim

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2013, 12:57:07 am »
Just a quick update -

I took your advice - I chatted with "X" and told her that if she wanted to contact me she could do it through QQ and that it was just good manners to send updated photos, etc. etc.  Basically I took away any financial reason why she might want to contact me.  She didn't change her story and if she is real and I am wrong, oh well, there are plenty of fish, as they say, and it is just better to chat with someone who has a little empathy and understands that I have as much at stake as they do.

As for "Y" - well, she is the real deal.  We have been video chatting on QQ.  There is a long road ahead - so time will tell.  But, again, night and day difference and all from the same site.  I don't get it but whatever...

I had a few credits left there and EMF'd someone who had natural photos and had commented on something I wrote in my profile.  She seemed to also be real.   I got back an EMF which thanked me for the photos I sent - the only problem is I didn't send any...   

So, other than continuing to chat with "Y"  I am done with China Love.  I am looking into these other sites you guys are mentioning.

Odd thing though, I tried signing into China Love Link but couldn't get past the sign in page.  It seemed like I was stuck in a loop.  I will give it another try soon.

I appreciate all of the good advice you guys have for me.

Offline mpo

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2013, 02:46:26 am »
Mike don't talk smack.If you can't take it in return.I was just messing with you like you and Martin were messing with me.

I am well aware that people like messing with me, which is why I limit what I post here,
and please stop telling me what I can and cannot talk about, you do not have that right.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 08:29:50 am by mpo4747 »

• Board Moderator
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2013, 03:55:19 am »
Stick with Y for now Jim lad.   

Save the remaining emfs for emergencies. Hopefully you will never need them and they will expires in the usual six months.

You have made the break through with Y and the QQ details were passed as translator at the agency knows Y to be serious.  See where that goes for free for a while.

I would never be talking to several as it is surprising how things like that get passed around.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Offline shaun

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2013, 06:56:03 pm »
I changed my previous post because it appears that it could have been racially motivated and I wouldn't want anyone thinking that about me.  ::) ;D

• Board Moderator
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2013, 08:37:22 pm »
I changed my previous post because it appears that it could have been racially motivated and I wouldn't want anyone thinking that about me.  ::) ;D
Nor me ::)  ;D
Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline JustJim

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2013, 03:55:30 pm »
Things continue to go well with "Y".  Someday I will give you her name - for now I am just being cautious - coy even.

Originally when I was still talking with "X" I felt like I needed a plan"B" girl.  I have read some of you here advising against that.  I originally thought that I would go against that advice and when things with "X" weren't progressing I contacted "Y" and a few others.  At the time I thought that I would pursue the plan "B" type of thinking but now I am finding that the more I get to know "Y" the less interested I am in having a plan "B".   I am starting to think that I will take my chances with her and walk the tightrope with no plan "B."  The truth is that even though I might still look at other profiles I am not inspired to contact any of them, and every day I find more reasons to just stick with "Y" only...

Anyways I have some questions and I could probably spend hours trying to find the answers but then what would be the purpose of this forum?  You guys have been there and done that and you will know right away what I need to know.

I said before that this is all new to me.  I do not even have a US passport...!

I picked up the passport form, I got a passport picture, I have all the documents.  But one of the questions is "what country are you traveling to, when is the trip, how long are you staying?"  I don't know what to answer.  I thought that a passport was all purpose, etc. so why do they want specifics?

I don't know when the trip will be, I don't know how long, I only know it will be to China. 

I also need to get a Chinese visa - but first I need the passport.  I thought I read somewhere that even after I receive the Chinese visa that I cannot use it for three months.  Is that true?  I hope I misread something.

Anyways if that is the case I might go ahead and get the passport expedited. I go for my interview on Thursday, so I have to make that decision by then.  I also need to know if I should go for the bigger 52 page passport.  My thinking is that I do not know what the future holds and even if it all goes my way that does not mean that I will not be making regular trips to China to visit in-laws, etc. 
I know I am going to pay for the book and the card.  The card would be handy for trips to Canada, etc.

I guess that is all the questions that I have - I will list them.

1)  Why do they want specifics about my trip and what should I tell them?

2)  Do I really have to wait 3 months to use my Chinese visa? - that would put my trip further off.

3)  Should I go for the 52 page passport?

Thanks for all of your help and advice.  I do not know where I would be without you guys.

Jim

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2013, 04:43:17 pm »
1)  Why do they want specifics about my trip and what should I tell them?
Don't know why. Just put down an estimate. They will give you a passport.
2)  Do I really have to wait 3 months to use my Chinese visa? - that would put my trip further off.
NO... I have never heard of that before. If true it is something new.

3)  Should I go for the 52 page passport?
It wouldn't hurt. I have run out of pages a couple  of times. You can always get more pages added to your passport at the embassy.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Arnold

« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2013, 04:55:44 pm »
Gerry has answered your three questions correctly. What I want to add, is.. Jim I think the 3 months wait is actually a three months Visa for China you must have read. As a first time China traveler, you will most likely only receive a six month's (multiple entry visa, ask for that). Afterwards you will be able to get a year long visa, if you don't get into any kind of trouble there that is.. haha!

• Board Moderator
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2013, 09:13:10 pm »
In the USA you have to have an interview to get a Passport? 

Maybe a good idea in the UK as well but not sure if the passport office in the UK could cope with the numbers. 

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline IrishGuy65

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2013, 09:16:26 pm »
I didn't need to do an interview.  I went in, filled out the form, paid my money, they took a picture, then sent me home.  Within a week my passport arrived in the mail.
I-129F Delivered: 9/26/13
NOA-1 Received: 10/1/13
Request for evidence: 11/13/13
RFE evidence received by USCIS: 11/29/13
Approval of petition (online): 12/17/13
NOA-2 Received: 12/24/13
Lisa received letter from Guangzhou: 1/14/13
Interview on 2/25/14.  Visas approved.
Visas picked up on 3/5/14.

Offline JustJim

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2013, 10:04:16 pm »
I am most likely wrong about the three month wait.  I haven't come across that again.  Not sure where I saw it.

My passport application is being done at the post office,  I don't think it is as much an interview as just a chance to check all of my paperwork.  I hope getting the passport only takes a week.  IG - did you pay to have it expedited?

And where did you go to get your Chinese visa?  My neighbor said that he had to go to the Chinese Consulate in NY.  That's not too far away but if there are other options I am all ears...

Vince G

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2013, 11:14:53 pm »
Yes Jim, if your submitting it at the post office (or anywhere else) it's not actually an interview but more of making positive ID match. Much like getting a drivers lic. minus the test. You can bring your own photo as long as it meets the requirements (size mostly). As for the Chinese visa, it goes by region. If your near NY most likely that is where you go.