All About China > Understanding Chinese Women

I need help!!!!

<< < (2/6) > >>

IrishGuy65:
Thanks all. I really need to practice the 24 hour rule some more.

Amway is a company that uses a pyramid like infrastructure in order to get salespeople and buyers. People are promised easy money, and,while it is possible, the vast majority fail because it isn't easy money at all, but hard work. To bring people in, they use bullying and gang tactics to force someone to join, usually with large initial investments (which are easily made back in income, people are told). I know of it because a friend, many years ago, got sucked in. I felt like he got brainwashed. When he tried to bring me in, I realized the scam and got away...

Anyway, thanks again for the replies.  I love this woman, and she still says she loves me... So I think we can work it out. I am impatient and that is a big problem. I need to learn the un-American skill of patience.

Pineau:
Patrick,
I have talked to Lisa only once since you two got serious. I can say that you are exactly right. She DOES love you and she is just worried about all the problems down the road.

Fiona had many of the same fears.  But now that she is here she is so thankful and at ease that she made the right decision.

Fiona and Lisa get along well on the phone. Fiona is standing by. Let us know what we can do for you. 

PM or QQ me.

David E:
Patric...

A quote that we are all familiar with..."You can take a horse to water...but you cant make it drink" !!!

I lost count of the number of times that Ming (my wife) got the "wobblies" when she contemplated the HUGE changes that would happen if and when she upped sticks and came to Aus.

Maxx and the guys will remember my feeling of being helpless in this scenario. Every time we had an attack of the jitters I would hop on a plane and go and try to sort it out. I got utterly sick of travelling to Chengdu, and even began to hate China because I was always going there in an emergency !!

However, my own feelings for Ming drove me to be more calm and patient with her than I would normally be over anything !...helped a lot by all the guys on our site.

In the end, as she now can verbalise, she knew that if she wanted to be with me badly enough, she was going to have to trust me and trust that I would support her and help her in every possible way to overcome all the nasties of leaving a native Country, family, friends, job...the whole 9 yards.

Ultimately, if your Lady is unable to make this leap of faith, she will back away from the relationship. All you can do is to continue to convince her that you are committed enough and strong enough to get her through the change process and give her a better life.....but sadly, that will be her decision to make, not yours.

I hope for both of you that she can see through the immediate worries and come to understand that her best bet in life is to be with you....good luck

David

fivetrout:
Note about Amway! there's no money to be made there but for a few. All it does is make you a "captive" consumer.

IrishGuy65:
I have already gone through this with her many times.  And it will probably be many more.  She and I did joke about it a bit.  I said, "How certain are you that you want to marry me and move to the USA?", She said, "91%!"... the next day, "92%... maybe."

We'll work it out, eventually.  I did tell her I would drop everything and move to china so she can take care of her family, but I can't speak the language and have no way to earn money in China, so she won't let me do that.  I have enough to last 6 months... a couple of years if I sell everything here.   I should be able to speak enough to get by in 6 or 7 months with a good teacher.  That should lead to being able to find work opportunities.  She is definite in saying no to this, however.  My key is going to be patience, patience, patience.

But, how can you be patient when you are home alone every day, after having the woman you love in your arms.  It becomes a need to have her presence with you... it IS a need, and it is very hard for me not to have a plan in place for moving her and Amy here.  Patience... is difficult when you don't want to lose one precious day.  If I could afford it, I'd move there to be with her until she was ready to move here... alas, I'm just a working stiff, and can't pay the bills if I'm not here making money.  If I had any business ingenuity, I would get something going that doesn't need my constant attention and can generate reasonable revenue.... but I'm analytical, not creative.

Ah well... I will become a preacher.  I will preach to myself every day.  My mantra:  Patience, Grasshopper.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version