Author Topic: Patrick and Lisa - Our story  (Read 20152 times)

Offline IrishGuy65

Re: Patrick and Lisa - Our story
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2013, 08:56:53 pm »
I signed up for notifications on our petition on the USCIS website.  On December 17, I got a notification saying the petition has been approved.  Just waiting for the NOA-2 to arrive for it to be even more official.

If the rest of this process is as fast and easy as the first part, I should have Lisa and Amy with me by March. 

I have to again tell everyone that robertt did most of the work on this, and so far it has gone much faster, and easier, than expected.  If you are looking to file a petition for a visa for a foreign spouse, fiancee, etc... Use his company at http://www.issoga.com/.  He does great work and I highly recommend him.

This all said, it isn't done yet.  But we are very happy and excited at this point in time.
I-129F Delivered: 9/26/13
NOA-1 Received: 10/1/13
Request for evidence: 11/13/13
RFE evidence received by USCIS: 11/29/13
Approval of petition (online): 12/17/13
NOA-2 Received: 12/24/13
Lisa received letter from Guangzhou: 1/14/13
Interview on 2/25/14.  Visas approved.
Visas picked up on 3/5/14.

Offline IrishGuy65

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2014, 07:09:28 am »
We are just waiting for Lisa to set up her interview.  She is in her hometown with her parents until the 13th.  She has many things to do while she is there... several weddings, many old friends and family to visit, and she has to fix her family redbook.  When she gets home, it will be almost a year to the day since we had our first conversation.   She will then set up and pay for the interview, and set up the medical exams.  I should have my part of the necessary paperwork done and FedEx to her at that time.  Then it is just the interview, visa, and plane tickets  ;D

I am looking forward to posting some new pictures for everyone here.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2014, 08:49:55 pm »
I for one am particularly pleased that things are going well. 

I cannot believe that it it a year since I was made privy to the fact that Lisa had met someone that she was very excited about!

As for the speed in your process it seems like using the services of Robertt may well have been very beneficial.

This is probably a lesson well worth bringing to the fore of others who embark on this journey and that is avoid going the do it yourself route.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2014, 09:25:56 pm »
Cant wait to see you guys.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline IrishGuy65

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2014, 10:39:43 pm »
Willy, thanks!  Yes, a year now.  How time flies!

Yes, I highly recommend Robertt's services at issoga.com to anyone who would ask.  He's very thorough and has done a great service to us.

Gerry, looking forward to seeing you and Fiona also.  Hopefully we can get things rolling quickly.  Right now I'm in the process of looking for a house.  Not a lot right now, too many short sales and foreclosures in our area.  I have put an offer in for a short sale which I think will be perfect, but it could be months before hearing anything, so I'm assuming it will be a no go and still looking.

Offline IrishGuy65

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2014, 10:15:28 pm »
Lisa and Amy just finished their interview, and they have been approved!!  All 3 of us are very excited.

Also, I just had an offer accepted for a new home, did all the paperwork and gave them the good faith check today.  Closing is initially scheduled for April 18.  I had my friend, who is a real estate flipper, go with me to the house and look over everything.  He is going to do some work on it to fix it up... there are some things that need work, and after seeing pictures, some things that Lisa wants also.  About 3 weeks of work involved.  So probably will be able to move in sometime in May.

Now it's just more waiting...  Waiting for the visa and packages to be delivered and picked up, then waiting for Lisa and Amy to fly to America, then waiting for the house to be completed for us to move in.

So excited!

Once again, so many thanks to offer Robertt for all the work he did for us!  I highly recommend him to any others going through this!

Offline IrishGuy65

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2014, 10:28:01 pm »
I also want to thank everyone here for their support, advice, and stories about their own situations.  This site has been a real blessing for me.  I first met Gerry here, who is the one to introduce Lisa to me.  I learned many things here.  You all helped me prepare for the many pitfalls in the process, to learn much of the Chinese culture, to prepare me for my trip to China, and then to help find Robertt, who worked for us to make the application and interview about as easy and stress free as they could be.

As I said, this site has been a real blessing to me.  I expect your help for Lisa, Amy, and me hasn't ended yet.  I hope, at some point, I can pass it forward and help others as I have been helped.

Thank you all!

Offline Pineau

• Board Moderator
    • Youtube
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2014, 11:14:06 pm »
Great !  Kudos to everyone ! Really happy this turned out this way.
Makes the stuff I put up with worth it.
Pat, I hope we will see the three of you soon. 
DONT BUY TICKETS UNTIL THE VISA IS IN HER HANDS.

Where did you buy the house? When do you plan to have a wedding?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 11:37:53 pm by Pineau »
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.

Arnold

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2014, 01:40:36 am »
Congrats to you IrishGuy and Kudos for Gerry for being a successful "Match-maker"! Hope many-many years of a wonderful Life is ahead for all three.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2014, 05:03:34 am »
I have just been chatting with Lisa. I am not sure who is happier out of you two.  I think I will call it a tie.

I have cracked open a bottle of Bubbly and will toast your happiness from afar.

Well Patrick one question - Are you traveling to China to bring your two ladies home?

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline maxx

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2014, 05:30:49 am »
congrats and best wishes to you and your's. Now the real journey starts.

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2014, 07:14:05 am »
Congratulations! Like Maxx said, now the hard part starts. ;D I will send you an e-mail later tonight that will give you some ideas and suggestions as to what actions you will need to do in the near future to prepare the foundation for your AOS after you two get married. Remember what I said about transit visa requirements for Lisa and Amy when booking their flights here also, some countries require them just to transit through so double check with the airlines. Lisa and Amy are not citizens of the USA so they do not fall under any treaties/agreements the USA has with other countries,so you should mention the fact that they are citizens of China when purchasing the tickets or e-mail the airline company. I remember one guy that was/is a member here who got a call that his wife /fiancee was stuck in some airport outside the USA because she did not have a transit visa.

Best Wishes,
Robert

Offline IrishGuy65

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2014, 09:22:50 am »
Gerry, no tickets will be bought.  We've been told and understand to wait until she has the visa in her hands. :)
The house is in Newark, Delaware... We are talking now about the timing of her arrival in the USA and the wedding.  When we have a date set for the wedding, we'll let you and Fiona know.

Arnold, thank you!

Willy, thanks!  We are both very excited and happy.  Lisa says she wants to come visit you before she leaves China.  I hope you and your wife get the chance to meet with Lisa.  As for coming back to China to pick her up... it is what I wanted to do, but I can't afford it.  Putting a ton of money into the house, and need many things for Lisa and Amy when they arrive.  So, I want to, but I won't.  We plan on visiting China once a year, and I'm sure I'll be able to come by and meet you and your wife.

Maxx, thanks!  Yes, I'm looking forward to starting the real journey  ;D

Robertt... again, many thanks!  Yes, we have already discussed the transit visa situation.  I think we are flying Asiana, which goes through Incheon in Seoul Korea.  Either that, or a direct flight from Shanghai or Beijing.

Mike, thanks!  Yes, we have talked quite a bit about all the adjustments Lisa and Amy will have to make, here.  We understand that it will be a culture shock, so I am hopeful that, with understanding comes the ability to adjust and work everything out.  We both feel confident that we can work it all out together.

Offline ChinaBound

• guilin bound
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2014, 10:39:05 am »
     Like Maxx said, the real journey starts soon. I hope they enjoy it in the USA.

Offline Pineau

• Board Moderator
    • Youtube
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2014, 10:59:14 am »
Patrick,
Fiona went to Hong Kong to japan then non stop to Denver. No transit visa required.

I just saw tickets for $750 directly from Hong Kong to New York  (JFK) !!!
That's an unbelievable price. Air China and China southern both fly that route.

http://www.farecompare.com/results/flights-marketsearch.html?departdate=20140331&cabin=Coach&flexDates=&destination=NYC&c2=2&p=2&altAirports=false&onlyNonStops=false&s=d&departure=HKG&saveMySearch=&t=o&dsh=1&type=flights-market&returndate=