Author Topic: Me again  (Read 2082 times)

Offline Peter Arnold

• Milestogo
Me again
« on: September 12, 2013, 03:02:23 am »
Hi guys again. I did not feel comfortable about posting photos of my friend without her permission, so I wanted to withdraw the post. I would have liked to remove just that last post with the photos, but couldn't see how to.
I actually meant to ask other guys if they run it past their partner if it is okay to post photos of them, as these photos can be copied and pasted anywhere on the internet. So I got a bit concerned for my friends sake. What are other mens' feelings about this?
It is never too late to be what you might have been

Offline daghoi

Re: Me again
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 09:08:33 am »

I do not post peoples picture without their knowledge.

Arnold

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 12:56:52 pm »
Of course one should "Not" post anything without getting the green light first from their Friends (Girl or Guy)/Wife or Husband.. ect. !
It did cause some trouble with only a few here, but please don't shy away from posting Photo's by not even asking thee other. We do like to see as well read of someones Trip/Adventure throughout their search.

Offline IrishGuy65

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 08:47:53 pm »
All the pictures I have posted have been posted without permission or knowledge of those in the pictures.  I will say, I am sure if I asked Lisa or Amy, they would not mind.

In my case, asking them if I can post those pictures is like asking the mountain in the background if I can post the picture with it there... These pictures are about my trip, and my story, and my adventures.   These are the things I did, the beautiful scenery I saw, and the people I met.  There aren't pictures which are bad or wrong... 

Let me put it another way... You have pictures of the woman you love.  Do you show your friends without asking if it is OK?  SURE YOU DO!!  Aren't we all friends here?

Now, some pictures shouldn't be posted, and I think there are obvious differences.  I have a picture of Hongping where she just woke up, and is walking to the bathroom  She is wearing clothes, but her hair is a mess and it is not a good, flattering picture.  I love the picture very much, but it isn't something I would show others.  It is important to understand why you are posting, and what others are seeing in the picture.  Peter, in your case, you are boasting about your lovely lady, and proudly showing her off to friends.  I can't imagine how that is bad.  Yes, it is the internet, but the pictures are good pictures, which I believe she would be happy with.

Finally... while I was in China, Hongping came to me while I was online posting on this site.  She asked me about it, and I showed her a few things.  Mostly the Photos from China forum... she loved it.  She knows this site and could come here if she chose to.... and I wouldn't be afraid of her seeing the pictures I've posted.  I do understand everyone, every situation, every relationship... is different.  But I don't have any problems with people posting pictures of their loved ones, especially when they are very happy and proud of those loved ones.  It's nice to show off the loved ones to friends, and maybe boast a little that you have the best woman in the world.  I think we all feel that way, and we are all very happy for each other.  So, it's all good!!!
I-129F Delivered: 9/26/13
NOA-1 Received: 10/1/13
Request for evidence: 11/13/13
RFE evidence received by USCIS: 11/29/13
Approval of petition (online): 12/17/13
NOA-2 Received: 12/24/13
Lisa received letter from Guangzhou: 1/14/13
Interview on 2/25/14.  Visas approved.
Visas picked up on 3/5/14.

Offline daghoi

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 07:53:57 am »
Hi !

True words Irish.. It is not always "yes" or "no". Agree with that i do not ask or permission to post wife and me in a group etc, but when the photo is showing one person, explicit. I actually do ask. Guess it is all about contex

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 06:17:34 am »
Hi guys again. I did not feel comfortable about posting photos of my friend without her permission, so I wanted to withdraw the post. I would have liked to remove just that last post with the photos, but couldn't see how to.

When you view the posts then your own posts have a remove link in the top right hand corner of your item.
No one else can see this only you - it is up there with the three links that include quote modify and remove.
Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,