Author Topic: Just when........  (Read 20331 times)

Offline shaun

Re: Just when........
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2013, 04:17:31 am »
Keep in mind that most pastors in America make between $100.00 - $200,00 a week.  The larger majority of pastors are really doing what they preach and live the way the bible tells them to live.   So please keep perspective on the subject.

I am sure that David is dealing with a group of individuals that have a larger cult of believers and have mastered the art of brain washing people.  Why people get caught up in this kind of crap is beyond my understanding because I can see what they are doing.  I guess I'm pretty cynical when it comes to people coming in with a new way of seeing God or trying to convince me of their new revelation.  But people fall for it every day.

David I know you feel betrayed because of what has happened. But if there is a way to get into your wife's mind try to understand and see if it was malicious or innocence that caused her to become such a part of this.

More later if time permits.

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2013, 04:52:08 am »
i have just logd-on and read  this dilemma, im so sorry to read what has transpired here, I really wish that things for you and your wife will get sorted soon, I have just found some cds,dvds from my wifes friends church in her drawer, I wish that her friends would but-out of our life, John.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2013, 08:06:16 am »
Keep in mind that most pastors in America make between $100.00 - $200,00 a week.  The larger majority of pastors are really doing what they preach and live the way the bible tells them to live.   So please keep perspective on the subject.

We know that there are those but we also all know the multi millionaires who have more homes than most people have rooms and private jets and just do not get me into TBN. ::)  They certainly have many ways of continually cajoling cash from the pockets of people in more need than them.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2013, 04:59:10 pm »
Xmas has just been re-instated in my home....Ming comes home at 8pm tonight. ;D ;D ;D

We managed to resolve our issues over the past 2 weeks and hopefully we can put it all behind us and move on.

I finally convinced her that despite my own convictions, I will always support and encourage her in whatever religious stuff she wishes to pursue.

She got a job last year teaching Mandarin writing and speaking to Chinese children who were 2nd and 3rd generation Aussies and whose parents wished them to "re-learn" some of their Chinese roots. In this school she was exposed to a lot of other Chinese people...some of which were Religious predators...and she fell for it.

These bottom dwellers were all about scamming money...not proselitising true religion.

So when she comes back and is settled, I will arrange for her to get some PROPER advice about Christianity...and then she can make up her mind whether it truly offers her something that her previously held Buddhist convictions do not.

The Group that took her for money now face prosecution for a number of offences.....Collecting money but having no registration as a religious Organisation or Charity........Tax evasion.......Offences under the Trades Practices Act...Offenses under the Fair Trading Act...Offences under the Corporate Affairs Commission Act...to name but a few. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Additionally, I have begun a Civil Suit for recovery of the money and mental pain and suffering.........

That hopefully will keep them busy for the next couple of years and involve them in squillions of dollars of Solicitor and Legal costs...and if any of them are not Permanent Residents, they risk deportation too.

As they say "Hell hath no fury than a DavidE scorned/ conned"..(or something like that)

ps...In the current state of my emotional affairs I forgot to mention the Ashes series Willy........one word springs to mind...Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee   ;D ;D

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2013, 05:57:09 pm »
David E,
  I am very happy that all worked out for the best. I was hoping you could expose these thieves for what they truly were. Hopefully she has learned a valuable lesson concerning scammers and con artist. I truly hope you two can now continue on in peace without any outside influences causing further problems. Season Greetings to you and Ming! :)

Best wishes for your future,
Robert

Offline shaun

« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2013, 07:49:14 pm »
David this is great to hear.  You and your wife have been on my mind a lot lately and of course have been in my prayers.  I am happy to hear that there is a positive move to reconciliation in your household.

I hope you chase the scammers to the end of their own rope.

I hope the 2 of you have the best Christmas ever.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2013, 07:58:09 pm »

ps...In the current state of my emotional affairs I forgot to mention the Ashes series Willy........one word springs to mind...Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee   ;D ;D

As you know I was more than happy to receive your first bit of news.  I would have loved to be a spectator at Perth Airport at tonight as I really like a good weep!

Talking of weeping you certainly rub it in with that post script.!  Well that's going below the belt mate. This is a time for coming together and spreading great happiness but that obviously did not come to the mind of that current XI.  Its lucky I gave up my Christmas's five winters ago other wise I would still be weeping over the Turkey tomorrow.

Willy

PS I do not begrudge the Aussies having an occasional win nowadays.  But the MCG next week is going to be a pretty dull place with nothing to play for on either side..
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline ChinaBound

• guilin bound
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2013, 09:02:16 pm »
    David E,

I was also blindsided with a different issue and was not able to work it out and basically just
 gave up and went home.

BUT  I am so happy to hear that you are at this point and it looks as though the two of you
 will work it out. Have a Merry Christmas and as you see everyone is quite happy with the
 good news. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Ted

Offline Smaug

« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2014, 12:22:47 am »
'glad to read this, even if late.

Is all still well?

We should all make an effort to check in more often (like Willy) even if things are going great.