Author Topic: divorce in China  (Read 4124 times)

Offline JohnB

• Board Moderator
  • the less traveled road has made all the difference
Re: divorce in China
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2014, 08:55:04 pm »
"Words like flushing down the toilet,.."

Rhonald,
sorry about that. it does sound harsh. I was trying to maintain the positive in Neil's relationship...trying to spark
the stubborn streak in him.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2014, 09:06:55 pm »
I understand when CIC is tasked with trying to prove that marriages are legitimate, that this can be a difficult job. But I thought Minister Kenny changed the rules, so that married couples had to live together for two years before the newly arrived spouse could get full PR. Wouldn't this make approvals that much easier to get?

Offline fivetrout

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2014, 09:09:07 pm »
Neil's situation is one I have warned Hong about...it does, and can happen! True I have just started the waiting process, but...she is my destiny and how could our love for the other ever change? One can't just toss out the old and buy a new pair of shoes. Hong and I have a deep seeded love, a forever kind. I would always choose her... no matter the circumstances! If not her, to some extent be it just vacations...than no one! Eventually, I'd have to move to china to be with her.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2014, 09:28:36 pm »
I, like John B, have not been unsympathetic to Neil's problem. I think, with others, we are trying to urge him to think outside the box and see if there is anything else that can be done.  His new thread on 11th January was probably that initial reaction to the news he did not want to hear.

I do note that that since Neil started out with this new lady three years back he has often mentioned the possibility of hiring an immigration lawyer, he was still saying this even as late as October, three months back.  Maybe this could be a lesson not only for all Canadians, maybe for members from all countries, to learn as all have different rules and regulation etc concerning immigration.   Many start this journey think it is a walk in the park. For some it is like climbing Mount Everest without oxygen.

OR

Could the fault lie with his wife in China? Has she ever been refused a visa previously?
Is there something in her past that only comes to light during interviews?
 Could it be that they considered her learning of English was not good enough.  I remember having dinner with another Canadian member and his wife here and during the dinner she took every possible opportunity to consult her reference book to understand more what we was saying in English. I was most impressed with her level of learning our language.

As Rhonald says no one can question Neil's commitment to stay the journey so far.

I see that Neil has been back to view the forum several times since posting this bombshell.  I for one hope that his not having posted here is a sign that he is contemplating what his next move will be before making that final decision.

Willy

PS Neil.  There are a lot of big projects being considered for Hong Kong so maybe a move there for a couple of years may well give you opportunity to use your skills. There are so many European companies operating there. Your wife can stay in Hong Kong for up to 6 months, go home and come back the next week for another six months.   Then maybe the Canadian Bureaucrats will see what a mistake they have made.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 09:38:13 pm by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2014, 12:29:10 am »
But I thought Minister Kenny changed the rules, so that married couples had to live together for two years before the newly arrived spouse could get full PR. Wouldn't this make approvals that much easier to get?

I would have to double check but this new policy, I believe would be for new application once passed into law, not for ongoing applications.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2014, 12:51:07 am »
It took my wife and me about 3 years waiting for our own visia. I remember people question why we waited so long. The big difference between Neil and myself, is that after our interview, after 19 months, we did get a validation of them believing we had a legitimate relationship. But still, it took almost another year until we finally got asked for her to submit her passport for the visa. I remember the frustration and anger with the waiting, the emails asking for updates that went unanswered. All my frustration and anger, and yet we had had postive news with the passing of our interview.I can only imagine what increased angusih Neil has had to face, not only with the first denial, but with the appeal as well. And don't forget this was the second girl he meet up with from China.

My wife watched a documentary about Canada's harsh head tax charged on Chinese people entering Canada to discourage immigration after the completion of our railroad. It was, of course a bad racial policy passed by our government that seperated families. When she asked me why such a policy, I could only say that it was a time of bad policy making. Some how it almost seems that Neil and others have had the anglo opposite of such a policy.

Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2014, 02:45:24 am »
Why is it that Canada would appear to be such a difficult country to emigrate to when it must be the largest country with a significantly lesser population per square mile than any other in the World.

Or is it just a racial matter with one group prejudiced against?

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,