Author Topic: Trying to Immigrate Legally to the US? Get in line behind the Illegal Aliens.  (Read 6385 times)

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
Many thousands of Americans seeking green cards for foreign spouses or other immediate relatives have been separated from them for a year or more because of swelling bureaucratic delays at a federal immigration agency in recent months.
The long waits came when the agency, Citizenship and Immigration Services, shifted attention and resources to a program President Obama started in 2012 to give deportation deferrals to young undocumented immigrants, according to administration officials and official data.
The trouble that American citizens have faced gaining permanent resident visas for their families raises questions about the agency’s priorities and its readiness to handle what could become a far bigger task. After Speaker John A. Boehner of Ohio said on Thursday that the House was not likely to act on an immigration overhaul this year, immigrant advocates are turning up their pressure on Mr. Obama to expand the deferral program to include many more of the 11.7 million immigrants in the country illegally.
Andrew Bachert is one citizen caught in the slowdown. After he moved back to this country in August for work, he thought he and his wife, who is Australian, would be settled by now in a new home in New York State, shoveling snow and adjusting to the winter chill. Instead his wife, Debra Bachert, is stranded, along with the couple’s two teenagers and two dogs, in a hastily rented house in Adelaide, where the temperature rose in January to 115 degrees.
At loose ends, Mr. Bachert, 48, spent Halloween and Thanksgiving without his wife and children, and he opened his Christmas presents for them himself — on a Skype call so at least they could see what he had gotten for them.
“I’m sitting over here on my own, and it’s unbearably hard,” Mr. Bachert said. At the current pace, Mrs. Bachert will probably not travel to the United States before August.
Until recently, an American could obtain a green card for a spouse, child or parent — probably the easiest document in the immigration system — in five months or less. But over the past year, waits for approvals of those resident visas stretched to 15 months, and more than 500,000 applications became stuck in the pipeline, playing havoc with international moves and children’s schools and keeping families apart.
“U.S. citizens petitioning for green cards for immediate relatives are a high, if not the highest, priority in the way Congress set up the immigration system,” said Gregory Chen, director of advocacy for the American Immigration Lawyers Association, the national bar association. “This is a problem that needs to be fixed quickly.”
Many Americans are awaiting visas for spouses they recently wed, including Mukul Varma, 31, a naturalized citizen who works as a software consultant near Chicago. On a trip to India to visit relatives, he fell in love with Neetika Gupta, 26, also a software engineer. They married in India in May.
“To be honest with you,” Mr. Varma said, “because I was a U.S. citizen I thought it would not be an issue to get a visa for my wife. I didn’t put any thought into it.”
In mid-January Mr. Varma flew back to India to see his bride for the first time in nine months. He applied for her green card soon after the wedding, and since then it has not advanced. Their plans to start their life together in this country are in disarray.
“First it was surprise,” Mr. Varma said. “Then dismay. Then it just becomes very discouraging. You feel helpless. You feel as if you did things the right way and you are penalized for it.”
Christopher S. Bentley, a Citizenship and Immigration Services spokesman, said the agency had seen “a temporary increase in processing times” for the citizens’ green card applications because of the deferrals program and “the standard ebb and flow” of visas.
Last year, officials said, the agency detected the problem and tried to speed up the green cards by spreading them out to three processing centers. In November, the agency reported it had reduced waits to 10 months, calling that a “significant step forward.” Officials said they hoped to reduce waits to five months, but not before this summer.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/09/us/program-benefiting-some-immigrants-extends-visa-wait-for-others.html?_r=0

Offline shaun

Obama realizes that if he can get the illegals legal then he has instant voters.  Those who chose to do thing the legal way more than likely vote Republican.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
We certainly had the same problem in Aus.......all the Immigration Processing effort was going into "accommodating" the thousands of illegal Boat people flooding into Australia under the then Rudd/Gillard Policy.

Legitimate Migrants who paid big money in Immigration fees, and completed the usual mountains of paperwork, to properly bring their Partners/Families to Australia were simply put on the end of the list.

Our new Government under the Leadership of Tony Abbot was elected on the promise to stop the illegal boat people....and he did it !!!!, we have not seen a boat arrival for 2 months. Boat people and their smugglers have been categorically told that NO illegal arrival will EVER be granted permission to live in Aus.

The lefties and looneys are aghast at this move...they want to go back to the old way, and for the Labour Opposition, boat people represent votes.

It is heartening to see that even today, a bit of Political willpower, despite the shrieking minority, can produce quick and effective results.

Obama should have a word with Abbot...and find out how to start representing the silent majority...not the loonie left.......

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!

Obama should have a word with Abbot...and find out how to start representing the silent majority...not the loonie left.......

David, David David you have lived almost as long as me and you know that will never be. Ha Ha

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
Well I knew this was going to happen since the Dems are starting to sweat the midterm elections. Let the official butt smooching and pandering to illegals begin.

Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Process                  
Update for DACA Renewals April 9, 2014
In September 2012, USCIS started deferring action for certain childhood arrivals and issuing employment authorization for a period of two years. Beginning in September 2014, the initial two-year grants of deferred action for early recipients of DACA from USCIS are due to expire under their own terms, and USCIS is actively preparing for the DACA renewal process so that eligible individuals can request and receive an extension of their deferred action without experiencing any lapse in their lawful presence or work authorization.
In late May 2014, USCIS anticipates publishing a new dual-use Form I-821D, Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, to allow for both initial and renewal requests, and updating Frequently Asked Questions with additional information. If you received DACA from USCIS and will seek to renew, you must wait until USCIS publishes the new form before filing your renewal request. If you are filing for initial DACA, you may continue to file using the current form until the new version is available (See below for additional information).
To help prepare the public for the anticipated process to request a renewal of DACA from USCIS, we have created an outline found below. This outline is subject to change until USCIS announces the details of the final process in late May 2014.
Outline to request renewal of DACA from USCIS:
  • File the revised version of Form I-821D, Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, together with Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization and I-765WS, Worksheet, as in the initial filing. The forthcoming version of Form I-821D will be dual-use for both initial and renewal filers and will contain modified questions pertaining to each situation. The draft form is currently going through the Federal Register public comment process  and is not yet available for use.
  • Do not file the current version of Form I-821D to renew.  USCIS will not accept renewal filings until the new version of the form is published.  However, if you received DACA from ICE instead of USCIS, please read the ICE-Granted DACA Renewal Guidance.
  • Submit your DACA renewal request package approximately 120 days (or 4 months) before your current period of DACA expires. This is also the date that your Employment Authorization Document (EAD) expires. While USCIS will continue to accept filings after this date, it will not accept requests made earlier than 150 days (or 5 months) before that expiration date. The expiration date is printed on the front of the EAD, Form I-766 . Complete renewal requests include signed Forms I-821D, I-765, and I-765WS with fee and evidence, if applicable.
    • If you file your renewal request package approximately 120 days before the expiration date of your current period of DACA, USCIS anticipates making a decision on your deferred action request and adjudicating your employment authorization application well before your current period of DACA and employment authorization expires. If you have filed at least 120 days before your deferred action and EAD expire and USCIS is unexpectedly delayed in processing your renewal request, USCIS may provide deferred action and employment authorization for a short period of time until your renewal is adjudicated.
  • You only need to submit new documents pertaining to removal proceedings or criminal history that you have not already submitted to USCIS. You do not need to re-submit documents you already submitted with your previous DACA request that was approved. However, you should keep copies of all documents that support how you meet the DACA guidelines so you can provide them if they are requested by USCIS.
NOTE: If you received DACA from USCIS, do not file the current version (edition date 6/25/13) of Form I-821D to renew. USCIS will not accept renewal filings until the new version of the form is published in late May 2014. However, if you are among those few individuals who received deferred action for childhood arrivals from Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) between June 15, 2012 and August 15, 2012, please read the ICE-Granted DACA Renewal Guidance.
FAQs updated January 18, 2013
On June 15, 2012, the Secretary of Homeland Security announced that certain people who came to the United States as children and meet several key guidelines may request consideration of deferred action for a period of two years, subject to renewal, and would then be eligible for work authorization. Deferred action is a discretionary determination to defer removal action of an individual as an act of prosecutorial discretion. Deferred action does not provide an individual with lawful status.
If you need further information and cannot find it on this Web page or in our Frequently Asked Questions, you may contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 or 1-800-767-1833 (TDD for the hearing impaired). Customer service officers are available Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. in each U.S. time zone.

Just when things were starting to pick back up this happens, and they are renewing their EAD's also. I wonder how many legal permanent residents and citizens are unemployed because of this action?

Offline Happy

Hello folks,

Myself and several U.S. citizens(men) and their Chinese wives that My wife and I know are very pleased with the Obama Administration and their immigration policies! The wait time for people waiting for visas has been cut down considerably. We know of a couple living in Colorado that it took almost 18 months to obtain visas for wife and child and the visa process was started in 2010. We met a couple on our return flight, From Changsha in April 2014, it took only 255 days for wife and child visas, that are living in Texas. My wifes visa was approved in 2011 and she was only asked my name and approved in less than 5 minutes. It was much more difficult with the previous administration to get visas and in a timely manner! So when it comes to immigration the Democrats are a positive and the Republicans are a HUGE negative!  ;D

Jim

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
09/09/2009... Married in Qingdao, China
09/12/2009...Returned to United States
10/19/2009...Mailed I-130 to Chicago Lockbox
10/21/2009...I-130 Delivered
10/27/2009...I-130 Received @ California Service Center
10/31/2009...Received NOA1 in the mail (USPS)
02/02/2010...Received NOA2 (text & e-mail)
02/05/2010...NVC receives I-130 petition
02/07/2010...Called NVC AVR and received case number/ gave e-mail address
02/09/2010...Received NOA2 in the mail (USPS)
02/12/2010...Received ACL/AOS Fee Invoice by e-mail
02/12/2010...Paid AOS fee online
02/16/2010...AOS shows paid
02/21/2010...Sent optin letter and DS-3032 from wife's e-mail address in China
02/28/2010...Called AVR and was told DS-3032 was received
03/03/2010...Sent I-864 bundle to NVC
03/03/2010...Paid IV fee online
03/11/2010...IV fee shows paid
03/12/2010...IV bundle sent to NVC
03/15/2010...RFE for I-864 ( correction to block 25)
03/17/2010...RFE Checklist letter and corrected I-864 returned to NVC
03/18/2010...AVR says checklist letter response received
03/29/2010...Sign-in failure at payment portal
03/31/2010...Case complete e-mail from NVC
04/01/2010...P-4 Interview appointment letter
04/28/2010...3rd trip to China
05/04/2010...Interview @ Guangzhou ( PINK )
06/20/2010...POE Atlanta Hartsfield, Georgia

This is my personal time-line for CR-1 visa which was completed prior to Obama's promise the illegals anything so the liberals think we actually care program.  If the man in Colorado took 18 months then he must of had either an ignorant attorney, major red-flags, attempted to do it himself and completely screwed the paperwork up, or was completely broke and could not afford the travel or fees. It doesn't matter what party is in charge, what matters is who enforces laws and who bypasses current laws for political gain. I believe some former communist leader once said " it does not matter how many vote, it only matters who counts the votes! "

Offline maxx

I didn't think my wife's visa was to bad under Bush it was 11 months.

Offline JohnB

• Board Moderator
  • the less traveled road has made all the difference
"Obama realizes that if he can get the illegals legal then he has instant voters.  Those who chose to do thing the legal way more than likely vote Republican."
Shaun
"The lefties and looneys are aghast at this move...they want to go back to the old way, and for the Labour Opposition, boat people represent votes."
DavidE

just for the 'eh of it, I need to know if I am correct.
in the States, I do not know Aust laws, a 'legal' immigrant has a wait of 5 years before application of citizenship. a spouse wait is for, what, 3 years?
so, assuming the issue of illegals, I imagine the legalization process to grant them the 'green card' & a 'soc sec' card as their initial legal benefit (U.S. to live, to work).
but still no voting rights exist until citizenship.
I think maybe a lot of people here, members & lurkers, would be interested in the legalities of the system as it exists in regards to their dear intended. 

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  In September 2012, USCIS started deferring action for certain childhood arrivals and issuing employment authorization for a period of two years. Beginning in September 2014, the initial two-year grants of deferred action for early recipients of DACA from USCIS are due to expire under their own terms, and USCIS is actively preparing for the DACA renewal process so that eligible individuals can request and receive an extension of their deferred action without experiencing any lapse in their lawful presence or work authorization.

Note the timing of each cycle! Just before the 2012 presidential election and just before a mid-term election that will most likely spell doom for certain people associated with a certain political party. For those who are unsure of what the word " certain " represents above, that translates to those that arrived here illegally with their parents or friends. You will also notice I highlighted extension and lawful presence and work authorization above. For those who do not know what extension translates to then look at how long TPS has been granted and extended to refugees from Sudan, Guatemala, and the Honduras, some of these people have been on TPS status for over 10 years. And work authorizations for illegals when actually citizens and legal residents are jobless? Some how I find it hard to believe this is not a ploy to pander to Hispanic groups who all have or know some family who has members who are here illegally. Another thing to consider also is that NO ADDITIONAL PERSONNEL where hired to process these applications, that is why everyone's petitions are taking longer to process.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 05:43:16 pm by robertt S »

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
In Aus, The Grant of Citizenship occurs 5 years after the Grant of Permanent Residence, so the Citizenship process is about 6 years.

BUT......it is not the vote of the actual Migrant that the Pollies are after.

What they are aiming for are the votes of the raft of swinging voters who perceive and endorse the actions of "mercy" taken by Pollies over the "humane" treatment of illegal Immigrants...those poor downtrodden, persecuted folk who are destitute, penniless and in fear of their lives in their home Country. That they somehow have found $5000 + to engineer the trip from somewhere to Indonesia, stayed in Indonesia for up to 1 year and then employed an illegal people smuggler to get them to Aus is always overlooked.

Most of the illegal migrants look like adverts for Health Studios...dont look like the opressed masses to me !!!! ( I accept that that is a fairly shallow and callous perception on my part...but then I am a fairly shallow and callous person...especially where cheats are involved)

Basically, they are economic refugees who want a slice of our good life...and that is not necessarily a bad thing. But our current Govt. has categorically mandated that THEY will decide who comes here under our existing Immigration Laws....there is a due process and everbody should be subject to this without exception.. And we take as many Political refugees as we have agreed to under various UN conventions...so be it.

As we all know, if 10% of swinging voters can be converted, that is usually enough to get you over the line Politically. This is the plan...bugger the refugees, they are only pawns in the great Political machinations.

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
Here is the latest report on DACA requests!

Offline JohnB

• Board Moderator
  • the less traveled road has made all the difference
"Most of the illegal migrants look like adverts for Health Studios...dont look like the opressed masses to me !!!! ( I accept that that is a fairly shallow and callous perception on my part...but then I am a fairly shallow and callous person...especially where cheats are involved)"
Robert, Robert, Robert...
Think of it this way, let's say you did not have the “luxury” of a China wife. Your choice of choices.
In other words, stuck in the sand trap of Australia.
Had to look up the world's fattest women by country. The U.S. is 4th, the avg weight for women
is 166lbs./ 75.3kg. The Aust woman ranks 10th, the avg weight 162lbs./ 73.5kg
http://www.bloomberg.com/visual-data/best-and-worst/heaviest-women-countries
I mean, lets face it, add 10- 15lbs and I have just met my match (personally, I think I would
be well below the 'mean avg' for the AmerMan).

To me, I much prefer to hedge my bets as to what woman I want. Choices are good! & my
back of course.
I'd be at the dock during the off- load. Checking the statistics of course.
I guess I am very shallow after all.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
That's a good point...but sadly there are NO single women refugees...all married women and single males.

We cant mention religion here...but they all come from Middle East Countries.

Go figure

Offline Happy

What's obvious is the time is getting quicker & easier for those that want to bring their Chinese ladies to America...So things are better now than they were before, with visas. A big positive!  ;D

Jim

P.S. keep the negative politics out unless u watch too much False(fox) news! LOL  ;D