Author Topic: How to get the tickets correctly?  (Read 2254 times)

Offline 2hip

• Red Wabbit
How to get the tickets correctly?
« on: April 15, 2014, 01:14:43 am »
My Fiance will have her interview on Apirl 22.  We show that her K-1 application was received on December 5, 2013.  That is smoking fast and really caught us off guard.  Our immigration attorney told us minimum 10 months to a year.  USCIS said pretty much the same.  4.5 months...incredible.  Thanks you Robert S. for your advice and information.  If i had not already been under contract with an attorney in Oakland i would have used your services.  Please do not be offended.  If there are any other things i will hire him.

Now the question...To get seats on the same plane flying from Beijing to SFO how do i do that.  I just don't quite get it.  She will be flying one way and i will do a round trip.  We will spend a week down in Xi'an and visit the Famen Temple, the Yellow River Falls, and the world class museum in Xi'an.  Last trip to Xi'an we did the Terra Cotta Warrior exhibit and many of the ancient Chinese Emperors are buried around this area.  So, am i allowed to buy her ticket at the same time i buy my ticket?  I have never tried to do something like this so am somewhat befuddled on how the protocol works.  I have her Chinese passport number and her Chinese identification number.  We are waiting for her interview results before buying the tickets.  Any help will be appreciated ...thanks, alan

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Re: How to get the tickets correctly?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 04:08:12 am »
Do it online is the best way then you can be looking at flight you want. Hopefully if you book far enough ahead there should be seats available. Then when you do your check in you will get seats together.

Willy

Hope I do not get a similar flight home from London as this one turned out.  But then I do have a residences permit and my step daughter is Chinese so they should let us of the plane in our case. But then with no immigration facilities there then I think we would have had to sit it out!

Passengers on board a stranded Cathay Pacific flight from New York to Hong Kong were kept inside the plane for 16 hours because of limits on the crew's work hours and immigration rules.

Flight 831 was diverted to the southern city of Zhuhai in China on 30 March following a hail storm.

The plane was left sitting on the tarmac for hours until Cathay Pacific sent in a new flight crew, with the first crew having reached work-hour limits.

All 256 passengers were kept on board for the entire time because Chinese immigration and customs regulations at Zhuhai did not allow them to enter the airport, Cathay Pacific said in a statement on Saturday.

According to the local Chinese customs district, Chinese officials worked continuously to accommodate the new 16 crew members, who took a high-speed ferry from Hong Kong and entered China through a Zhuhai port before arriving at the airport.

Customs officials then set up a temporary workplace at the airport, which does not have a permanent customs office, to process the crew members' paperwork before flying the plane out of Zhuhai in the early afternoon of 31 March, the customs district said.

Cathay Pacific said the plane took off at 1.08 pm, more than 16 hours after it landed in Zhuhai. The flight arrived in Hong Kong a little over an hour later.

The flight usually takes 15-16 hours, but this flight turned out to be more than 34 hours long with the stopover.
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline maxx

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 09:23:55 am »
What I did was. I just bought a round trip ticket for myself. And a one way ticket for my wife. I don't know how long it takes to receive the actual visa now. When my wife did this it was 3 days.

I would find out from Robert. how long the wait time is for the visa now. Then talk to your wife and see how long she wants to stay in China. Based off what Robert has told you. Then I would buy the round trip for yourself. And the one way for your wife. Do it on line from your home. And just match the flight numbers from your ticket with your wife's. Make sure that the name on your wife's ticket matches her passport.

I actually did something like this a few years ago. Me and my wife and kids flew to China. I hung out in China for two weeks. Then flew back to the states. Two months latter when the wife was ready to come home. I just bought a round trip ticket. I just matched the flight numbers and the departure times out of Beijing. On the return trip home. There is so many flights in and out of Beijing it was really pretty simple.

nursetermite

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 05:40:52 am »

It is all very well up here. The knowledge that we can use in everyday life. Friends amenities of our lives the other.