Author Topic: opinions  (Read 22485 times)

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
opinions
« on: May 02, 2014, 07:08:37 pm »
clearly, there are some problems with the site. I want people to be completely honest, and write down here what the problems are.we are always striving to make the site better, so any input is appreciated.if you have a problem with the site layout, how people are acting, how things operate, I want to know. Nothing will be edited or deleted from this thread.

Offline JustJim

Re: opinions
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 07:23:26 pm »
The problem is my woman...

She is so danged interesting that I barely have a moment of time to come here and read, much less post.

I suspect that we all share this same problem... :D

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 07:51:23 pm »
I dont have any particular issues with the layout or the format...that's just cosmetic.

It seems that we have somehow lost the ability to attract new members ..or we have many new poeple who come here for info but dont post and share their experiences.

We must not forget that within our existing data-base on the Site, are the answers to just about every question everybody needs to know about finding and "importing" a Chinese partner.

It maybe that the economic climate has slowed the rate of "exploration" of Chinese Brides, or the reality of the cost/complexity is better understood, keeping "players" out of the loop.

As an "old hand" I am not so sure what members and/or newbies want from me now. I am happy to get involved in any questions, issues and debates as are all of our "old" members, but it is not easy to glean what is needed from us.

I am not sure if a blow-by-blow account of my normal daily life with my lovely Chinese Bride is of riveting excitement that would have old hands and newbies spellbound !!!!!! We have settled into a normal life together, and if there are items of specific interest (in my case the Religion saga and the introduction of the Little Emperor), then I post for general interest.

Other than that...what do newbies and oldies think I (and others) should be doing for communication ????.....I would be happy to know

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 08:01:37 pm »
The only problem I have with the site is that sometime I make a reply and I get no interface above this box, such as this time, where I can change fonts etc or add smileys.  So sometimes people take some of my comments seriously!!!!

The fact that there is no shout box has never been a problem for me.

It is because I work on the internet all day that I can regularly shoot over here to see if there is anything new. Others cannot do that they have to go to work.

I cannot remember when I last had a item deleted on here.

I also look in on the 'other site' and often it goes several weeks before a new posting is made and and as Maxx has found, some made there are a load of tosh and replies sents in response do not get through the moderators deletion button.

I do not think that there is much wrong with this site in general I just think that there are far fewer men looking to Asia and China in particular for serious relationships. 

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline shaun

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 09:09:14 pm »
I'm going to think on that a day or 2 and reply.

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 09:52:03 pm »
Willy, I have the same problem. sometimes the box is there and sometimes it isn't . Don't know why yet.

I am not real happy with whoever is deleting posts. I suspect it was a mod trying to clean up my thread from posts that did not belong. But I lost some of the early posts that I made and some success stories.
So whoever is doing it please be a bit more selective instead of deleting everything.

As far as the heated discussion that occurred on my thread about the private VIP area. I think it is healthy to clear the air and voice your opinions. I just wish it hadn't occurred in my thread.  I hope no one leaves because they disagree with this point alone.

I am not above bickering. I think I have had a run-in with other members a couple of times but I joined knowing the mission of the site and I also knew that it was not mine. The mods had the authority to do what they want whether I agreed or not. If I cant bear it then I will voice my opinion and then continue until apprehended. It is what it is.. (or was) so lets petition for change and move on.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 10:31:54 pm »
I am aware of the situation, and Mike knows I am dealing with it.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2014, 10:49:13 pm »
I am aware of the situation, and Mike knows I am dealing with it.

This little scenario would have to give rise to a gripe...surely.

For those of us mushrooms out here who only can see the tip of this particular iceberg, it seems incomprehensible that ANYBODY could have the approval/authority/permission...be it Moderator or simply a Member...to delete Mikes Posts en-masse...and to delete his account also.

As one of the pillars of rectitude and support for this Forum, Mike should NOT be subject to this and seems to have every right to be incensed.

But of course...as usual we are not told the full story...if it is an accident...tell us. If it is a deliberate act...tell us..and name and shame the perpetrator....lets cut out some of this secrecy stuff...tell us as it is.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2014, 10:56:01 pm »
unfortunately, I am at work right now. I am driving a truck up north. So when I say I am trying to get to the bottom of it, keep in mind that I am driving.if mike wants to say what's going on, he can.

Offline maxx

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2014, 11:59:59 pm »
It isn't no great mystery, Who done it, it was me. He said he was done so I took down his account. Now he is back whining. Am I supposed to be a mind reader. Am I supposed to have a crystal ball and look into it.If so nobody told me that was in the job description. This is the only guy who said he was leaving. Then comes back 6 hours latter and says who took down my account. If you don't want your account deleted don't post it on here.that you are leaving.Mind reading 101 is not my thing.

As far as deleted post,Or modified posts.Yes it was me again.The post was belitteling to somebody. Or the guy couldn't take a joke .And had posted back something nasty to somebody. If you guys don't like the job I do fine. You do the job I can have it arranged.

Gerry the reason I busted the ladies profile off of the thread was because with all the back biting and stabbing going on here lately,It didn't shine any light on the lady.She was not the center of attention the way she should of been. So I moved the post. To give her a much better chance of shinning through. I'm sorry your other posts didn't get moved. But with my limited access. I couldn't move your other posts. Perhaps the next moderator Martin chooses will have more and better access. And could grant your request.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2014, 12:11:32 am »
Yes, I have limited the access while I try to figure out what the heck is going on here. Thats my job...to oversee everything. Yes, Mike said he was done, but Mike was also angry at the time. I could see that plainly. The thought to delete his account never crossed my mind. We have a lot of members that have left us...told us they were leaving, and we never deleted their accounts. That decision was Mike's to make...either to delete it, specifically ask us to delete it, or leave it should he wish to return later.

Our job isnt to take things personally. There have been members here in the past I would have loved to delete, but didnt. There has to be a better way than this.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2014, 12:50:58 am »
W T F is going on today? I wake up to find that WW3 is well under way!

When Scottish Rob wakes up I am sure that he will be over there to knock a few knees together.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline fivetrout

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2014, 01:25:45 am »
I'm thinkin...there should be some kind of method to allow members to decide what needs to be deleted. One man with his own subjective opinion or interpretation may flaw the poster's true intent.

Offline maxx

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2014, 02:15:52 am »
Fivetrout you have a good idea, The problem is it doesn't work. Because of human nature I guess you would call it. I belong to three other forums. Where I'm not a mod. That deal with the subject of boats. That are really heavelly moderated. And they are the same way, they go way off track. They go so far off track there has been a couple of death threats. It got so bad on one of the forums I belong to. That they shut down the forum for 6 months. And pressed charges against the guy making the threats.

When they re launched after six months they had sold the forum and replaced all the mods. And you had to be a super exclusive member from the old forum to join the new forum. So you ended up with the same people posting the same things. And no new ideas or information was being passed. So it got to be a drag and I left until they opened it back up. and got some new blood and new ideas. Now as far as boats go it is a rocking forum. That is heavely  moderated. Where any desertion from any idea outside of a boat the member is banned. You don't make jokes, you don't try to be little somebody. And you don't post anything that hasn't got to do with boats. It still runs off course for a couple of days until the mods get it fixed. And they ban the offending party.

When we moved from facebook  to here the idea was the same. Just run the forum don't take any lip service. Make it a enjoyable experience for all. Well it ran off track. And when we tried to fix it, I was the one getting threatened. So I just let it go until I couldn't take anymore threats and bulling. When I put a stop to it this is what happened what you see here. And with management turning tale and running, This is where it is at now.

I Really hope Martin can find a new moderator and they can get this fixed. (Yes I've turned in my resignation)this forum still has allot to offer to the guys going through this.

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2014, 04:40:30 am »
Ok WTF is going on???

I just read hrough this and wondered what has gone wrong. people come here to get information from 'us' oldies...(although I'm not sure I can give out as much info now)

Personally I dont post as much since my last forey into the middle kingdom after what happenend...But I think 2 things (1) Not as many people come here and asking questions and (2) maybe it has 'run' its course?

I am NOT TAKING sids here) but Mike (mpo) did say he was leaving!! and Max was quick of the mark in deleting Mikes account...We cannot blame any of them nor can blame be given from either one to the other one....(I think thats right?  ::) ::) :-\
(A)Mike seemed angry...
(B) Max wanted to get the site cleaned up asap.

I am no expert but I have seen this coming for the last year.  >:(

Everthing Runs its course maybe we have done that we were lucky that the early years many of the guys went to China and came back and posted their adventures..
 I don't know what we can do to get back to that way  IF  that''s what the forum members want to do. but if indeed we do rstart can we PLEASE have a chat box? ;D ;D ;D
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill