Author Topic: opinions  (Read 21988 times)

Offline Happy

Re: opinions
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2014, 01:43:57 pm »
Hello people,

I seen an email that wanted opinions. I will give a fact instead of opinion on one thing...Things have changed much since the facebook days. Perhaps the interest in finding a woman from China has lost it's appeal. It seems when I found Chnlove there were many others that had that same interest. There will always be men that are interested in meeting a lady in China but your not seeing this in either forum.

As I read this thread I seen some issues with a couple people. That actually helps activity in forums...differences in opinions! We all go thru different experiences with doing this venture. My first experience, with this adventure, didn't turn out the way I "expected"(the biggest curse in doing this venture...expectations) it to. Surprises happen or should I say the other "s" word? Maxx was helpful when I was there in China dealing with this. He had experience! The other Max was also helpful(does anybody remember him from the facebook days?). Here is a link to his success with Chnlove: http://chnlove.com/t_matches/detail2_724_2.html

What made this forum and the facebook page good was the quick responses to questions we wanted answered yesterday(we all know how long it took Chnlove forum to post). The interest is just not there anymore. Those that say it's ran it's course are probably correct.

My wife and I just returned from Changsha. We spent a little time travelling(fun doing the tourist thing). We met up with CS Mike. We chatted about our experiences in China and on these forums. We also had a good laugh! A very nice man with strong opinions. I feel those kinds of opinions bring interest and other opinions to a forum table. <---this being my opinion!  ;)  Another opinion I have is an overly moderated forum can also drain interest. This is from my own personal experience with running a gaming forum 10 years ago. Forums can have a tendency to get on the "banned wagon" and this will have that negative effect! Good luck with the differences and keeping this forum alive!

My wife and I wish everybody on this forum happiness in their ventures!

Jim

Offline shaun

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2014, 06:52:35 pm »
Happy or Jim there are a few here that miss you.   It is good to see the occasional post.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2014, 01:25:33 am »
Maybe it is time to revamp the site.

As it is a free site then I wonder how money can be forthcoming to have SEO's working on it. Bearing in mind a lot of the SEO offering their service are on the same lines as dating scammers.  Getting the opening page is right, some people overdo the number of words in the hidden headings but 25 well scripted phrases is best. And these same words need to be in the opening page and or other pages.

What is needed is an opening page that leads to the revamped forum.   

I think Gerry is right in one way, the site needs to be more active.  Blogs are a good way as long as they are updated regularly. The major search engines love finding updated items.   Going back to Facebook and utilising what is there is another and also Twitter.

After seeing that the other chnlove forum goes a couple of weeks sometime without any new entries then I came to the conclusion that Finding a Chinese wife was no longer what it used to be.  I even stopped posting controversial items that were only designed to get some activity on here. ;D ;D ;D

Maybe it is time to revamp the mods as well. Even the US President only gets 4 years unless her is re-elected for a second term.

It is noted that now, with the departure of the esteemed Global Moderator, there are now only two mods who visit regularly. From the record available it showsthe other was last active nearly two months ago.

Maybe two mods and the administrator is all we need at this time.

Maybe we should rename the site and open it to all who are looking for a foreign wife.  A lot of the info that we available from our own experiences would be suitable in many cases to relationships with other than just chinese ladies.   I do know that some on here have given up on finding a Chinese Wife and have gone to other countries to fulfill their needs. ::)

The UK has now opened it borders to nearly 30 European countries now, that has made marriages a lot easier but no doubt the persons from the EU countries need green cards for the USA etc.

My vote would be to open the forum to men looking to marry a foreign wife.  Period.  There are now many years experience in terms of marriage years amongst us. Ok but lets glean then info from others who have or are looking to other countries.  I am sure that the experience of Robertt is not just restricted to US/chinese relationships.

The choice really is simple.  Revamp the forum or let it suffer a lingering death.

Let us have  some positive ideas come in.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline shaun

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2014, 08:34:07 pm »
Seems we now have 2 threads to talk about new ideas.

Offline JohnB

• the less traveled road has made all the difference
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2014, 10:11:34 pm »
there is no need of the perfect woman in the flesh.

OUR problem is the marketplace.
leave it to the Japanese to model the perfect artificial woman...the Americans to bring it to the
marketplace. BUT, big BUTT, there may be unforeseen issues arising on the unsuspecting horny male.

iBabe scene from "Movie 43"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRGnqH7nkow

still, it is the Japanese that started this whole thing, The Perfect Woman.
Chi (Chobits)
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chi_(Chobits)
see "Discovery"
She is found by Hideki one night in a pile of trash as he makes his way home from work. He takes her to his
apartment and tries to figure out how to activate her. A typical persocom (abbreviated from "personal computer")
has its power switch in or behind its ears, but Chi's is located in a very unorthodox place: her crotch. Realizing this,
Hideki overcomes his moral objections and manages to activate her. She has difficulty communicating with him at
first; the only word that she is able to say being "chi", but slowly she learns how to speak. She is initially fearful
that Hideki will discard her because of this, but he reassures her that he would never throw her away. When Hideki
decides to give her a name, he remembers the only word that she can say and decides to call her "Chi".
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 10:55:35 pm by JohnB »

Offline JohnB

• the less traveled road has made all the difference
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2014, 08:10:07 am »
my opinion had a brain fart. so I respectfully rescind my reco. 
If it comes to recos, I do nominate “Mike”, aka mpo. He has a history of substance abundance here.
So why not 'Mike the Mod'?

too much drama.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2014, 08:31:55 am »
my opinion had a brain fart. so I respectfully rescind my reco. 
If it comes to recos, I do nominate “Mike”, aka mpo. He has a history of substance abundance here.
So why not 'Mike the Mod'?

too much drama.
Unfortunately the very recent spat that resulted in another resigning as a mod will be something that would have to be considered. 

We had a similar situation a few years back when a spat took place between a mod and a member with the result that  the one who replaced him as a mod left the forum and has not been back since.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2014, 09:53:48 pm »
Actually, if I may intercede...he actually announced on this thread that he quit, and I clicked the necesary buttons to grant his wish. Prior to that, I had taken some of his abilities that he had away while I tried to figure out a solution.

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2014, 06:03:11 am »
Wish it woud it is becoming tedious!!!
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2014, 09:49:53 am »
The Rites of Spring, a part from the book "Rites of Spring: The Great War and the Birth of the Modern Age"

It saddens me to see this mud slinging, and as in spring time with spring cleaning, I will lay out my plan. I can see Mike is upset at past injustice - Mike I am sorry. Maxx I can see you are upset at current injustice - Maxx I am sorry. But just as in the Rites of Spring with two squawking birdies in their nest, chirpping loudly to claim the worm - Pick Me Pick Me - and as Robbie so elegantly said...it is becoming tedious.

This so called Great War of Words will have no right nor no wrong and it just hurts our forum - we all become losers. I have talked with Martin the possibility of just closing this forum down totally. For me, the only real winner I can see of this feud is he who first decides to not respond to the other. Bait not taken keeps the animal out of the trap.

With the Rites of Spring I will go forth and when I see any posts that either hint at the other, I shall sweep it clean.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2014, 09:59:35 am »
I am just sweeping away the last few days of feuding posts and any further ones. Links to past posts are trying to draw attention to past wrong doings. This is not a court of law, and I hope I am not Judge Dredd. It is not about who is right or wrong - that path will have no winners. It is about survival for this forum. I admit my method might be draconian. And if enough members do not like my method, then I will abort my spring cleaning.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 10:03:36 am by Rhonald »

Offline ChinaBound

• guilin bound
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2014, 10:16:41 am »
  Why don't you just delete this whole thread? It does absolutely no good and leaves a bad impression on the forum as a whole. Just my thoughts.

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2014, 10:17:12 am »
Mike...You have had your say on whats happened to you.
.Maxx you have answered it..

Why don't the pair of you NOW put htis to bed and end it as Rhonald said..All this  fighting and arguing/mud slinging/etc etc will hurt this forum...I have a question to you both "IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?..

Maybe the only way left is to neither of you to post when the other one does, as the thread is named OPINIONS, let one or both of you keep them to yourself when the other person posts!!!

I can see this forum closing and I don't think it's fair to do that as a resut of 2 members mud slinging at each other...
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

• Board Moderator
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2014, 07:41:35 pm »
MY OPINION! 

I thought that this thread was started as a way of finding out how the forum could be improved and in order to get opinions that this referring to the layout, contents etc.   

This thread has certainly moved away from that and having read the original posting by the administrator I feel that what has actually occurred was probably caused by the words used in that original posting! 

Ok what is going on between Mike and Maxx are opinions, whether right or wrong, I take no sides. BUT this spat has completely taken away what I considered  the purpose of that original posting. Which was as members how can we improve things.

Let this thread be a place where people can voice personal opinions whether we agree with them or not. Let the individuals concerned argue their points, I have no idea how, what, when and why it started. That is between the two concerned.

What I am concerned with is This Forum!       How to make improvements, how to bring the knowledge we have collectively acquired over the years to anyone starting off on what was and is the journey of a lifetime.

I have started a new thread which is just for the purpose most of us intended the original thread was for but which are now lost amongst the to and for opinions.  I have reproduced my original postings into this new thread and ask others to do the same.

I have named it Improvement Ideas and it is intended to be just for the layout, future contents etc and not for opinions on individuals.  This is intended just for that purpose and I ask the mods to freely remove any posting that does not confirm to the spirit of the thread.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2014, 08:56:13 pm »
Mike do you read what I posted? I said I would delete posts that you or Maxx aim at each other. I will not delete this or the previous 2 posts here.

You are allowed to post a questions, but just keep it away from trying to establish a court case. My actions are just as similar as a referee in sports - I make the call, sometimes I will make a bad call, but I will make the call. You know the rules and unsportsman like conduct is a call I will make. I will not ban you directly, but if either you or Maxx keep going at each other throats, I think it wise to let the other members make the call. Not on who is right or wrong, but if a red card needs to be shown.