Author Topic: Changes Again  (Read 4461 times)

Offline maxx

Re: Changes Again
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2014, 10:13:36 am »
Willy every year, When the American basketball team beats the hell out of the rest of the countries. Who think they can play Basketball.

I have seen a couple of rugby matches. It looks like a organized groping to me. Where a bunch of perverts with mommy issues try to grab each other's junk. ;D ;D ;D ;D

We have a sport for the Aussies and the limey's mite be able to play. It is called lingerie football. It is where the limey and Aussies can run around in women's underclothes, groping each other and not even get a penalty. ;D ;D ;D In the states we let the girls play this game. So maybe the Aussie and limey men can put together a team. And compete on a international level. With the rest of the lady boys.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 10:24:02 am by maxx »

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2014, 02:53:01 pm »
Let me help you understand the difference.  Football, American style, is a thinking man's game.  It is all about strategy, which changes from team to team, from game to game, and from play to play.  It is a tough sport also, but if you can't think quickly and adjust on the fly, you can't win.  Now, soccer and rugby... the strategy rarely changes, there is no deep thinking or difficult decision making.  You see the same things all the time, and, ultimately, the best players win the games.

The difference is in the strategy.  I've played all 3 sports competitively, and I can tell you first hand that none of the 3 are the toughest physically, but strategically American football is far superior.  Not only do you need to be athletic physically, but also mentally.

The toughest physical sport is ice hockey.  No other sport is even close.  Ice hockey is also probably the most intense sport.  It is too fast for most people, which is why it never because as popular as so many other sports.

Finally, I personally cannot understand the interest in soccer, or rugby.  They are very boring.  I may as well watch golf or tennis or bowling.  YAWN!

So I take it you not played the hardest game in sport..... Extreme ludo...LOL ;D ;D ;D
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2014, 05:07:09 pm »
From what I hear on the news all Aussies have to tighten their belts for a few year to come.

Nah...not really true, just that now we have a Conservative (aka Capitalist) Government again, they are winding back some of the featherbedding that the previous lot gave to the bludgers in the system....

This is normal Aus Politics...labour get in, spend all the money, Conservatives get back in and unwind it...similar to every other so-called Democracy...or should it be Lunacy ????

MAXX

I truly find it difficult to believe that ANY sportsperson from ANY sport discipline could play a full game of Aussie Rules Footy........it is the hardest game I have ever witnessed and I reckon the guys who are at the top level can be rated with the finest Athletes of any sporting code...bar none.

If you cant finish the game despite a broken leg/arm/back etc then you are considered a wimp  ;D ;D ;D...of course, the Lager helps !!!

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2014, 05:26:39 pm »
I think Brazil and Mexico love soccer very much too! Rumor has it that Rugby players eat their dead! :o

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2014, 08:44:13 pm »
I think you are all wrong...Aussie Rules...American Football...International Football...why don't you guys try a real sport.....driving in China!  Hahahaha

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2014, 09:44:53 pm »
Willy every year, When the American basketball team beats the hell out of the rest of the countries. Who think they can play Basketball.

Sorry Maxx I have never heard of it.  What is it called?

Now the Football World Cup is just that. A good part of the world gets involved.  Even China TV are cutting down on basket ball now and have three channels dedicated to Football.  There is life outside of the USA.

Of course the China TV shows the high lights of one American Football game per week.  It lasts for 2 or 3 seconds.  Ha ha

Another month or so, cold beer in hand I will be able to watch three or four games a day. 

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline JohnB

• Board Moderator
  • the less traveled road has made all the difference
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2014, 10:06:32 pm »
you guys are confused.
my monies are on American women's "Roller Derby"...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV9J_2--iGQ

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2014, 11:06:19 pm »

Offline maxx

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2014, 01:47:53 am »
It's called Basketball Willy. Last time I was in China it was on telly 2 to 3 stations ever mourning. My brother in law is a huge Yao ming fan. He also likes Shaq, Jordon, the Chicago bulls, And the Denver Nuggets. On his days off him and his hommies get together and watch the game on the telly. All of them wearing there favorite jersey and drinking beer like the Americans do.

Robert that isn't Fair there is something wrong with Hockey players heads. Those guy's elevator doesn't reach the top floor. Anybody that chases a little black circle around a frozen pond. Has got more then a few screws loose.

Women's roller derby is the sport of kings. They have a local team here that do's pretty good.5-0.
plus that they look sexy as hell in there little costumes.

David lets see a 200 pound guy. wearing a pair of shorts, And a funny looking shirt. Against a 325 pond linebacker dressed like a mideval warrior.It Isn't even a match. Most professional football players in the U.S play for five to seven years. After that they are 2 beat up to keep playing. Or they have had so many concussions. That they can't tie there shoes by themselves anymore.

I used to play American football back in school. I played right and left tackle nose guard, and inside linebacker. I broke more then one quarterbacks ribs. I hit one running back so hard and so many times. That he was laid up in the hospital for a couple of days. With contusions and bruising, I hit that kid so many times I got thrown out of the game. And his dad wanted to fight me after the game. At the time when I played I weighed 145 pounds and I was 5'10". The reason I quit playing was because I wasn't big enough to play at the next level.

There is one guy who plays at the pro level he go's 165 pounds and is 5'10 he is a receiver. So he is fast and has good hands. He is the smallest guy in the NFL. Most NFl linemen go from 280 up over 350 pounds. Running backs, receivers, quarterbacks usually run about 250 pounds. And are well over 6'3' Pro football in the U.S.A. is the toughest sport in the world.

Offline Philip

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2014, 07:12:04 am »
For tough sports, the Tour De France cycle race takes some beating. The object isn't to kill your opponent, but you come pretty close to killing yourself.
But I'm less interested in games involving people beating the shit out of one another, and more interested in games involving skill.
Football, as most countries in the world call the call the game with the spherical ball, which you kick with your foot, will always be the beautiful game to me. If you've grown up with with a game, supported your team through thick and thin, through bad times and good, it's like your best friend. Liverpool is my team. I love them like Scottish Robbie loves Celtic. With a passion. Nothing better than watching the movement of your team when they're playing at the top of their game.
But I can accept that the appeal of football, or sometimes sport in general, will always remain a mystery to some people.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2014, 09:21:14 am »
For non team sports I would say MMA / Wrestling has a choke hold on all other sports as being the most demanding. But then, when I watch Women's Beach Vollyeball, I get a sense of it being Hard as well  ::)
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2014, 10:35:43 pm »
It's called Basketball Willy. Last time I was in China it was on telly 2 to 3 stations ever morning.

But the Football World Cup is the big one. Billions of people around the world watch it every four years.  Even here where the World cup does not kick off for another month the  three main sport channels are showing matches from the 2010 World Cup to get people into the World cup mood.  Basketball is being put on the back burner for a while. Even the NBA Playoffs have just become a brief news items here at the moment.

The nearest any other sports event that gets a world wide audience is the Tour de France. (I am now watching the Tour of California where previous tour winner Bradley Wiggins is leading the pack.)    But there is nothing like the World Cup.  I saw my first one on a grainy black and white TV in 1958 when it was hosted in Sweden and Brazil beat Sweden in the Final.  Since my first there has been 14 others and I have watched them all. 
Next month I will be watching my 15th.   There is probably no one alive today who has seen 20 of them.  Maybe I will make that milestone, maybe not.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,