Author Topic: #5  (Read 4600 times)

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« on: May 13, 2014, 06:15:52 pm »
Trip number 5 to the Republic of the Philippines is just two months away. I am pretty excited to be going to see my wife. A year is too long to be apart!  I will try to update regularly here.

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
Re: #5
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 07:39:30 pm »
I hope you have plenty of stories and pictures to post when you return. :)

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 11:29:39 am »
Enjoy your trip again Martin , the Philippines in most areas is going ahead in leaps and bounds , I talk to there most days of the week , and a lot of the call centres are now relocating from India to there as finally they have worked out that they speak English that Australians can understand , ha ha ,
Do not know where you are heading to , but in Davao there are large shopping malls appearing it seems like every few months and a huge amount of general building going on , have a safe trip , it is a long way from Canada , but not to far from our shores , regards Robert and Sujuan .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 11:47:34 am »
I fly into Davao then have to drive about and hour and a half north.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 04:21:10 pm »
have to drive about and hour and a half north.

Driving North - a direction of travel all Canadians are familiar with. At least, the further North you trek on this trip, there will not be a corresponding increase in seeing snow!
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 10:53:11 am »
Rhonald , truth is he is probably heading North To Alaska , ha ha , nah Martin I wish you well and I do not think you are the only one heading that way , by reading FB , regards Sujuan and Robert .
PS I am not allowed to even go for a well earned holiday there , cannot imagine why .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2014, 06:29:05 pm »
I am less than 48 hours away from going on this trip.  I am quite excited to be going, since it has been nearly a year since I was there last.  This trip will be fun, and as an added bonus, I will be meeting up with a former member...Bee964 (AKA David).  He will be meeting up with me, and bring his girlfriend and his new baby.  I haven't seen him in quite awhile.  He was part of the Toronto brotherhood lunches when we were having them a few years back.

I will try to keep you all posted here as to how things are going over there.

Martin

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 08:04:40 pm »
Congrats, hope you have a safe and enjoyable flight. I do hope you and Dave start filling up the Philippine boards that were added.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 11:31:54 pm »
First leg of the journey has gone well. I flew from Edmonton to San Francisco. The only strange thing is having to deal with US Customs agents in Canada. I guess the new thing is to clear customs before you even leave. Just hard to accept their arrogant attitude when I am in my own country. Oh well, I guess it's the price one must pay to leave Canada.

Right now, I am in San Francisco waiting to board Philippine Airlines to Manila. It's been a long wait, and I am pretty happy and excited that this trip has finally started.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 02:07:50 pm »
Well, I made it safe and sound. Whenever I step out of the airport, I am always taken back by the humidity. For some reason, I always forget that it exists. But I am happy to finally arrive at my destination. For the most part, the trip went well. There was a delay in Manila. The 9 am flight to Davao was cancelled and everyone on the flight was moved to the noon flight. I domt think many people were booked on the 9 am, so I guess they decided to change our flight on us. It only appeared to be about a dozen passengers waiting at the gate at 8:30, when we were scheduled to board. So we got moved to 12, which didn't actually get off the ground until 1 in the afternoon. A little frustrating, since my first day here was pretty well shot.  But, I am happy to be here, and with those that I love. In the end, the delays really don't matter.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 09:58:41 pm »
Hope the rest of the trip goes well.  Just seen a TV programme about an American who marriage a Phillipino and they live on an island in the jungle with their three kids, it is a really remote place. He sleeps with a machete by his bed.  I guess you will be somewhere a little more modern.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2014, 09:29:15 pm »
Martin doesn't use a machete, he uses a Hockey Stick!!
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2014, 07:49:59 pm »
Willy...much more advanced...we don't sleep with a machete...just an AK47. Hahaha

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2014, 10:00:36 pm »
Willy...much more advanced...we don't sleep with a machete...just an AK47. Hahaha

Machete, Hockey Stick, AK47. Think I prefer my choice - my wife. ;)

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2014, 06:06:21 am »
Life is good here in the southern Philippines, albeit quite hot for my colder climate disposition. This past weekend, we went to a nice resort on Samal Island, where we relaxed quite a bit, did some swimming, tried scuba diving for the first time, and had a romantic 2nd anniversary dinner on the beach.

Dave (Bee) is flying in from Manila tomorrow with his lady and their son. Gonna spend a few days with them. I haven't seen Dave in 2 years, so it will be nice to catch up with him.