Philippines and other Asian Countries > Your trip to Asia

<< < (2/4) > >>

RobertBfrom aust:
Rhonald , truth is he is probably heading North To Alaska , ha ha , nah Martin I wish you well and I do not think you are the only one heading that way , by reading FB , regards Sujuan and Robert .
PS I am not allowed to even go for a well earned holiday there , cannot imagine why .

Martin:
I am less than 48 hours away from going on this trip.  I am quite excited to be going, since it has been nearly a year since I was there last.  This trip will be fun, and as an added bonus, I will be meeting up with a former member...Bee964 (AKA David).  He will be meeting up with me, and bring his girlfriend and his new baby.  I haven't seen him in quite awhile.  He was part of the Toronto brotherhood lunches when we were having them a few years back.

I will try to keep you all posted here as to how things are going over there.

Martin

Robertt S:
Congrats, hope you have a safe and enjoyable flight. I do hope you and Dave start filling up the Philippine boards that were added.

Martin:
First leg of the journey has gone well. I flew from Edmonton to San Francisco. The only strange thing is having to deal with US Customs agents in Canada. I guess the new thing is to clear customs before you even leave. Just hard to accept their arrogant attitude when I am in my own country. Oh well, I guess it's the price one must pay to leave Canada.

Right now, I am in San Francisco waiting to board Philippine Airlines to Manila. It's been a long wait, and I am pretty happy and excited that this trip has finally started.

Martin:
Well, I made it safe and sound. Whenever I step out of the airport, I am always taken back by the humidity. For some reason, I always forget that it exists. But I am happy to finally arrive at my destination. For the most part, the trip went well. There was a delay in Manila. The 9 am flight to Davao was cancelled and everyone on the flight was moved to the noon flight. I domt think many people were booked on the 9 am, so I guess they decided to change our flight on us. It only appeared to be about a dozen passengers waiting at the gate at 8:30, when we were scheduled to board. So we got moved to 12, which didn't actually get off the ground until 1 in the afternoon. A little frustrating, since my first day here was pretty well shot.  But, I am happy to be here, and with those that I love. In the end, the delays really don't matter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version