Author Topic: Occupation  (Read 7645 times)

Offline Jadams79

• http://www.myspace.com/norric_mitori
RE: Occupation
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2009, 03:19:24 am »
Currently over the road driver/small fleet owner, last few years.  Professional musician on and off for the last 15 years.
EMT
Compounding engineer, process engineer and electrical engineer for a tire company.
Network design.
Before that lets see ranch hand.

And other misc crap I have done just nothing to important.
Can't fix stupid.

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2009, 06:13:45 am »
Quote from: 'Jadams79' pid='5440' dateline='1244791164'

Currently over the road driver/small fleet owner, last few years.  Professional musician on and off for the last 15 years.
EMT
Compounding engineer, process engineer and electrical engineer for a tire company.
Network design.
Before that lets see ranch hand.

And other misc crap I have done just nothing to important.

JimB, every thing we do in life is important, it makes us who we are, if we did or didn't do some thing then we would be different people, we wouldn't be us :exclamation: , I think? :-/
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline kenny

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2009, 03:28:41 pm »
Well I been impressed with what I have read here! What a group, I must say my hat is off to Alex for what he is doing. I am a farmer, row crops corn and soybeans. Been doing this since early high school. Along with this worked in factory operating printing press, worked in glass business, and most recently drove a truck over the road in the off seasons. Back to full time farming now. I will go one step farther my future plans, keep reading this site and become a computer wizz kid like you guys!    Yeh Right I Wish

Kenny

Offline Agarn

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2009, 02:39:12 am »
HI,  Im a self employed bathroom fitter, carpentry, plumbing, ceramic tiling and electrical work,  complete room from start to finish.

Sold accident insurace once, hated it. did some holiday rep work in Lanzarotte once, loved it, women like holiday reps, haha.

Its not what you do that defines you, its how you do it!

Vince G

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2009, 07:54:09 am »
Agarn, Bathroom fitter, here it's called remodeling. I did the same (still do). Over 100 baths and over 50 kitchen remodeled. Also did anything else in homes and businesses, windows, doors, wood decks, siding, roofs not to mention whole houses. Wish I still had that energy I did then? :s

Offline Agarn

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2009, 02:33:56 am »
Vince,   I wish i had the energy from 20 years back, i`d make a killing, these days its a late start and early finish.
Plenty of remodling in florida after nurricane season, haha
Which part do you live?

Vince G

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2009, 07:11:05 am »
Fort Lauderdale. I've only done a few down here, majority of the work was in New York.

Offline Agarn

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2009, 12:50:07 pm »
Vince,   didnt think you were floridian, to smart!   NY makes more sense.
Dont get me started.

Vince G

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2009, 12:59:45 pm »
Agarn, you must have been here. :-/  Florida is like the home base for all the con artist and scammers in the country. This is the reason they don't like New Yorkers here. We don't fall for their scams.

Offline Joshua Smith

• Eastern Scorpion
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2009, 12:08:28 am »
I think I have the least impressive job.....cleaner for a movie theatre hahahahaha....ahhh crap... I need to /wrist or something :-/ j/k of course. The future will get better after I'm together with my lady in Guangzhou :icon_biggrin:
"I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am."   ~ Homer Simpson ~
"Everything is something."   ~ Marge Simpson ~

Vince G

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2009, 12:40:40 am »
Josh I worked security in a movie theatre for a short time. It's not fun but someone had to?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 12:40:55 am by Vince G »

Offline Agarn

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2009, 03:19:42 am »
Yes Vince many times, mainly cocoa beach, port canaveral, never met so many empty heads, you just cant get anything done, pretty much a surfs up, lets go attitude.
I know its not good to generalise but a friend of my brothers there has a business there and employs around 20 staff, none of these workers are florida born, all are outsiders such as your self,  he just will not employ them anymore, what does that tell you?
Is there a job you havnt done????

Vince G

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2009, 07:48:34 am »
Yeah Agarn I understand. I have seen some winners here. I'm further south but the attitude is almost the same. It was just like Cocoa Bch and Daytona Bch here, but it has changed in recent years. They decided to make it a middle/ upper class family living instead of the past party, beach area. They put up condo's and very expensive places to live which now sit empty on every plot that was empty land? Even where I live they were pushing people out so they can clear the land for condo's. It's on hold now because nothings selling (people are moving away and less moving down). Dumb move on the Towns. They got greedy and lost.

I worked for a contractor a little north of here few years back. Cabinet Design and sales. I got a call from one of the installers one day. Saying he broke his finger nail off and had to leave the job? I said what did you do? Are you going to the hospital? (I thought he like ripped his whole nail off?) He said NO He "CHIPPED" his finger nail? I was stunned for maybe a minute....Couldn't believe what I just heard. I told him to go back to work or he's gone.

In NY surfing isn't a big thing? There are some, waves are avg. 4-5 feet so it's good to learn on. Down here? avg. is 1 foot? they think they are great surfers. I can't help laugh at these surfer dudes. Oh yeah another quick story speaking of surfers. When working designing cabinets, I went to some kid about 20 yrs old that wanted a new kitchen and Daddy was paying for it. OK who cares? The kid was a surfer and with getting to know him some I found out his father is the road manager for the Rolling Stones. Cool! lol

Offline Agarn

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2009, 11:33:36 am »
Vince, funny thing that, Ive been  at cocoa beach at different times of the year and not seen decent surf, but they do have a 24 hour Ron Jons, lol
You know those condos you cant give away, well i own one, talk about a bloody mill stone around my neck.  Im thinking insurance and petrol, haha

Offline Joshua Smith

• Eastern Scorpion
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2009, 01:56:16 pm »
Vince, it's not so bad working as a cleaner at the movie theatre. My best friend is the supervisor. :icon_cheesygrin: So we sometimes sneak in DvDs and watch them on the big screens during the occasional  night shift lol The last couple of movies I brought in were movies that were in the theatres not too long ago but we didn't get a chance to go see. Eagle Eye and Bangkok Dangerous. Both very entertaining if you're into the action movie genre. I highly recommend both to anyone. Bangkok Dangerous had some very attractive Thai ladies in it too if you're interested. :icon_wink:
"I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am."   ~ Homer Simpson ~
"Everything is something."   ~ Marge Simpson ~