Author Topic: Simplified Visa Apllications  (Read 2205 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Simplified Visa Apllications
« on: June 18, 2014, 01:17:47 am »
This week, during the Prime Minister of China's visit to London it was announced that the 8 - 15 page visa application has been reduced to just one page.  This was previously available to Chinese Nationals who booked a trip to the UK with a Tour Company. Now it is being made available to every Chinese National to encourage more visitors to the UK.

This is for trips lasting up to 30 days so it looks like if you intend to visit the UK for up to six months then the full 8 - 15 page application form will still apply.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

• Board Moderator
Re: Simplified Visa Apllications
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 02:38:27 am »
Just went to the UK Visa Application center in Guangzhou.  They said the process has been streamlined.
Well believe me it has.

We walked in the main door at 11am and out again at 11.20. The result - the speediest visa application ever for my wife to go on a trip with me to UK.
Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 07:15:04 am »
Just went to the UK Visa Application center in Guangzhou.  They said the process has been streamlined.
Well believe me it has.

We walked in the main door at 11am and out again at 11.20. The result - the speediest visa application ever for my wife to go on a trip with me to UK.
Willy

Congrats Willy, Hope you and her have a very pleasant visit to the UK. If you have a chance how about getting a business card from your consulate and dropping it off at the American consulate so they can call someone who actually knows how to speed a process up. I sometimes think that the people who are supposedly in charge of our (US) immigration system are as lost as last year's Easter eggs. :-\

• Board Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 10:15:54 pm »
Well I have to say that it has been simplified.  ;D

As I said we went in and applied on Tuesday then during Thursday evening an email was sent to say Visa issued and passport being returned by Courier.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner