Author Topic: Forum Questions  (Read 4857 times)

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
Forum Questions
« on: July 05, 2014, 03:27:26 am »
Hi to all newbies, visitors, inquisitives and everybody else.......

If you read all of our latest posts, you will be aware that some of the "old hand regular contributors" are puzzled as to why there is a lack of traffic lately on the Forum.

Posts seem to be restricted to a few, from people who have posted on many topics over the years. What we dont see much of lately are posts from guys who are in the process of, or contemplating beginning their search for a Foreign Bride.

We are aware that there is a mountain of REAL information already contained within the thousands of posts in our archives and that visitors can freely acces these.

We consider a few relevant issues may be critical to our desire to make sure that this Forum is the definitive place to go for information:

There are about 30 people each day who visit the site but dont post, dont ask questions and we would like to know :

If you are one of this 30....

Did you find the Site helpful

Were you disappointed in what you found

What comments do you have about the Site in general

Are you in the process of looking for a Foreign Bride (particularly Chinese)

Are you contemplating beginning this process

C'mon all you newbies and lurkers....join in and lets hear from some "fresh faces"...your input is genuinely sought and valued.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Re: Forum Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 07:20:39 am »
A large number of visitors are in fact search engines that regularly trawl through forums to collect information.

Plus I visit the forum numerous times a day - so do they count as individual visits?

Apart from that you are correct that the number of guys visiting China solely to meet up with ladies are diminishing fast according to agency translators I know.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline JohnB

• Board Moderator
  • the less traveled road has made all the difference
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 10:22:07 am »
One thing I have not seen as of late is a post by a “Guest”. is this still doable?

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 10:55:38 am »
One thing I have not seen as of late is a post by a “Guest”. is this still doable?

That would be a negative Ghostrider! If we allowed guests to post without registering this site would be swamped with haters, nutcases, and spammers. Requiring guests to register before being allowed to post at least requires them to actually have to put some effort into the process. I also changed the settings where a new member has to make at least 10 posts before they can add a link to their signature lines to complicate their efforts to spam even further. 8)

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 11:54:14 am »
This is a very old thread but I am using it because it addresses both posting and membership.

Hi to all newbies, visitors, inquisitives and everybody else.......

If you read all of our latest posts, you will be aware that some of the "old hand regular contributors" are puzzled as to why there is a lack of traffic lately on the Forum.

Posts seem to be restricted to a few, from people who have posted on many topics over the years. What we dont see much of lately are posts from guys who are in the process of, or contemplating beginning their search for a Foreign Bride.

We are aware that there is a mountain of REAL information already contained within the thousands of posts in our archives and that visitors can freely acces these.

We consider a few relevant issues may be critical to our desire to make sure that this Forum is the definitive place to go for information:

There are about 30 people each day who visit the site but dont post, dont ask questions and we would like to know :

If you are one of this 30....

Did you find the Site helpful

Were you disappointed in what you found

What comments do you have about the Site in general

Are you in the process of looking for a Foreign Bride (particularly Chinese)

Are you contemplating beginning this process

C'mon all you newbies and lurkers....join in and lets hear from some "fresh faces"...your input is genuinely sought and valued.

Ok, that  being said a couple years ago the situation has not improved at all.  This site is still getting a lot of visits but how many of them are real? Robertt says there are new members joining but I dont see any new posts. I think there are just a few of us keeping this site alive.

My request is that if you are a new member PLEASE introduce yourself and tell us why you are here. If you are one of the old timers then give us updates.

No matter your age, what's your situation in life and circumstances that brought you to browse these stories we want he hear from you. Share your story, ask your questions. You wont find a better place for good answers and advice anywhere on the internet. Many of the members here have first hand experience in finding, meeting, marrying and (divorcing) foreign women. There is no question too silly or to bold. We have see it all. We have heard it all. So don't just browse here. Participate. I remember when I first joined I sat and watched for quite a while, wondering how to word my first question. That was 6 years ago and I am still here. I'm here because I married a Chinese woman and it has filled my life with joy and excitement and I want to share it and encourage you to do the same.

You will see that finding, meeting and courting a Chinese woman will add an energy into your life that you never knew existed. You will find yourself online at 4 am chatting with some lovely lady when you know you need to get up to work in just a little while. It will exhaust you and invigorate you and the experience will leave you with lifetime memories.

I am a contributing author of the thread  "end of the road" it is a chronology of my pursuit of a chinese bride. Beginning to End.....
But there is no end to the story.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline Mark

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 10:23:29 pm »
Hello all, my name is Mark and yes, I've been lurking for some time. Mostly reading older posts, I know some of the authors and trolls. Also, there is some funny shit on Just for a laugh.
With all the Asian dating sites available these days it's difficult to believe that interest in meeting an Asian woman has died but as you say, where are they? Maybe what has passed is foreign interest and domestic interest is surging as the article on Gong Haiyan suggests. It is kinda sad that it is nothing like it was between 2008 and 2010. Seemed everyone received a secret memo at the same time back then. Those were some good times J. J.

Keep posting, it's all good.

Mark

Offline Mark

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 10:32:42 pm »
Just curious, is my post visible?

• Board Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 11:42:11 pm »
Just curious, is my post visible?

Yes Mark your posts are visible.

Willy the Londoner
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Gus

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2017, 11:09:21 pm »
Good evening all, from Gus in the USA. I am NEW here. I am excited to find out more about having a Chinese wife. I am going to Liuzhou n August to meet a woman, I hope to marry. We are both in our 50's and divorced. I am excited and nervous. We have been Wechatting everyday since March. I speak little Chinese, she speaks more English, but I am still concerned about face to face communication.... I turn to the experts and ask... HELP!

Hope to have fun meeting you all, reading thoughts, comments etc. and beginning a wonderful journey.

Gus

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2017, 04:26:31 pm »
Welcome to the site Gus!

You will hopefully find the answers to some of your questions here.  Be patient though because it takes awhile sometimes for members to respond to your posts. As far as the face to face communication on the first meeting you might consider an electronic translator.

There are many models available on line with all types of capabilities, so the just figure out how much you want to pay for one. I know we had a topic here in the past that covered all different brands of translators members were using and the pros and cons of each.

Good Luck!

Robertt

• Board Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2017, 08:55:47 pm »
Hi Gus

I have been here in China for 9 years now.

My Chinese is just a few odd phrases and my wife's English is of a very low level but that has not prevented us from having a good life here together.

Our early face to face meetings were no problem even though neither had more than a few words of each others language at that time.  However if you want to have deep and meaningful conversations then learning the language will be a must.

As you are on WeChat you will find an very good translator is available as an app.   It is by Nuance inc. Available on google toolbox.  Most important it is free. You just need to be online to use it on a smart phone.  It will translate and say the words back to you in chinese so it is a good way to also aid learning.

I am on WeChat if you would like my details send me a private message but for general questions this is the place to ask.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner