Author Topic: Chinese VISA  (Read 2836 times)

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
Chinese VISA
« on: July 31, 2014, 02:16:01 pm »
Willy probably knows more about this than anyone else since he has recently gone through the process.

I pulled this information from the Visarite website. I have used several Visa services and so far this one has kept me the most satisfied. http://www.visarite.com/index.htm#.U9qEefldWoE

This is probably the best option for an expat that is married to a Chinese national.  This is a single entry visa but once you obtain your residence permit you can come and go as you please.        
Family Visa (Q1, Long Term)China Q1 Visa   Family Visa (Q1, Long Term)   
Q1 visa is designed for Chinese descendants or foreigners who are spouse of Chinese citizen. Issued to those who are family members of Chinese citizens or of foreigners with Chinese permanent residence and intend to go to China for family reunion, or to those who intend to go to China for the purpose of foster care. The intended duration of stay in China exceeds 180 days. "Family members" refers to spouses, parents, sons, daughters, spouses of sons or daughters, brothers, sisters, grandparents, grandsons, granddaughters and parents-in-law. Original proof of kinship is required. Interview may be required. Q1 visa is issued for single-entry only. Holders of Q1 Visa shall, within 30 days from the date of entry, register and apply for the residence permit in Public Security Bureau (police station). Residence permit is good for multiple entry.   

Another VISA that Expats could use. Proof of marriage to a Chinese national is required.        
Private Visa (S1, Long Term)China S1 Visa   Private Visa (S1, Long Term)    FAMILY
Issued to those who intend to go to China to live with the immediate family member working or studying in China, or to those who intend to go to China for other private affairs. The intended duration of stay in China exceeds 180 days. "Immediate family members" refers to spouses, parents, sons or daughters under the age of 18 or parents-in-law. Original proof of kinship is required. S1 visa is issued for single-entry only. Holders of S1 visa shall, within 30 days from the date of entry, register and apply for the residence permit in Public Security Bureau (police station). Residence permit is good for multiple entry.   

Some other VISAs that you might use for travel to meet your Chinese GF/BF.
Important side note: if you get a one year multi entry VISA, even as a tourist, you are required to register with he local police if you are not staying at a hotel. i.e an apartment. If you don't, you stand a chance of having your VISA revoked and deportation. No joke. In two years I was audited once and one time I was stopped on the sidewalk in a random check point. I had my passport and VISA but I was not carrying my registration. Luckily I remembered the police station (name of neighborhood) where I registered and they were able to verify my registration. But I got lectured by a petite vicious Chinese police-woman about always carrying my registration papers with me.

Tourist Visa (L) (L Visa) Application to China   Tourist Visa (L)   
Issued to those who intend to go to China for touring and sightseeing. Proof of travel such as flight confirmation and hotel reservation are required. Single-entry, double-entry or multiple-entry are all available for tourists. The duration of stay (each visit) normally is 30-90 days. Multiple-entry is only issued to US passport holder.
.    This is the VISA that I used in all my many trips to China. I have always requested and was always granted a one year multi- entry VISA. It is funny though on my application I always put down as the purpose "visit family" Go figure? They get their fee an the know I am harmless.

Business Visa (M/F) (F Visa) Application to China   Business Visa (M/F)   
Business visa is sub-divided into M and F. M visa is issued to those who intend to go to China for commercial and trade activities, while F visa is for research, lecture, scientific, technological and cultural exchanges. The duration of stay (each visit) is normally 30-90 days. M Visa (for trade or commerce) is usually issued for single-entry, double-entry or multiple-entry. F visa (for non-trade or non-commerce) is normally issued for single or double entry only.

Work Visa (Z) (Z visa)   Work Visa (Z)   
Issued to those who have obtained employment to work in China. A government issued working permit or employment license is required. Z visa is issued for single-entry only. Holders of Z Visa shall, within 30 days from the date of entry, register and apply for the residence permit in Public Security Bureau (police station). Residence permit is good for multiple entry.   

Study Visa (X1/X2)Instruction for Chinese student visa (X/F visa)   Study Visa (X1/X2)   
Issued to those who have been admitted by Chinese college. Student Visa is sub-divided into X1 and X2. X1 is issued to foreign students who come to China for study for more than 6 months. X2 is issued to those who come to China with same purpose but for a period of less than 6 months. X2 visa is issued for single-entry only. Holders of X1 Visa shall, within 30 days from the date of entry, register and apply for the residence permit in Public Security Bureau (police station). Residence permit is good for multiple entry.   

Private Visa (S2, Short Term)China S2 Visa   Private Visa (S2, Short Term)    FAMILY
Issued to those who intend to visit their family members who are foreigners working or studying in China, or to those who intend to go to China for other private matters such as visiting friends, divorce, inheritance, adoption, marriage or medical services. The intended duration of stay in China is normally granted as 30 - 60 days per visit. Proof of kinship is required for visiting family members. S2 visa is usually issued for multiple-entry.   

Family Visa (Q2, Short Term)China Q2 Visa   Family Visa (Q2, Short Term)   
Q2 visa is designed for Chinese descendants or foreigners who are spouse of Chinese citizen. Issued to those who intend to visit their relatives who are Chinese citizens residing in China or foreigners with permanent residence in China. The intended duration of stay in China is normally granted as 30 - 90 days per visit. Q2 visa is usually issued for multiple-entry.   

Transit Visa Transit Visa (Same fee and requirement as Tourist Visa)   

« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 02:28:55 pm by Pineau »
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Re: Chinese VISA
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 07:03:13 pm »
They did need me to be here for 5 years before they would give me a Residence Permit.

Up until then I had to renew my visa yearly and I had to pay extra for unlimited entries.   Until that time they provide you with a Temporary Residence Permit which you need to carry at all times this is valid only as long as your visa and it will be dated to expire the same day. This Temporary Residence Permit does not extend your stay longer than the visa expiry date. It is your equivalent of an ID Card.

Now I can come and go as I need and can do everything that a Chinese Person can do such as work when I want, buy property, start a business.

What I cannot do is vote in any elections!!!!  But between you and I,  I like the 10 year system here.

Next stop will be the equivalent of a 'green card'

Willy
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 07:14:07 pm by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,