Author Topic: Farewell  (Read 5819 times)

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
Farewell
« on: March 16, 2022, 07:02:59 pm »
It is with a heavy heart that I break the news that our long-time friend Willy has passed away.
Willy passed away on October 11, 2021, with his wife by his side.
Willy lived life to the fullest and was an inspiration to many of the men here that came seeking help and advice. I only ever met him once but I had many conversations with him and joked and traded cultural insights with him on this site and private communications.
I have missed his comment and remarks.
I hope you will join me in wishing him a well-deserved farewell.

"Still happy to be living in Goungdong Province and witnessing what is taking place here .

Willy"
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 07:51:32 pm by Pineau »
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline kenny

Re: Farewell
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2022, 12:35:59 pm »
This is sad news. I will miss his posts as well.

Hope wife and family are doing well.

Farwell Willy

Offline shaun

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2022, 08:38:23 pm »
Thanks for posting Jerry.  I had been trying to get in touch with him for a while now.  I'm saddened by this.  He was a good friend and wished I had stopped to visit him in December 2019.  I was recovering from an auto accident and movement was quite painful so it wasn't hard for my wife to talk me into staying home in Shaoguan.  Willy was a great guy and I will miss him.  I hope his wife is doing well.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2022, 08:35:50 am »
Yes sad news, thanks for the update Pineau. I had the pleasure of meeting Willy two times and take away fond memories.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Philip

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2022, 06:21:23 am »
Sad to hear the news about Willy. I was fortunate enough to meet him in Zhongshan (with our wives) and in London (where we had lived for most of our lives). He certainly found the life he wanted in China with the person he wanted to be with.  You can't beat those Hunan girls. Rest in peace, Willy.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2022, 10:53:06 am »
Had a strange dream last night, where a few of us were logged into a kinda like zoom meeting. Rob had us seeing Willy' home page for this site with his profile pic and in a silent moment of reflection, we watched it being removed from this site as a final farewell. My most remembered post of his was when he mentioned the reason why he always had his shoes with tips highly polished. Almost like being a Kinsman, "Manners maketh man."

Anyways, I thought to share this dream from last night.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline shaun

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2022, 12:01:52 pm »
My wife finally found You Yan's phone number.  She called.  I'm sure I am butchering the spelling of You Yan's name but she appears to be doing well.  She went back to work full time just to keep herself busy.  Apparently Willy knew the end was near and prepared her with all of the things she needed to know.  She is grateful for that.  I am working on getting an email address for her so that others can share their simpathy and encouraging words.  I'm sure they would help her some.

I wanted to visit him when I was there in 2019 but didn't.  Now I wish I had.  We did talk on the phone.

All of you already know this but Willy was a great guy.