All About China > Your trip to China

Airlines Reviews

(1/3) > >>

Robertt S:
I have made a poll to allow members to list and rate their experiences with various airlines they have used to travel back and forth to China. Please mark all airlines you have used and give your opinion concerning their performance ( on-time departures and arrivals), flight attendants and other customer service representatives. If you do give a review please include the airline's name with each review to minimize confusion. Hopefully, this poll will help others decide which airline suits their specific requirements for a comfortable and pleasant flight.

I have used Delta and Air China for all my flights back and forth. Delta was exactly what you would expect a domestic short hop carrier to be ( on-time most of the time with no frills) ( Atlanta-New York ) Air China was pretty decent but you get what you pay for with economy class tickets. The plane is usually not to crowded going to China, but it does seem to get crowded on my return trips. ( flight attendants are pretty and very attentive to the passengers needs.) The flights are considered economy but the service is pretty good for the most part.

shaun:
Simply put Delta sucks.  I don't plan to fly them again.  They've screwed me so many times it isn't funny.  But I have learned to never say never because if the conditions are right I could fly them again...  Unfortunately.   But the next time I go no matter what airline I fly it will be first class if I can.

Pineau:
I chocked up a lot of miles in the last few years and mostly on United. The service is not near what it used to be but they usually get me there. Sometime the bags are delayed but they will bring them to you when they show up.

All the rest is just par.  China southern standing out for cheap flights within china.

I usually book my own flight directly with the airlines if it goes through from departure to destination on the same airline or connections are with a partner. But if the connections are with a different airlines then I will use a travel agency to avoid the headaches. 

NEVER EVER USE CHEAP-O AIR!  They will find you the cheapest flights for sure but beware they will sometime only give you 15-20 minutes for connections and will sometime book you on two airlines that dont talk to each other and do not have reciprocal baggage agreements (meaning you must collect your bag at baggage claim and recheck it for the next flight , which sucks big time)

Willy The Londoner:
I have in the past used Jet Airways and Qater which are more like budget airlines in which you have to change planes part way from London to Hong Kong.  Of these Jet were the better of the two although there is always a rush to change flights at Mumbai having to go through the very strict security at the airport there.

I now only travel by direct flights by Cathay Pacific as they cater for my needs better and it is a direct flight.

I have added the two budget airlines but do not seem to be able to cast a vote for them?

Willy

PS I once flew from London to Las Vegas by Delta.  Never again especially as we changed in Atlanta!

maxx:
I fly United most of the time because they are cheap. The service sucks, The food sucks, But most of the time they do manage to get you there on time. And they only loose your bags occasionally.

I Flew southern China one time into Bangkok. It was a nice plane service was top notch. The food sucked. but they got me there on time. And no lost luggage.

All except for 2 times I  have booked my flight on cheap o air. I missed one plane one time. It was United fault. They didn't get the bags off the plane in time for me to make it through U.S customs. And catch my next plane to Denver. United did comp me a meal and a upgrade. So it wasn't a complete loss. Oh yeah I almost forgot Cheap o air did forget to issue me a ticket for one of my boys. So I finally got him on the flight after a 2 hour wait. And I got the ticket fixed when we arrived in Denver. It took the guy in Denver seconds to fix the tickets. After I told him what was going on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version